Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4436 4437 [4438] 4439 4440 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9475830 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #66555 on: October 17, 2013, 02:35:08 am »

Immune system: I know I abuse you beyond the Geneva Convention, but why you fail right now?
Darn mortal bodies and their fragility.

Most symptoms of sickness are caused by the immune system anyway.
Still, feelings of extreme chill at fairly hot temperatures aren't cool.
Oh look a pun.
...Most symptoms of sickness are a RESPONSE TO A DEVIATION IN THE BODY.
NOT caused BY the immune system! Caused by a REACTION. >_>
Now that's just semantics. Your immune system is RESPONDING to your illness.

I.E. Causing the symptoms. :I
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #66556 on: October 17, 2013, 02:48:13 am »

RESPONSE TO A DEVIATION IN THE BODY.

...which is called the immune system, yes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #66557 on: October 17, 2013, 04:22:51 am »

Ugh.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #66558 on: October 17, 2013, 07:21:39 am »

For some reason I just had a dream, which I for some reason completely remember and made me wake up crying, spoilered for reasons.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #66559 on: October 17, 2013, 12:19:02 pm »

^^^
I'd say you aren't hanging with the right people. Used to be the same way myself. The group I hung around were tolerant of me but never really seemed much interested in what I had to say or cared much if I was around.

So, I stopped hanging with them. I found another group that I related better to and we get along great. Hell, even my old group of "friends" show me more respect now which is sort of ironic since I no longer really care.

The trick is picking people who you actually have fun with. If they make you feel like shit then you aren't having much fun. There's always going to be someone out there who gets along with you and genuinely appreciates you as a person. You don't have to hang out with the largest crowd or the "in" crowd or whatever. Hang with the people right for you and have fun. Besides, when you're having fun, the people around you have more fun too.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66560 on: October 17, 2013, 01:02:07 pm »

Just watched some Pewdiepie. I am sad because I don't have enough bullets to erase this image from my brain.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #66561 on: October 17, 2013, 01:34:33 pm »

It's like saying that the bullet holes in your car were caused by the cops shooting them.

And forgetting to mention that they were aiming at armed felons.
I see you're familiar with my immune system.
"Sir, we have unauthorized foreign bacteria in Sector 7!"
"Fire up the mucus generators and engage response plan Omega......and may God have mercy on our cells."

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #66562 on: October 17, 2013, 01:46:25 pm »

The last time I had the Flu, I ended up with a 107.3f fever.

I also ended up with a skin reaction that caused pain if my skin was touched by anything, including silk, cool water, lotion, or other pieces of my skin.

I went to work, and stayed there to try and distract myself from the pain, I was told I did the work of 3 people during that time.

I get regular flu shots now.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #66563 on: October 17, 2013, 01:48:31 pm »

I've come to discover that I never have anything to add to a group or a conversation and when I do open my mouth to say something, which is rather infrequently, nobody listens. It's horribly frustrating when you've little to be motivated about and fewer who will listen to anything said. It's not helping the fact that I've subconsciously convinced myself that I'm not a pleasant person to be around. It's not something easily fought, even when conscious of it.

Socially speaking, I'm at a loss. My old social circle has disintegrated (and not being a music major doesn't help when trying to connect with the remainders, either), I've nobody to talk to for support, nobody that wants to listen to me anyways, and nothing to add.

I kind of feel the same way at the moment and I'm scared to move away from my current friend circle because I have a feeling that if I do I'll just be on my own.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66564 on: October 17, 2013, 02:00:10 pm »

Just watched some Pewdiepie. I am sad because I don't have enough bullets to erase this image from my brain.
Which image, the horror game or the facecam?

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66565 on: October 17, 2013, 02:04:52 pm »

Just a random video.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66566 on: October 17, 2013, 02:27:24 pm »

^^^
I'd say you aren't hanging with the right people. Used to be the same way myself. The group I hung around were tolerant of me but never really seemed much interested in what I had to say or cared much if I was around.

So, I stopped hanging with them. I found another group that I related better to and we get along great. Hell, even my old group of "friends" show me more respect now which is sort of ironic since I no longer really care.

The trick is picking people who you actually have fun with. If they make you feel like shit then you aren't having much fun. There's always going to be someone out there who gets along with you and genuinely appreciates you as a person. You don't have to hang out with the largest crowd or the "in" crowd or whatever. Hang with the people right for you and have fun. Besides, when you're having fun, the people around you have more fun too.
This, pretty much verbatim, is my experiences. Not saying it's necessarily easy to leave your old "friends", but it's better to, in the long run. The short run too, now that I think about it.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66567 on: October 17, 2013, 02:31:19 pm »

Just a random video.

Pewdiepie is basically one of the worst letsplayers... pretty much ever just about.

MIND YOU there are worse letsplayers in other categories... but when it comes to the absolute worst letsplayer who has SOME modicum of popularity it would be pewdiepie.

I oddly enough find him comparable with Fred. In that the joke is how obnoxious the humor is.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #66568 on: October 17, 2013, 02:33:54 pm »

The only LPers I hate more than Pewdiepie are the ones that do things like having "like thresholds" for when their next videos are released. And DSP.

But everybody hates DSP.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66569 on: October 17, 2013, 04:34:47 pm »

http://www.arthurkingoftimeandspace.com/1827.htm

Haha, I remember seeing that episode of M.A.S.H. it's going to be so sad when Merlin finally dies...

wait... crap...
Pages: 1 ... 4436 4437 [4438] 4439 4440 ... 8167