Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4536 4537 [4538] 4539 4540 ... 8166

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9415636 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #68055 on: December 02, 2013, 07:52:37 pm »

It mentioned missing Ein.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #68056 on: December 02, 2013, 09:36:39 pm »

I just realized it looks like Lovechild isn't running a You Are Minifig this year D:
It's FEF, not FEOF

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68057 on: December 03, 2013, 01:38:49 am »

Terraria, a game I am really enjoying, has spiders. And darkness. And spiders that can attack you from the darkness.

I hate spiders.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68058 on: December 03, 2013, 01:41:09 am »

If I were on my laptop, I'd post a picture of a spiderbro to comfort/troll you.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Foamybeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KEK in all things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68059 on: December 03, 2013, 02:04:48 am »

Trying to mod in a creature that could be like a Dwarven Dog... Thing, but I can't figure out how to make it so I can A) Buy it from Dwarven Caravans, but B) Make it so Humans and Elves can't get their filthy hands on this beast that makes a great War Animal and use it againts me.

I also can't figure out how to MAKE it. :/ Such good idea, but I can't do it. >_<
Dwarf Fortress Immortality: Cask of Amontillado-ing all your dwarves.
I'm trying to figure out how creeping eyes vomit despite not having a mouth.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #68060 on: December 03, 2013, 02:19:23 am »

Trying to mod in a creature that could be like a Dwarven Dog... Thing, but I can't figure out how to make it so I can A) Buy it from Dwarven Caravans, but B) Make it so Humans and Elves can't get their filthy hands on this beast that makes a great War Animal and use it againts me.

I also can't figure out how to MAKE it. :/ Such good idea, but I can't do it. >_<

Make it a cavernous non-evil PET and make sure that dwarves can use cavern animals and that humans and elves can't.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #68061 on: December 03, 2013, 03:10:39 am »

Just took Dark Souls for a brief spin, though I won't be playing it for as long as I'm required to sign up for Games for Windows Live in order to save. It's just as well, since the game handles like ass without a controller, which means I'll likely be installing mods in order to get it to be fun, and even then I'll have a lot of control weirdness to get used to. Ideally, I would have three hands, and the game would not display commands with controller graphics.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68062 on: December 03, 2013, 08:05:26 am »

Just took Dark Souls for a brief spin, though I won't be playing it for as long as I'm required to sign up for Games for Windows Live in order to save. It's just as well, since the game handles like ass without a controller, which means I'll likely be installing mods in order to get it to be fun, and even then I'll have a lot of control weirdness to get used to. Ideally, I would have three hands, and the game would not display commands with controller graphics.

I play it with a controller, and it's really good as a game. Think my controller was a cheap knockoff so it wasn't that much. THough GFWL does suck.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile
« Reply #68063 on: December 03, 2013, 11:47:00 am »

If it's any consolation, Paul McCartney has made billions as a musician and composer, without ever having learned to read even a bar's worth of formally-notated music.

If your instructors don't like the way you approach your musicianship, screw 'em - rebellion and iconoclasm have historically been character traits of the most memorable and genre-changing composers and musicians.

Your grade in piano class doesn't matter - the expression of pure emotion from your fingertips does.

To handle your emotions in re: piano class, may I suggest composing a piece that expresses them?

It gets better.
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68064 on: December 03, 2013, 12:27:20 pm »

You know how I deal?

I just play the damn instrument and stop caring about how. This extends to whether or not I can read the sheet music. If I can't, then I can't. I'll try and learn, but if I can't figure it out, then it's not the end of the world.

Of course, I don't play an instrument, I don't have a viola. But it's the principle I mean.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile
« Reply #68065 on: December 03, 2013, 12:28:37 pm »

I was going to dredge up some words of wisdom from people far better than I, but others have already done it for me.

Without love and acceptance for oneself, there can be no love or acceptance of others.  No matter your faults, flaws, and warts, the odds are that they're no worse than the next person's.

Nobody said it's easy; we are often our own worst critics, as we know our own dirty little secrets.

As to a happy medium, may I suggest reading the works of:

Chang Tzu;
Lao-Tze;
Siddhartha Gautama (the Buddha);
Kurt Vonnegut, Jr;
and/or
Groucho Marx.

Remember that even a forced smile releases endorphins - sometimes, the best option is to fake happiness until it sticks!

Good luck, and to repeat: it gets better.
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #68066 on: December 03, 2013, 07:56:41 pm »

"No! Everyone will tell you to let it go and move on, but don't! Instead, let it fester and boil inside of you! Take these feelings and lock them away. Let them fuel your actions. Let hate be your ally, and you will be capable of wonderfully horrid things. Heed my words: don't let it go."
*Urge to corrupt subsiding*

Alright. Well first of all, know this: No one, not here, not in any forum, nor any place with any people on this planet, can tell you what you feel. We can put words to what you describe, but no psychic, nor scientist, no therapist or analyst, can ever tell you what you feel.

Second, know that anything you feel is real. To quote Dumbledore: "Of course it's in your head! But why ever should that mean it isn't real?". If you feel it, it's what you feel. The why may be difficult, but it doesn't make the emotions less real.

Thirdly, know above all that beating yourself up is the epitome of pointless. Whether or not you accept your failure, bothering yourself about it accomplishes nothing. You don't become smarter, more humble, wiser, more ready, or anything. To figure out why you messed up is an important task, but one that shouldn't be taken critically. Being upset accomplishes nothing.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68067 on: December 03, 2013, 08:39:18 pm »

Thirdly, know above all that beating yourself up is the epitome of pointless.
This. There's a Nietzsche quote, “The thought of suicide is a great consolation: by means of it one gets through many a dark night.” That may be the extreme, but it proves a point: Going back, reviewing, beating yourself up is a way to deal with the immediate pain, but making it go away is a whole different thing. You can evaluate all you want, and to some extent it's a good thing; but what actually matters is what you then do.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #68068 on: December 03, 2013, 11:33:02 pm »

I think I need help.
Life has basically become going to school to have people hate me,
going home to find people treat me bad there too,
and going to my own mind, to find I hate myself.
I try to avoid it, but it builds up.
And now there's stress everywhere.
I think I'm gonna break.
Dealing with general stress is a hard one; I would find stress-relieving activities and focusing on the less terrible aspects of your situation. Approach your problems individually.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 11:35:13 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #68069 on: December 04, 2013, 12:23:24 am »

I think I need help.
Life has basically become going to school to have people hate me,
going home to find people treat me bad there too,
and going to my own mind, to find I hate myself.
I try to avoid it, but it builds up.
And now there's stress everywhere.
I think I'm gonna break.
Dealing with general stress is a hard one; I would find stress-relieving activities and focusing on the less terrible aspects of your situation. Approach your problems individually.

I'd recommend meditation for stress relief. Generally the act of meditating for even just 15 minutes a day can help. There's not really any clear method I'd recommend for meditating. Just set some time aside to be undisturbed, sit still in a comfortable position and concentrate on something for a while. It can be anything from your own breathing patterns to music or background noise. Even something like your own thoughts about whatever. Just make sure you don't doze off.

From my own experience, I usually feel more relaxed and at ease and thinking clearer and junk after one session of meditating. It's really chill. I haven't actually seriously meditated for a while, admittedly, but when I did do it regularly I felt more positive about myself and in general.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _
Pages: 1 ... 4536 4537 [4538] 4539 4540 ... 8166