Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4556 4557 [4558] 4559 4560 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9422839 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #68355 on: December 19, 2013, 08:09:34 pm »

You could make tablet as an unusual alternative to fudge. Here is a recipe that may be good.

Oooh, nifty. I'll have to try that out.
Owlbread, Scottish missionary, has branched out to giving cooking advice.
Dammit, why do Germans suck at cooking?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68356 on: December 19, 2013, 08:40:25 pm »

Owlbread, Scottish missionary, has branched out to giving cooking advice.
Dammit, why do Germans suck at cooking?

Actually one of my favourite things about Germany is the food. I love German food; breakfast, lunch, dinner, street food, anything. Great stuff.

Well, the Scottish appear to be on both ends of the cooking spectrum.

They have slab, but they also have deep fried EVERYTHING.

We lead the world in both good food and heart disease.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 08:42:34 pm by Owlbread »

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68357 on: December 19, 2013, 08:45:09 pm »

Dude, traditional German dinner? It's bread. With some ham, or cheese or something. Traditional German breakfast? Some bread, with jelly or jam or some stuff like that. Lunch is the True German MealTM, but even that is just... unrefined. I'd go for Mediterranean stuff over German food any time. I'm a vegetarian though, so I may be biased...
Street food's great here, though. Reibekuchen, Wurst (I guess), Döner, Falafel... Though the last two are practically Turkish, so yeah: Mediterranean cuisine for the win!
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

KingBacon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68358 on: December 19, 2013, 09:20:21 pm »

So I drunk texted this chemistry phd that I was seeing a while back but who broke it off abruptly in October. She's be liking and commenting on my fb stuff recently and she responded to my texts.

We went back and forth. I asked her if she wanted to grab a bite and then she said yes. I respond and she's been ignoring me ever since...

Fuck. All I want is a woman who can understand my mathematical frustrations and who wants to cuddle. Why am I never good enough for a straight up no? Gawd. Why did you say you wanted to date then abruptly say it's complicated/lets be friends and then ignore to this moment?
    e    e   e    U   U     
, , , . , , , , , , , ; , , , , , ; , , , , , 
. . . . . . . e U e   . . 0╬0 
###x##############
###x .  . ☼ ☼####£####
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68359 on: December 19, 2013, 09:26:12 pm »

Dude, traditional German dinner? It's bread. With some ham, or cheese or something. Traditional German breakfast? Some bread, with jelly or jam or some stuff like that. Lunch is the True German MealTM, but even that is just... unrefined. I'd go for Mediterranean stuff over German food any time. I'm a vegetarian though, so I may be biased...
Street food's great here, though. Reibekuchen, Wurst (I guess), Döner, Falafel... Though the last two are practically Turkish, so yeah: Mediterranean cuisine for the win!

I like German meats in general, whether they're the infinite types of sausage, sausage in rolls, currywurst, ham, schnitzel, anything. I love the bread, I love the pretzels (the big ones that I can stuff with fillings and eat like sandwiches), the meat/bread/jam/egg breakfast. I like the cakes, pastries, stollen, all of it accords with my tastes. But you understand I am not a vegetarian. For a meat eater who enjoys complex carbohydrates German food is great. I wouldn't say it's my favourite cuisine (I have no favourite) but I do really enjoy it.

My mother and brother are vegetarian/vegan so their favourite cuisines are Indian, Mediterranean second.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 09:32:23 pm by Owlbread »

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68360 on: December 19, 2013, 09:27:50 pm »

I wish I lived somewhere that ate breakfast or lunch as the major meal of the day. Making dinner your energy dump right before you go to sleep is silly.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68361 on: December 19, 2013, 09:30:21 pm »

I wish I lived somewhere that ate breakfast or lunch as the major meal of the day. Making dinner your energy dump right before you go to sleep is silly.

We used to in Scotland and the North of England, especially among working class families. That's why we called lunch "dinner" and then you could have your "tea" when you came home, then "supper" in the evening. Tea was basically "dinner" now and "dinner" was lunch. Many many people across the UK still call dinner "tea".

Now, upper class families on the other hand ate much, much more. They'd have all sorts of stuff like second breakfasts, elevensies, "high tea"...
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 09:33:26 pm by Owlbread »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68362 on: December 19, 2013, 09:33:14 pm »

We had delicious sandwiches for dinner last night, and an extra was made so I could take it with me for lunch/dinner tonight (because they are just that good).

Five hours into my exceptionally busy day I realized that my sandwich was still in the fridge at home and I had nothing else to eat whatsoever :/

Now, upper class families on the other hand ate much, much more. They'd have all sorts of stuff like second breakfasts, elevensies, "high tea"...
Silly hobbitses.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68363 on: December 19, 2013, 09:34:20 pm »

We had delicious sandwiches for dinner last night, and an extra was made so I could take it with me for lunch/dinner tonight (because they are just that good).

Five hours into my exceptionally busy day I realized that my sandwich was still in the fridge at home and I had nothing else to eat whatsoever :/

But at least it will be there when you go home for comfort eating.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68364 on: December 19, 2013, 09:36:57 pm »

But at least it will be there when you go home for comfort eating.
Even the best sandwich won't be so good after a week. I told my mom that she could have it instead.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68365 on: December 20, 2013, 05:21:45 am »

My fourth week sleeping without a bed and I just can't get comfortable anymore. I can't afford even an air mattress, though, so it's going to be like this for a while...

t. fortsorter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Most Sophisticated Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #68366 on: December 20, 2013, 06:41:06 am »

Nostalgia is the kind of emotion that lingers in spite of your best efforts to mask it with others.
I'd wish to relive my better days, but let us be honest~ I am only whitewashing the past, is all!
I'm not even that old.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #68367 on: December 20, 2013, 08:17:41 am »

My fourth week sleeping without a bed and I just can't get comfortable anymore. I can't afford even an air mattress, though, so it's going to be like this for a while...

If you can get one of the thick blankets specially built for sleeping on, you'll have a much better sleep!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68368 on: December 20, 2013, 12:30:42 pm »

Because that was statistically likely.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68369 on: December 20, 2013, 05:34:27 pm »

In my high schools, if we beat someone up the police could have been called.
Pages: 1 ... 4556 4557 [4558] 4559 4560 ... 8167