Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4541 4542 [4543] 4544 4545 ... 8166

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9415442 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #68130 on: December 07, 2013, 01:26:28 am »

This Nelson Mandela person died, and everyone keeps talking about how terrible it is, and I feel a bit left out because the name doesn't even sound familiar to me. I feel like I've missed another one of those things that everybody seems to know but me. >_<

He was majorly important to ending the apartheid in Africa.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68131 on: December 07, 2013, 01:30:30 am »

This Nelson Mandela person died, and everyone keeps talking about how terrible it is, and I feel a bit left out because the name doesn't even sound familiar to me. I feel like I've missed another one of those things that everybody seems to know but me. >_<

He was majorly important to ending the apartheid in Africa.

I... what...? How can you not know? He's one of the 20th century's most cherished people, along with Martin Luther King Jr, the Dalai Lama, Pope John Paul II. Like Hans said, he was majorly important in ending Apartheid in South Africa. He came out of jail after 27 years doing hard labour still with the drive to make things better for his and all other people in South Africa.
By breaking Apartheid, he made life many, many times better for the Xhosa, the Zulu, and the numerous other tribes in the area, not to mention the Indian settlers/workers/former slaves who are South African too. He did so much in the name of liberty and equality, and suffered greatly for it.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68132 on: December 07, 2013, 02:10:19 am »

To be fair, it took me also a couple minutes to remember who he was. (But then again, that I remembered at all means something)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #68133 on: December 07, 2013, 02:12:32 am »

« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 02:15:29 am by Remalle »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #68134 on: December 07, 2013, 02:24:33 am »

I think everyone gave up on my Shadowrun game. Either that or they're waiting for me to railroad them into something >_>
Sometimes you just gotta drop the rails.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Foamybeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KEK in all things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68135 on: December 07, 2013, 02:39:23 am »

I just finished watching Last Exile... Now sure what I should be watching now. I'm... Picky, when it comes to anime, much like I am when I comes to books, so now I'm going to have to spend the next 3 months finding a half-decent violent fantasy anime. (And please don't say Berserk, I intend to read the Manga of that first.)

So uh... I'm sad that I gotta find another anime to watch.
Dwarf Fortress Immortality: Cask of Amontillado-ing all your dwarves.
I'm trying to figure out how creeping eyes vomit despite not having a mouth.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68136 on: December 07, 2013, 02:43:48 am »

Puella Magi Madoka Magica. It's violent. Plus Gundere!

Foamybeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68137 on: December 07, 2013, 02:50:36 am »

Puella Magi Madoka Magica. It's violent. Plus Gundere!

Eh... I meant more like Record of Lodoss War. Less magical.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68138 on: December 07, 2013, 02:51:22 am »

My favorite god game is dying.  :(
Crack-a-lack-a

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #68139 on: December 07, 2013, 02:51:51 am »

Watch it anyway.  It's honestly one of the best stories I've ever experienced in any medium.

Foamybeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68140 on: December 07, 2013, 02:53:34 am »

Hm. Alright, then. I'll give it a try.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68141 on: December 07, 2013, 04:00:10 am »

I just feel so sick with myself, so disgusting, so angry and frustrated with myself..

What I did tonight was breakdown and go to a strip club, just cause I wanted any female contact. I regret it now, so much. I couldn't relax at all, I feel so guilty when I waste money frivolously. There weren't any girls I found genuinely attractive, I kept being distracted by how lifeless and mechanical their nude dancing was. And when there was one girl that I found attractive, she wouldn't pay any attention to me.

It really does feel like I drag around an aura that says 'Don't Talk to Me', and even when I'm willing to let go a lot of money just to feel like I'm dispelled of it, it's so evident that the aura's clutched onto me and won't let go.

And so I broke down even further, and did something I internally swore to never do: I started flipping through old texts on my phone that I'd been saving for months, written by the last girl I dated so long ago. I wanted to read them again cause she was so sincerely calling me cute and handsome, she was so playful and nice and smart, I just wanted to feel that kind of good attention again.

I had to walk out of the club when I started welling up right there, before anyone noticed. I cried a little driving back home. Pulling into my driveway and turning the ignition off, I was just so upset I sat in the pitch blackness of my car for twenty minutes or so trying to put my head together.

I'm losing all hope in my life. What the fuck is wrong with me.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #68142 on: December 07, 2013, 06:26:19 am »

I just feel so sick with myself, so disgusting, so angry and frustrated with myself..

What I did tonight was breakdown and go to a strip club, just cause I wanted any female contact. I regret it now, so much. I couldn't relax at all, I feel so guilty when I waste money frivolously. There weren't any girls I found genuinely attractive, I kept being distracted by how lifeless and mechanical their nude dancing was. And when there was one girl that I found attractive, she wouldn't pay any attention to me.

It really does feel like I drag around an aura that says 'Don't Talk to Me', and even when I'm willing to let go a lot of money just to feel like I'm dispelled of it, it's so evident that the aura's clutched onto me and won't let go.

And so I broke down even further, and did something I internally swore to never do: I started flipping through old texts on my phone that I'd been saving for months, written by the last girl I dated so long ago. I wanted to read them again cause she was so sincerely calling me cute and handsome, she was so playful and nice and smart, I just wanted to feel that kind of good attention again.

I had to walk out of the club when I started welling up right there, before anyone noticed. I cried a little driving back home. Pulling into my driveway and turning the ignition off, I was just so upset I sat in the pitch blackness of my car for twenty minutes or so trying to put my head together.

Vicious cycle.

You have low self-esteem and are desperate for contact, and people can see this at a subconscious level - probably without even realizing that. And most people, even if their consciously followed ethics would tell them otherwise, are supremely self-interested, and as such they gravitate to people who make them feel better. That's the 'aura' - it's very very subtle things that can be read at a glance and turn people away from you.

It's a feedback loop, but it can be broken.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Foamybeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68143 on: December 07, 2013, 06:43:45 am »

Vicious cycle.

You have low self-esteem and are desperate for contact, and people can see this at a subconscious level - probably without even realizing that. And most people, even if their consciously followed ethics would tell them otherwise, are supremely self-interested, and as such they gravitate to people who make them feel better. That's the 'aura' - it's very very subtle things that can be read at a glance and turn people away from you.

It's a feedback loop, but it can be broken.

This one is interested in how one could break a cycle like that. Due to my Clinical depression, i'm constantly teetering on the edge of falling into a cycle such as that. I'd like to learn how to break it before it starts.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #68144 on: December 07, 2013, 07:16:30 am »

Ouch, clinical depression? That's gotta suck. But the problem is in clinical depression it's your neurochemistry being fucked up, and well, if I knew how to fix it reliably I would be a very happy and a very rich man now.

But, one thing I got figured out is that people aren't psychic - they're reading your body language, and you can work on that, at a cost of potentially feeling like you're cheating other people. Although in this case, my answer is that people do it all the time without realizing it.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 4541 4542 [4543] 4544 4545 ... 8166