Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4366 4367 [4368] 4369 4370 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9421362 times)

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #65505 on: September 08, 2013, 05:46:20 pm »

As I just said in the WTF thread it turns out it was just one of those boils I get once or twice a year. I mean I lanced the damn thing yesterday and then cleaned it with liberal amounts of antibacterial soap and hot water and now it's practically nonexistent. Besides that was on my right thigh while the other sore is on my left calf.

That sore on my left calf isn't a staph infection either. I happen to heal rather slowly as a result of my PTSD and how with it affecting my adrenaline levels also affects my immune system and my ability to heal from injuries. The pain in my leg? I'm betting that's a reoccurring thing from when I got hit by a car back in February of 2010. That incident alone messed with my ability to move and while I'm still able to walk sometimes it hurts to do so for an extended period of time.

Look, I'm going to be fine. I don't have a staph infection. Now all of you please stop worrying about what is routine for my body to go through.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #65506 on: September 08, 2013, 06:03:19 pm »

Routine doesn't mean "fine" by any stretch of the imagination.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65507 on: September 08, 2013, 06:08:16 pm »

You sound like me after I cracked my ribs coughing due to pneumonia.

I'd really try going, if it's at all possible.  You may not need to go, but it will likely help you feel better. . .
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #65508 on: September 08, 2013, 07:38:21 pm »

Grandparent decided to have sardines for dinner.

Oh gods.

The smell.

I think. I think I had gone my life without actually being subjected to that, before. And now. Now it has blanketed about half the house. It is not a happy smell. It is a sad smell.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #65509 on: September 08, 2013, 07:43:38 pm »

Sardines are delicious. Give in to the temptation.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #65510 on: September 08, 2013, 07:49:59 pm »

... there is so little temptation there that it has looped around into the negatives and become anti-temptation. As in, outright revulsion. There is a very limited number of situations that I will eat something that the smell of gives me a literal headache. All of those situations involve starvation and having already chewed off my limbs.

So. No.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #65511 on: September 08, 2013, 07:54:24 pm »

I went so long without playing classical guitar, my calluses are gone and I'm bruising from playing the DF title screen theme once.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65512 on: September 08, 2013, 08:11:13 pm »

I went so long without playing classical guitar, my calluses are gone and I'm bruising from playing the DF title screen theme once.

I used to have calluses on my hands from the play equipment in primary school, then high school happened as was all "Nope, can't have fun that way now!" ::)  Though I might've nearly gotten calluses from reading so much.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #65513 on: September 08, 2013, 08:17:14 pm »

Though I might've nearly gotten calluses from reading so much.
wat

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65514 on: September 08, 2013, 08:20:36 pm »

Though I might've nearly gotten calluses from reading so much.
wat

Hey, flipping pages is hard work on the hands. Don't act like it isn't!  >:( :P

Agatha Christie wrote some great novels, but you really start to notice the formula when you read about 15 one after the other.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #65515 on: September 08, 2013, 08:22:41 pm »

Not really a fan of her, but that's pretty sweet. 15 of anything in a row is pretty sweet.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65516 on: September 08, 2013, 09:23:05 pm »

=> Go to the doctor.

(You won't be provided any other options in this dialogue tree)

You are already thinking in Visual Novel ways, now that game will be complete in no time.

Also, my sadness today stems from the fact that guys don't get twirly clothing. Like, girls get dresses and skirts and all that. Why don't guys get anything like that!? All I want is like a sun dress so I can twirl around a few times.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #65517 on: September 08, 2013, 09:25:44 pm »

=> Go to the doctor.

You are already thinking in Visual Novel ways, now that game will be complete in no time.

Also, my sadness today stems from the fact that guys don't get twirly clothing. Like, girls get dresses and skirts and all that. Why don't guys get anything like that!? All I want is like a sun dress so I can twirl around a few times.
You need to become a Sufi.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65518 on: September 08, 2013, 09:53:47 pm »

=> Go to the doctor.

You need to become a Sufi.
A form of meditation? That involves SPINNING? Geez, I already spin when I'm stressed sometimes, it's very relaxing. I should become one of those.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #65519 on: September 08, 2013, 09:59:27 pm »

Kilts.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _
Pages: 1 ... 4366 4367 [4368] 4369 4370 ... 8167