Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4558 4559 [4560] 4561 4562 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9428102 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #68385 on: December 21, 2013, 03:15:12 pm »

Gunbound got really shitty since the last (or previous to that) time I played it.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #68386 on: December 22, 2013, 04:54:24 pm »

I used to play Gunbound.  Like 10 years ago.  I wonder what it's like now.  The game was mainly great back then because I met some people who were ridiculously fun to play with.  One of them had a reputation for the most fantastical and ironically-timed friendly fire ever, and my wife and I still carry on the meme of calling out his name whenever we witness a really funny or unfortunate team-kill in any game.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68387 on: December 22, 2013, 05:01:24 pm »

Finishing A Canticle for Leibowitz again. I always am amazed at how much that book hurts. I still love it, though.
I was very 'meh' on that book. I tried to like it, but I just couldn't.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68388 on: December 22, 2013, 05:05:56 pm »

Salmon, the answer to what it's like now is "laggy, empty,  and gimmicky."
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #68389 on: December 22, 2013, 06:52:12 pm »

A song I kinda really love came up on the TV a few minutes ago, it was this radio show channel or something, didn't catch the name, so I can't really find it via that. And it was in French, so googling lyrics is out too.

The only thing I can relate is that it's a slow, easy going song with soft female vocals, kinda reminescent of Lana Del Rey. It also could be old, not sure. Also fairly certain it was in some commercials.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68390 on: December 22, 2013, 07:28:44 pm »

My computer's hard drive is acting up again. I'm probably going to have to back up my files and get it repaired.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68391 on: December 22, 2013, 07:33:04 pm »

A song I kinda really love came up on the TV a few minutes ago, it was this radio show channel or something, didn't catch the name, so I can't really find it via that. And it was in French, so googling lyrics is out too.

The only thing I can relate is that it's a slow, easy going song with soft female vocals, kinda reminescent of Lana Del Rey. It also could be old, not sure. Also fairly certain it was in some commercials.

This? Or possibly not.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #68392 on: December 22, 2013, 07:36:21 pm »

This? Or possibly not.
If that turns out to be correct, I'll need to buy you a beer some time. Or a bear, whichever is more conveneint.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68393 on: December 22, 2013, 07:40:48 pm »

Ideally I would like a koala, or very small bear that I can fit into a suitcase and then surprise people with. Or perhaps a full sized bear that I would flog at the market to noblemen for dubloons. Dubloons are the only form of currency I can imagine paying for a bear with.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 07:42:38 pm by Owlbread »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #68394 on: December 22, 2013, 07:44:24 pm »

Sadly, no bear for you :P

Damn it, now It's really grating, not knowing. Especially since the odds of me forgetting about it completely in the morning are rather high.
AS - IG

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #68395 on: December 22, 2013, 07:45:39 pm »

Parents had planned a three day trip into Dallas to visit relatives during Christmas, primarily because my dad's brother's health is failing. It exploded into a big Christmas gathering, which my dad had expressed he didn't want to happen.

Family drama happened. Now everyone's upset over stupid shit and no one really knows what exactly is upsetting who, just that everyone is upset about being upset and everyone being upset upsets everyone else. Welp, there goes my enjoyable winter break of staying home and just playing guitar and recording stuff without any stress or guilt.

Why must social interaction with family be so incredibly stupid. Rhetorical question, don't answer that. I'm going to grow up and be a hermit, I swear. Ugh.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68396 on: December 22, 2013, 07:46:14 pm »

Sadly, no bear for you :P

Damn it, now It's really grating, not knowing. Especially since the odds of me forgetting about it completely in the morning are rather high.

If you have a smartphone you could record yourself humming it.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #68397 on: December 22, 2013, 08:11:47 pm »

Nope, no smartphone, and even if I had one I doubt I'd be able to reproduce the melody, since it's very backgroundish, some guitar strumming, the main focus of the song are the vocals, and those would once again be rather impossible for me to reproduce :C

Edit:

I guess it'll have to be one of those songs that I've been looking for a long time now, with a blurb or something vaguely similar to a hint or a part of the lyrics memorised in my phone, reminding me that I haven't stopped looking (even though for all intents and purposes I have and am merely waiting to stumble upon the song again).
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 08:18:20 pm by Jopax »
AS - IG

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #68398 on: December 22, 2013, 08:40:24 pm »

This message brought to you by the ministry of Marsupial Pedantry:

Koalas are not bears.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #68399 on: December 22, 2013, 08:41:09 pm »

Finishing A Canticle for Leibowitz again. I always am amazed at how much that book hurts. I still love it, though.
I was very 'meh' on that book. I tried to like it, but I just couldn't.
Yeah, that's pretty fine. It largely has to do with how deeply it resonates with my perspective on a lot of things. I get caught up in that, and a book that's still somehow, impossibly, a message of hope even after the world is subjected to a second nuclear winter, implied to be potentially worse than the first, which established the setting, is one that's going to take that connection and turn it into a direct line to the feels.

Basically, it's got as much or more to do with me as with the book. So, yeah, it's really not going to hit everyone.

Also, some fairly significant spoilers in the transparency? I don't know. Better safe than sorry.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 4558 4559 [4560] 4561 4562 ... 8167