Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4586 4587 [4588] 4589 4590 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9440956 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #68805 on: January 06, 2014, 02:04:27 pm »

I really dunno what's wrong with me right now. I know what I need to do. I even have vague ideas of how to do it. But the instant I open up a word processor to so much as lay down an outline, my eyes just glaze over and I feel an overwhelming urge to sleep. Of course, this doesn't actually help me sleep - the need goes away with the word processor.
Sounds all too familiar here too :/
I don't so much care what the problem is though, only how to fix it.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68806 on: January 06, 2014, 02:06:55 pm »

I intended to get on with my Sims 3 LP, but I'm suddenly not feeling in the right mood for the sims 3 at all.
You...don't feel like sowing discord on 6 unsuspecting people as if you were a god? Does not compute.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68807 on: January 06, 2014, 02:14:51 pm »

Don't truck-drivers have super nazi rules about sleeping and time schedules?

(now I think about it, the answer to this question is probably "Americafuckyeah".)
They do. But when the delivery time is at 6 in the morning and you arrive at 4 in the morning...well, sometimes you just gotta deal with it.

And since I can't sleep during the day (only for short half-hour naps, top), I'm going to have to call it an early night tonight. I simply cannot go another all-nighter and still maintain safe driving practices.

Americafuckyeah
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68808 on: January 06, 2014, 02:20:14 pm »

I intended to get on with my Sims 3 LP, but I'm suddenly not feeling in the right mood for the sims 3 at all.
You...don't feel like sowing discord on 6 unsuspecting people as if you were a god? Does not compute.
You get tired of it some days.
So, you need something to get you...in the mood? ;)
There's always XCOM or something, man. Just looking forward to that LP being updated.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #68809 on: January 06, 2014, 04:28:41 pm »

Heading off to uni in the morning.

That means several things. First off, no more cozy internet, it's back to the spartan 1 gig per month, and if you go over you get a fuck you speed unable to open a page within a bearable amount of time.
Second it means (mostly) shitty cafeteria food, or buying and making my own that drains my fund faster than a ten mile hole would drain a kiddy pool.
Third and most important it means clamping down and studying fucking math for a month, it will be immensely frustrating, but on the bright side, if I pass I get February mostly off.
Added sad is that I have to try and find a job at the same time too, since a new tablet isn't going pay for itself, but if I don't find it immediately due to studying, I'll have to stay for most of February down there and work to get the money.

I just hope tommorrow is nice and sunny, because I'm done with shitty depressing weather.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68810 on: January 06, 2014, 05:12:14 pm »

I want to watch something like seananners, but videos like that tend to come out once a day from the respective youtubers.
Seananners sometimes uploads twice a day, but you can always check out videos by the other guys he plays with, like ChilledChaos and Hutch.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #68811 on: January 06, 2014, 05:36:59 pm »

OH MY GOD you watch the same guys I watch.

Although I got into it via Derpcraft w/ Galm, TehSmarty, ChilledChaos, Rio, ZeRoyalViking, etc. And of the group and their friends like Seananners and Hutch, it seems like few update very much. Seananners does like 3 min videos, IHasCupquake is just a bit slow and irritating, Galm does super marathons of like a hundred hours of GTA5 and nothing else even though he claims he's trying to mix it up (and he doesn't post any Natural Selection 2 anymore). Feels like Chilled is the only one still doing a mixed bag.

Also they all say the dumbest stuff.

Used to watch Syndicate but got tired of it after he spoiled his Minecraft world with the airship-cave-city fiasco. Syndicate led me to the Minecraft Hunger Games which was cool and that made me watch Captain Sparkles etc. a bit, but didn't stick with any of them.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68812 on: January 06, 2014, 07:36:06 pm »

Just finished up the dishes, and had a bunch of great things that I want to do with my game. Got all amped up to do sit down and do some serious writing/numbercrunching. Took out the trash, and all my motivation is gone. Well, fuck.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68813 on: January 06, 2014, 09:09:36 pm »

I wish I was a girl so people would be nice to me like that.

I wish more people would be nice without it being about their nads =/  Seriously.

I've been pretty under-the-weather for the past bit.  Hope I feel better soon.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #68814 on: January 06, 2014, 09:36:11 pm »

Can't it just be misandrism?

... though if it were, it'd still be nice if people were nice without it being because of that, too...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68815 on: January 06, 2014, 09:42:39 pm »

Guys don't talk like that to girls they *don't* want to sleep with.  They may be nice, but they don't act like that.

EDIT: Oh, and for clarification, I also meant I wish women would be nicer to people they weren't interested in.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #68816 on: January 06, 2014, 09:45:25 pm »

Ooh. There was a log. Yeah, I didn't actually read that, because, well.

So, my bad. Conjecture retracted, move along, move along.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #68817 on: January 06, 2014, 09:52:20 pm »

Guys don't talk like that to girls they *don't* want to sleep with.  They may be nice, but they don't act like that.

EDIT: Oh, and for clarification, I also meant I wish women would be nicer to people they weren't interested in.

>.> I flirt with women I don't want to sleep with, in that, "You're looking good." kind of way. It actually can get a little awkward if they pursue that line of conversation and I have to tell them I'm not actually sexually interested in them. Which is probably why most people don't do that. It's sort of like... Leading them on, you know?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68818 on: January 06, 2014, 09:55:44 pm »

Would it be too much to ask that people just be nicer in general? I'm really sick of the whole "fuck you, got mine" attitude that much of the world displays.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #68819 on: January 06, 2014, 09:57:06 pm »

I agree with you there.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 4586 4587 [4588] 4589 4590 ... 8167