Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4379 4380 [4381] 4382 4383 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9419599 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #65700 on: September 16, 2013, 06:46:43 pm »

Speaking of FATAL and Twilight, G-Flex went through the character creation process and posted (most of) the results in IRC. Kind of off-topic since I find people suffering hilarious.

Also, some people apparently think Cullen can beat the freaking God Emperor. Maybe if they're doing a sparkle-off.

More realistic, too. :V
REALISM

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #65701 on: September 16, 2013, 06:50:01 pm »

Speaking of FATAL and Twilight, G-Flex went through the character creation process and posted (most of) the results in IRC. Kind of off-topic since I find people suffering hilarious.

Also, some people apparently think Cullen can beat the freaking God Emperor. Maybe if they're doing a sparkle-off.
*BLAM!*

More realistic, too. :V
REALISM
I don't think it's inaccurate to say that FATAL is closer to providing a realistic model of romantic relationships than Twilight. Sort of like how it would be easier to drive your car the galactic core than to the Andromeda galaxy.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #65702 on: September 16, 2013, 07:03:25 pm »

One sparkles. The other emits multitudinous motes of screaming daemonflesh torn from the firmament of another reality. Not only would the colors-that-are-not-colors emitted by warpstuff be infinitely more fabulous than Cullen's sparkles, each and every one of them would turn C's body into a gibbering mass of writhing pain.

God Emperor of Mankind. Even His sparkles stand victorious over the unclean.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65703 on: September 16, 2013, 07:14:26 pm »

Speaking of FATAL and Twilight,Also, some people apparently think Cullen can beat the freaking God Emperor. Maybe if they're doing a sparkle-off.
HERESY
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #65704 on: September 16, 2013, 07:15:27 pm »

Speaking of FATAL and Twilight,Also, some people apparently think Cullen can beat the freaking God Emperor. Maybe if they're doing a sparkle-off.
HERESY
Indeed. I knew the guy, and his hair was almost worthy of Old Spice Guy.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #65705 on: September 16, 2013, 07:16:59 pm »

Emps would wipe out Cullen and his entire heretical abhuman geneline for corrupting the Holy Human Form.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #65706 on: September 16, 2013, 07:18:54 pm »

Eh, Dracula's only about as hard a read as any other book from that time. Frankenstein is probably the hardest fiction I've ever read (not due to me finding it hard, but due to the fact that I can recognize things as easier or harder reading).

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #65707 on: September 16, 2013, 07:19:13 pm »

Emps would wipe out Cullen and his entire heretical abhuman geneline for corrupting the Holy Human Form.
Know what I'd like to see? The vampires from Blindsight in 40k.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #65708 on: September 16, 2013, 07:25:50 pm »

I didn't like the story that much...

Anyway: Stress :D
And me seeing others advertising something wholly unrelated on a different board in the forum--prods my 'omg what is happening' button so hard.

And that thing on IRC. FATAL is. . .
Ugh.

Dracula was nice though. Frankenstein was good :P

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #65709 on: September 16, 2013, 07:28:09 pm »

Know what I'd like to see? The vampires from Blindsight in 40k.
I listened to that whole thing last night. It was so cool you're the coolest Xantalos omg like fuuu~

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65710 on: September 16, 2013, 07:32:15 pm »

I wouldn't be surprised if there was some form of fanfiction out there describing this exact situation out there.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #65711 on: September 16, 2013, 09:42:06 pm »

As much as I hate Twilight, as a modern pleasure novel, it IS. The writing is impenetrable, the pace is extremely slow, and the presentation is extremely odd. The story itself isn't bad (based on the Cliff's Notes), but it is almost impossible to FIND the damn story.  It certainly has greater literary merit, and is justly famed as the progenitor of modern vampire fiction, but it isn't a fun read.

A sample of one of the easier portions of the text:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I had to read that ten times before I really understood it, and the exceedingly non-standard  conversational style is extremely jarring. The complaints are not without merit.

Another here who didn't have any trouble reading that passage.  Actually enjoyed it.  Don't know why it never occurred to me before that I should read Dracula, as a bit of a culture geek and someone who enjoys macabre horror, but now it has.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65712 on: September 16, 2013, 09:43:26 pm »

The secret to the author of Twilight is that in terms of author skills she is a joke.

In terms of knowing what her audience likes, she is a grand master.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #65713 on: September 16, 2013, 09:53:02 pm »

Eh, Dracula's only about as hard a read as any other book from that time. Frankenstein is probably the hardest fiction I've ever read (not due to me finding it hard, but due to the fact that I can recognize things as easier or harder reading).

Oh man, I remember reading Frankenstein when I was younger (ten maybe? eleven?) Most of what I remember from the book is just a blur of text. Ending was cool though.

First time I read Dracula was in 8th grade at age 13; I understood it entirely, although at times it was kinda uninteresting. I've re-read Dracula several times. I still haven't tried re-reading Frankenstein.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #65714 on: September 16, 2013, 09:54:26 pm »

My friend is feeling super suicidal and I feel hopeless, knowing that I can do absolutely nothing besides trying to comfort them. It just makes it worse that they just shove off my comfort and deny everything I say..
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!
Pages: 1 ... 4379 4380 [4381] 4382 4383 ... 8167