Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4397 4398 [4399] 4400 4401 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9421289 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #65970 on: September 24, 2013, 11:58:34 pm »

It does help though! I was unhappy to the point of suicidal, had borderline OCD and other assorted brainfuckery and it helped give me time to sort it all out.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65971 on: September 24, 2013, 11:59:04 pm »

I never really liked knives that much, but then again, I trained mostly with proper swords that I took from my dad when he was too drunk to notice, so I guess they never felt effective enough for me.
But I'm still way better at a spear, though I don't really take advantage of it's length, though, because I trained with it by switching a staff for a spear, so I fight with one at a shorter range, but with a high emphasis on speed, and the ability to use both ends of the weapon.

Don't get me wrong - mastahcheese, for instance, holy shit, yeah getting out of that was the way to go. There are definitely cases where GET OUT NOW is the correct way to go, it just seems like it's a bizarrely common response around here.
Yeah, my situation wasn't exactly common, and I wouldn't recommend it for most people.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65972 on: September 24, 2013, 11:59:39 pm »

Spoiler: -Snip- (click to show/hide)
May I suggest you try Zoloft? I had the whole 'desperate for friends/emotional attachement' thing until I got on Zoloft. It's good shit and doesn't have many side effects (for me).

If that was directed at me, A) Don't have the money for brain drugs, and B) The problem can be solved by other means that don't involve inviting a chemical dependance into my life, and tweaking my brain chemistry.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #65973 on: September 25, 2013, 12:01:26 am »

Congrats on marrying her! And I get where you're coming from. One of the reasons my dad has never laid a finger on me is probably because he knows that I know how to cripple him. One good hit to his lower back and he's in a wheelchair for the rest of his life; I've seen the xrays.
Thanks! It's been the best two years of my life so far.
And yeah, when he started that, I decided that if he ever made due on it, it wouldn't be me going down.
That why I can fight with a very wide variety of weapons, I self trained myself for a worst case scenario.

But hey, if the zombies rise up, I can use a spear.
Yeah, people underestimate the little guy who knows how to use weapons. I'm fucking awesome with a knife/knives. If allowed to go all out, I can take on a 7th Dan Black Belt in Taekwondo with a knife and win.
That depends on what school (don't know if Tae Kwon Do calls them dojos) the black belt comes from. Some are rather shitty, and even I could win a fight against them. Others ... I've seen 7th dans in karate able to cut a fly out of the air with a paper clip.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65974 on: September 25, 2013, 12:03:16 am »

May I suggest you try Zoloft? I had the whole 'desperate for friends/emotional attachement' thing until I got on Zoloft. It's good shit and doesn't have many side effects (for me).

I will not drug my personality into oblivion.  I'd rather be miserable and feel it all.

I don't need "a little something to take the edge off."  Other people have to work to experience life this intensely, and I get it for free.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65975 on: September 25, 2013, 12:04:02 am »

I was forced to take some form of an antidepressant when I was younger for my rage issues, I don't remember what it was called, but it made me feel so numb. I would just sit and stare at nothing, not even thinking. It was worse than depression and rage by far.
I can't say how good drugs would work for anyone, but some of them are not good at all.

I will not drug my personality into oblivion.  I'd rather be miserable and feel it all.
This. Ninja'd.
The Derail Thread

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #65976 on: September 25, 2013, 12:04:34 am »

I never really liked knives that much, but then again, I trained mostly with proper swords that I took from my dad when he was too drunk to notice, so I guess they never felt effective enough for me.
But I'm still way better at a spear, though I don't really take advantage of it's length, though, because I trained with it by switching a staff for a spear, so I fight with one at a shorter range, but with a high emphasis on speed, and the ability to use both ends of the weapon.
I prefer knives because my weak point is my legs and I need to get in close to stop people from destroying my knees. Plus I have a few tricks that only work well when I'm right in the face of whoever I'm going up against.

Spoiler: -Snip- (click to show/hide)

If that was directed at me, A) Don't have the money for brain drugs, and B) The problem can be solved by other means that don't involve inviting a chemical dependance into my life, and tweaking my brain chemistry.
Actually it was for Vector, but I take Zoloft and I have noticed no dependencies at all. Sometimes I forget to take it and it's like 'no big deal'.

Congrats on marrying her! And I get where you're coming from. One of the reasons my dad has never laid a finger on me is probably because he knows that I know how to cripple him. One good hit to his lower back and he's in a wheelchair for the rest of his life; I've seen the xrays.
Thanks! It's been the best two years of my life so far.
And yeah, when he started that, I decided that if he ever made due on it, it wouldn't be me going down.
That why I can fight with a very wide variety of weapons, I self trained myself for a worst case scenario.

But hey, if the zombies rise up, I can use a spear.
Yeah, people underestimate the little guy who knows how to use weapons. I'm fucking awesome with a knife/knives. If allowed to go all out, I can take on a 7th Dan Black Belt in Taekwondo with a knife and win.
That depends on what school (don't know if Tae Kwon Do calls them dojos) the black belt comes from. Some are rather shitty, and even I could win a fight against them. Others ... I've seen 7th dans in karate able to cut a fly out of the air with a paper clip.
Moo Da Kwan. If that's how you spell it. I like to swap the knife from hand to hand rapidly and it's hard for anyone to track it after a while, especially when I swap hands in the middle of their disarm attempt.

I don't need "a little something to take the edge off."  Other people have to work to experience life this intensely, and I get it for free.
I still feel everything, for me it just slows everything down ever so slightly, letting me work through it all without getting overwhelmed.

FUCKING NINJAS.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65977 on: September 25, 2013, 12:05:26 am »

The Derail Thread

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #65978 on: September 25, 2013, 12:05:51 am »

I was forced to take some form of an antidepressant when I was younger for my rage issues, I don't remember what it was called, but it made me feel so numb. I would just sit and stare at nothing, not even thinking. It was worse than depression and rage by far.
I can't say how good drugs would work for anyone, but some of them are not good at all.

This. Ninja'd.
Why would you shut out rage? Anger was pretty much what saved my life as a kid. If I couldn't feel anger and hate, I'd probably have ended up killing myself years ago.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65979 on: September 25, 2013, 12:06:49 am »

Why would you shut out rage? Anger was pretty much what saved my life as a kid. If I couldn't feel anger and hate, I'd probably have ended up killing myself years ago.
It wasn't my choice, I was forced to take it.
After a while I would secretly hide them, just so I could feel again.
The Derail Thread

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65980 on: September 25, 2013, 12:07:04 am »

Some people use coffee to get through the day.

Nerds get by on cold, bitter vindication.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #65981 on: September 25, 2013, 12:07:55 am »

For me, rage is basically my lifeline. No matter what happens, I can count on my anger to pull me through and to destroy whoever put me in that situation.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #65982 on: September 25, 2013, 12:08:31 am »

For me, rage is basically my lifeline. No matter what happens, I can count on my anger to pull me through and to destroy whoever put me in that situation.
You'd make a good Sith.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65983 on: September 25, 2013, 12:09:29 am »

Note to self: don't upset Gamerlord.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65984 on: September 25, 2013, 12:09:44 am »

You'd make a good Sith.
Dear god, yes.

We need to make a game of Gamerlord's knife fighting, Xantalos' martial arts, and my spear fighting, that consists of nothing but breaking random stuff.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 4397 4398 [4399] 4400 4401 ... 8167