Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4538 4539 [4540] 4541 4542 ... 8166

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9415284 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #68085 on: December 05, 2013, 02:02:26 am »

Nostalgia Train strikes Tiruin on the Feels!
The severed part sails off in an arc!
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68086 on: December 05, 2013, 02:04:33 am »

Back to work tomorrow. One day off per week just doesn't last long enough for my tastes :[
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #68087 on: December 05, 2013, 03:11:08 am »

I got 67 out of 108 on that computer-stuff (no idea how to say it in English) olympiad, and I needed 72 to proceed to the next (and last out of 2) round. :(
Ah well. I'll try again next year.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68088 on: December 05, 2013, 05:13:57 am »

I'm not sure if I should really go through with the 'going back to school in order to actually get out and socialize with real people instead of people that are exclusively online' plan, even going in to talk to the registration office, just being in the atmosphere of a school made me feel extremely antagonized, and I'm still not sure what sort of study to even pursue.

I'm still upset at myself for spending so much money recently on stupid, stupid, stupid fucking stuff. How do I know this wouldn't just be another waste of money, and even more so a waste of my esteem if my plan to actually make outside people friends just backfires in my face? I'm just not sure.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68089 on: December 05, 2013, 08:19:02 am »

I'm not sure if I should really go through with the 'going back to school in order to actually get out and socialize with real people instead of people that are exclusively online' plan, even going in to talk to the registration office, just being in the atmosphere of a school made me feel extremely antagonized, and I'm still not sure what sort of study to even pursue.

I'm still upset at myself for spending so much money recently on stupid, stupid, stupid fucking stuff. How do I know this wouldn't just be another waste of money, and even more so a waste of my esteem if my plan to actually make outside people friends just backfires in my face? I'm just not sure.
Here's the deal about going back to school: it seems like a huge waste of money and time on its face. The cost appears prohibitively high. However, if you can do it without getting overwhelmed by debt, it's one if the most valuable investments you can make. Gain skills, get certified in said skills, profit. Do it the right way, and don't half ass your way into something worthless, though. Pick a field that is interesting and pays well, and go grab your future.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68090 on: December 05, 2013, 10:35:39 am »

Here's the deal about going back to school: it seems like a huge waste of money and time on its face. The cost appears prohibitively high. However, if you can do it without getting overwhelmed by debt, it's one if the most valuable investments you can make. Gain skills, get certified in said skills, profit. Do it the right way, and don't half ass your way into something worthless, though. Pick a field that is interesting and pays well, and go grab your future.
^This. You're talking of college I assume, yes? There's no crime in waiting a semester/year either, if you're really unsure about it. Better to get yourself in a good headspace so you can make a proper go of things study-wise rather than fumble around lost wasting a year's worth of classes. Also, if meeting people is a major/main motivation, most student organizations (theater groups, hobbyists, weekend upside-down jousting enthusiasts, etc.) won't care too much if you're not actually a student.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68091 on: December 05, 2013, 04:59:44 pm »

Nelson Mandela is dead. Man, I hadn't really even been aware of the severity of his health problems, so, damn.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68092 on: December 05, 2013, 05:09:45 pm »

I don't think there was much left of him, if you know what I mean. His eyes looked blighted and empty when I saw him sitting with his family on TV a few weeks ago. I don't know if he had dementia or something but it certainly looked that way to me, I've seen it before. It's always horrible to see that.

A truly great man worthy of our mourning, may he rest in peace.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68093 on: December 05, 2013, 05:10:00 pm »

Man, I hadn't really even been aware of the severity of his health problems, so, damn.
Really? He's been in hospital for probably the majority of the past year. Everyone saw it coming, but that doesn't make it better.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68094 on: December 05, 2013, 05:12:16 pm »

Mmm, I have been aware (I can't claim to be surprised), but never did follow the matter so closely. Doesn't really matter, anyway.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68095 on: December 05, 2013, 05:16:00 pm »

I have been listening to this for a while now, thinking of Christmas and Mandela. Not for any particular religious reason or anything, I just think it's nice. I like this quote from him:

“No one is born hating another person…people must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love”
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 05:22:50 pm by Owlbread »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68096 on: December 05, 2013, 05:45:27 pm »

R.I.P. Nelson Mandela.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #68097 on: December 05, 2013, 06:34:51 pm »

Indeed, one of the great men of the last century. May he rest in peace.

As for personal sads, I bought an awesome 120 page sketchpad, something I've been looking to obtain for months now, a few days ago and it's been just sitting there, silently staring at me, judging.

But I can't touch it for some reason, can't commit a single stroke to the paper, it's terrifying. And that's the sad inducing part, something I love doing, something I almost never have trouble with is scaring the shit out of me, just because I got a shiny new thing which should make it all the more awesome.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #68098 on: December 05, 2013, 06:52:01 pm »

This should prolly go in the rage thread instead, but meh..

The Humble Weekly sale used to advertise (edit):

Unleash your creativity with Multimedia Fusion 2, the software that makes your imagination come to life! Quickly create games or apps for various platforms, such as Windows, iOS, Android, Flash and XNA. With complete control over your game from start to finish and a new event editor system, you'll be able to deploy and tweak your work as you progress. Learn the basics of multimedia creation within an hour and put your imagination and creativity to the test!

See the bolded text? Not blatant lies, but it's certainly not exactly the status quo. Sure, MF2 allows you to do that, IF you purchase the relevant export module, which do NOT come along in the bundle, and for what I've been able to gather from around (their website does not work properly) cost around 150$ each.

Kinda disappointed

EDIT: The android, flash XNA and iOS bit was removed as of now
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 09:33:08 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68099 on: December 05, 2013, 08:27:12 pm »

The awkward moment where someone is actually offended by your blatant insensitivity and you feel bad after.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧
Pages: 1 ... 4538 4539 [4540] 4541 4542 ... 8166