Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4382 4383 [4384] 4385 4386 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9418449 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #65745 on: September 18, 2013, 06:21:50 am »

That's horrifying. Next you'll be telling me they've never watched The Angry Beavers.
Heck they don't even know Rocko's Modern Life!

90s cartoons were wonderful...

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65746 on: September 18, 2013, 07:23:54 am »

Looks like my tablet has died. Stuck on the OS loading screen for four minutes and three reboots didn't help. A great addition to an already peachy day.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65747 on: September 18, 2013, 08:32:22 am »

This just goes to show you that you aren't safe, even in your pants.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65748 on: September 18, 2013, 08:35:50 am »

Reach into my pocket, feel a stinging pain. Think a thorn may have somehow gotten in, pull out my hand and there's a wasp sitting on my thumb.

My thumb presently feels like a block of wood, but I have to admire the wasp's ambush.

It's only a matter of time before they steal the spider's silk, and circle around your legs in an effort to trip you up and make you tumble to the ground. In their perspective, life is just like Shadow of the Colossus.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #65749 on: September 18, 2013, 08:54:53 am »

That's horrifying. Next you'll be telling me they've never watched The Angry Beavers.

The nostalgia...>_<

But yeah. I'm now unsure how to relate all the fun stuff back in my day to my niece. :/

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65750 on: September 18, 2013, 12:10:16 pm »

The nostalgia...>_<

But yeah. I'm now unsure how to relate all the fun stuff back in my day to my niece. :/
If she's young enough, you may be able to find an area of interest which has not yet been tainted my new crap.

Also, Ren and Stimpy. Back in the day, it would be understandable to shelter children from this (Sometimes I can't believe that my parents let me watch this crap; this glorious, hilarious crap), bot now'a'days with the internet, she's likely been exposed to something similar anyways.

If you are trying to introduce her to old games, it's a bit risky to go further back than the 16-bit era. Sprites are fine, but low-quality sprites might turn her off. Maybe.

And if the entertainment in question thrives off pop culture references, it probably won't age well, so avoid those.

Being good at storytelling helps, too.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #65751 on: September 18, 2013, 12:20:50 pm »

I think I might have accidentally scared someone again. Thus are the trials of being a huge guy afflicted with moderate to severe rageface.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65752 on: September 18, 2013, 12:31:34 pm »

I think I might have accidentally scared someone again. Thus are the trials of being a huge guy afflicted with moderate to severe rageface.
I have that problem sometimes. I don't know why. I'm not built like a brick shithouse or anything like that, I'm just kind of tall and have resting asshole face; with an additional care of chronic staring-at-shit-for-no-reason.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #65753 on: September 18, 2013, 12:33:26 pm »

I don't stare at things for no reason, I have what might be a worse problem. I easily get into going off in my own head, while back in meatspace I'm just staring at one exact spot without blinking. Then, somebody inevitably walks into that spot and thinks I'm giving them murder eyes, when I'm not even recognizing that I see them at all.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65754 on: September 18, 2013, 01:01:32 pm »

I don't stare at things for no reason, I have what might be a worse problem. I easily get into going off in my own head, while back in meatspace I'm just staring at one exact spot without blinking. Then, somebody inevitably walks into that spot and thinks I'm giving them murder eyes, when I'm not even recognizing that I see them at all.
That's what I meant.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #65755 on: September 18, 2013, 02:50:25 pm »

MetalSlimeHunt uses Accidental Murder Eyes! It's SUPER effective!
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65756 on: September 18, 2013, 02:53:02 pm »

My eyes wander. As in, like my brain, I'm quite incapable of keeping them focused on one thing for any period of time. It makes reading quick, but if I'm talking to people I'll only occasionally look them in the eye. In a group, I end up staring at everyone for a few moments. If they notice me then, they assume I've been doing it for minutes.
This can happen to multiple people almost-simultaneously, and I've managed to creep out whole groups one-by-one over the course of a minute.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65757 on: September 18, 2013, 02:55:04 pm »

Thecard start wearing sunglasses.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65758 on: September 18, 2013, 02:56:06 pm »

I always thought that would make me look douchey.

Is that a word? Is that even the right word for what I mean? Why am I asking y'all?

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65759 on: September 18, 2013, 02:58:28 pm »

I always thought that would make me look douchey.

Is that a word? Is that even the right word for what I mean? Why am I asking y'all?

Well try it, find a pair of the least imposing sunglasses you can find and if people ask say it is prescription.
Pages: 1 ... 4382 4383 [4384] 4385 4386 ... 8167