Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4501 4502 [4503] 4504 4505 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9430967 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #67530 on: November 13, 2013, 03:41:29 pm »

What does she consider to be a decent uni? Because I think I've only seen you talk about Ivy Leagues, and, while they might be more prestigious, they don't necessarily offer a better education, and in some cases I think I've heard they can be much worse (lots of grade inflation).
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #67531 on: November 13, 2013, 03:45:05 pm »

So there's this girl...

And that's not good, because it's been over a year since I've been interested in anybody, and while I'm not useless in social situations, this represents uncharted territory. Nonetheless, I have no real choice but to ask her out. Any outcome is better than where I am now, having my thoughts preoccupied with her. Not having full thought control is unacceptable.

So now I just need to attract the attention of and ask out somebody I have never directly spoken to. God damn you, social standards.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #67532 on: November 13, 2013, 04:07:22 pm »

So there's this girl...

And that's not good, because it's been over a year since I've been interested in anybody, and while I'm not useless in social situations, this represents uncharted territory. Nonetheless, I have no real choice but to ask her out. Any outcome is better than where I am now, having my thoughts preoccupied with her. Not having full thought control is unacceptable.

So now I just need to attract the attention of and ask out somebody I have never directly spoken to. God damn you, social standards.

Here's how you do it:

Pretend, for a moment, that you are the most ludicrously badass, insanely awesome guy to walk the earth.
Then, remember that you actually ARE MaximumZero from the past (future? I forgot how you guys work...), and go ask her out.

It's what I do. Pretend to be MZ.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67533 on: November 13, 2013, 04:50:48 pm »

So there's this girl...

Do you even know her name?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #67534 on: November 13, 2013, 04:55:09 pm »

Yes.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67535 on: November 13, 2013, 04:58:24 pm »

Does she know yours? How much do you know her/ about her?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #67536 on: November 13, 2013, 05:11:00 pm »

« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 02:43:02 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
No Gods, No Masters.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #67537 on: November 13, 2013, 06:19:48 pm »

I'm sad that MSH presents as being far more mature than me... yet is 3 years my junior. :P

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67538 on: November 13, 2013, 06:36:17 pm »

4 years, and I regret nothing.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #67539 on: November 13, 2013, 06:42:16 pm »

4 years, and I regret nothing.

GRANDPA!!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67540 on: November 13, 2013, 06:43:11 pm »

My Social Studies teacher keeps handing out assignments with grammatical errors. Mainly not ending questions with question marks, which drives me nuts.

Can't you see how annoying it is.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #67541 on: November 13, 2013, 07:02:44 pm »

I had an English teacher with that same problem, although in her case it was due to having to prepare lessons for 4 different grades at once while also running a couple of extra programs.

She got really, really annoyed when someone (usually me) pointed them out.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67542 on: November 13, 2013, 07:06:40 pm »

It's possible, but I don't know. Being in a class together, you can learn anybody's name so long as you are paying attention to the discussions.
I have forgotten the names of people who I talk to almost every day. And have known for >2 years. I doubt your claim.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67543 on: November 13, 2013, 07:32:23 pm »

It takes me forever to remember people's names. I can remember faces after seeing them once, though.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #67544 on: November 13, 2013, 07:37:21 pm »

My Social Studies teacher keeps handing out assignments with grammatical errors. Mainly not ending questions with question marks, which drives me nuts.

Can't you see how annoying it is.
Sometimes I deliberately do that to simulate me making a deadpan voice.
Do you think it's working.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 4501 4502 [4503] 4504 4505 ... 8167