Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4422 4423 [4424] 4425 4426 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9424014 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #66345 on: October 07, 2013, 05:09:02 pm »

I'm doing this thing again where I put off doing anything so that I don't end up getting stuck doing that thing, and can do other things instead. Except I just end up not doing any of the things I wanted to.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66346 on: October 07, 2013, 05:53:06 pm »

*Projeck is trying to calm his nerves.
Last night was all of my nope and sadness.
*hugs*

This sort of stuff, it's never been a situation I've been in myself, but it must suck.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #66347 on: October 07, 2013, 06:37:41 pm »

I'm doing this thing again where I put off doing anything so that I don't end up getting stuck doing that thing, and can do other things instead. Except I just end up not doing any of the things I wanted to.

Oh cool, I'm not the only one who does this.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66348 on: October 07, 2013, 07:13:36 pm »

Well, on the way to the hospital right now due to my friend trying to commit suicide.. Not the best thing in the world to be doing at... 11:14 PM.
Maybe this sounds insensitive, but: By what method? Just out of curiosity... My condolences, of course.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #66349 on: October 07, 2013, 07:14:58 pm »

Well, on the way to the hospital right now due to my friend trying to commit suicide.. Not the best thing in the world to be doing at... 11:14 PM.
Maybe this sounds insensitive, but: By what method? Just out of curiosity... My condolences, of course.
I feel a bit uncomfortable talking about it..
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66350 on: October 07, 2013, 07:16:15 pm »

Then don't man. No one is gonna pressure you. My condolences by the way.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #66351 on: October 07, 2013, 07:17:42 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
We need some context, here.

might want to remove the image from your post

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66352 on: October 07, 2013, 08:22:12 pm »

I'm really upset just cause I'm not sure if I accidentally left a bad impression on some of my TF2 friends, ones that I group up with sometimes to play mvm sometimes, and they're ignoring me because of it. I was just messing around for fun, I hate this feeling where I'm just trying to nurture this kind of friendly relationship, and I end up accidentally alienating it...

Double sad in that I'm ashamed of myself for getting emotionally entangled about stupid shit like that.

Triple sad in that that's like my closest friend group, and I don't want to lose them...

Quad sad in that, of course, I have to act aloof and indifferent about it, cause it's objectively not a big deal...

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #66353 on: October 07, 2013, 09:29:58 pm »

Ban dodgers and shock images.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #66354 on: October 07, 2013, 09:35:39 pm »

Ban dodgers and shock images.
His Toadiness has intervened for now, so all is well.

Is His Toadiness correct? I mean he is the Toady one.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #66355 on: October 07, 2013, 11:09:09 pm »

Only advice I can give is for you to do what is best for them, no matter what they say. That's coming from a guy who's been there and has attempted suicide before.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #66356 on: October 08, 2013, 01:25:05 am »

I had a panic attack in class. I felt so embarrassed. My mother's had a long, strong history of anxiety disorders, but I always thought that I would get away from it, that I'd missed whatever gene gave that to her or that I'd be able to tough it out when it finally came for me. This is the second panic attack I've had in my life. The first time I blew it off, but I'm worried now. I can only say this because I love her, but she's a wreck. I don't want to be like that. I've lived with that understanding for a long time. I don't want to go down that road.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #66357 on: October 08, 2013, 01:30:10 am »

Only advice I can give is for you to do what is best for them, no matter what they say. That's coming from a guy who's been there and has attempted suicide before.
Be there for them. You may not know it, but just being there, and sincerely meaning and being there for them means a lot despite what you may see.

You do not need to detail it here. Tell her you're there for her. Tell her what you feared to tell her before. She has a friend like you there--go tell her and support her.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66358 on: October 08, 2013, 02:56:21 pm »

Ugh... cold symptoms got so bad today, my nose is completely stuffed up, and I wound up sleeping in rather late and forgetting all my school gear at home. Still I didn't really need it today and now I get to spend some time napping or something.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66359 on: October 08, 2013, 03:25:48 pm »

Head pain continues for the 4th day in a row. Right now, it's only a dull throbbing about an inch in and above my right eyebrow... but when it gets bad, the area around my right eye gets inflamed, and it feels like there's a knife jammed through my orbital socket.

Dad sent me a bundle of painkillers he couldn't use anymore because of the meds he's on. I appreciate the gesture, but I'd already mentioned it didn't respond to anything I'd tried in the past. Just ice packs, and vasodilation via caffeine.

Canada, can I borrow your socialized medicine for a minute? I would rather like to see a neurologist, I think.
Pages: 1 ... 4422 4423 [4424] 4425 4426 ... 8167