Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4547 4548 [4549] 4550 4551 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9416790 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #68220 on: December 09, 2013, 11:53:09 pm »

If you can, I'd say do it. It's a good workout, you learn how to fight effectively, and once you get high enough, you can start sparring. I joined late, so I never got to the sparring bit, but I certainly picked up enough to know how to throw a punch.
Hehehehehehe...^_^

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68221 on: December 10, 2013, 10:03:43 am »

A question regarding guns: Why do people fire them for sport? Some of them are cool, and all, but you have natural weaponry attached to your body. It's way more satisfying to hit a bag, and it makes your body better (stronger, faster, better cardio, et al) to do so.

A question: why not both? Most guns have a power that the human body is incapable of matching. No human can punch through a brick wall, but a .308 can go through. Also it's so fun to see the clay pigeons disintegrate after a loud bang.

If you can, I'd say do it. It's a good workout, you learn how to fight effectively, and once you get high enough, you can start sparring. I joined late, so I never got to the sparring bit, but I certainly picked up enough to know how to throw a punch.

I remember reading about how actually wearing thick boxing gloves teaches you a bad fist for punching because you learn not to close your hands properly (the gloves normally in the way), though I don't know how true that is. The gloves my karate uses only really cover the outer hand and knuckles.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68222 on: December 10, 2013, 11:20:30 am »

I suppose that would make sense, but we only put the gloves on to spar, and just wrapped our hands for everything else.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68223 on: December 10, 2013, 12:34:14 pm »

My little 'holiday' has so far been kinda underwhelming... nowhere near as much excitement as last time, the weather is awful, if I'm not catching colds my face is covered in windburn, and I seem to find anyone intensely irritating after spending some time with them- even my best friend.
To top it off, freaking Centrelink is giving me grief about appointments I didn't know I had. So now, I don't have any money until I sit through an hour-plus wait time to speak to one of their "participation team" over the phone. That's right, going into their bloody office and talking to them isn't good enough; I have to sit there with my half-deaf ear jammed into a phone listening to the same few tinny classical songs over and over, broken up by the occasional lecture from an incredibly condescending recorded voice.
Did I mention I don't have any money until I do this? And that I need to pay my (admittedly very cheap) rent back home? And that I need to buy Starbound good food other than noodles?

Sorry for whining aimlessly. I'm just in the mood for aimless whining right now. I should get some sleep so that I can subject myself to aforementioned phone call tomorrow. I dislike phone calls at the best of times. Goddamn old-fashioned government offices.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #68224 on: December 10, 2013, 08:09:35 pm »

My cold's gotten worse. My lungs feel like they've been stuck through a cheese grater.
Now my voice is almost gone, my cough is almost constant, and my throat feels like sandpaper.

This is NOT a good day.
...That does not sound like colds if it affects the lungs. Did you do a check up?? D:

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #68225 on: December 10, 2013, 08:12:52 pm »

I realized today that when I refilled my asthma controller a week early a few weeks ago, I completely forgot that I never actually switched to the new inhaler (as there was still a few days left on the old one). In other words, I've been inhaling nothing but compressed air for two weeks. No wonder I've been feeling like crap.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68226 on: December 10, 2013, 08:42:47 pm »

Well, at least you were getting plenty of oxygen.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68227 on: December 10, 2013, 08:57:58 pm »

Pain. My shoulder has been in excruciating pain all day, for no reason. My back, I'd understand. The arm that's been numb for over 5 years, I'd understand. My knees that I shredded fighting, I'd understand. My only good joint? This, I don't understand. Ow.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68228 on: December 10, 2013, 10:02:05 pm »

Maybe it felt sympathy for the others and so suffered to be companionable.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68229 on: December 10, 2013, 10:57:02 pm »

It's just caving in to peer pressure.

Also, it sounds like you have some interesting stories to tell.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #68230 on: December 10, 2013, 11:14:32 pm »

I realized today that when I refilled my asthma controller a week early a few weeks ago, I completely forgot that I never actually switched to the new inhaler (as there was still a few days left on the old one). In other words, I've been inhaling nothing but compressed air for two weeks. No wonder I've been feeling like crap.
Good thing you didn't have a severe attack? O.o

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #68231 on: December 10, 2013, 11:25:27 pm »

It was my daily controller medicine, not the at-need rescue inhaler.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68232 on: December 10, 2013, 11:35:30 pm »

It's just caving in to peer pressure.

Also, it sounds like you have some interesting stories to tell.
I have a few. Most of my friends tell me that I should write a book. However, it would kill any chance at a corporate career I intend to pursue.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #68233 on: December 10, 2013, 11:54:50 pm »

There's these things called "pseudonyms" and "pen names" that get around that.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68234 on: December 11, 2013, 12:34:45 am »

There's these things called "pseudonyms" and "pen names" that get around that.
Yeah, I know, but some of the stories I have are so unbelievable that no one would read them anyway. It's all good.

Pages: 1 ... 4547 4548 [4549] 4550 4551 ... 8167