Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4364 4365 [4366] 4367 4368 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9419745 times)

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #65475 on: September 06, 2013, 11:27:56 pm »

Wached Saltybets for--I dunno--an hour or two? It's Friday night, I have free time, it was funny to watch at the time.

Nope, brain has to go and make me feel guilty for it, pretty much like everything else I do. Can I not have fun, brain? Can I not waste spend time however I want and have no regrets about it? If I have such stupid problems with losing time then my brain should stop needing sleep, that's valuable time lost staring at the back of my eyelids. Hypocrite brain.

Gah. Emotions can be so stupid.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #65476 on: September 06, 2013, 11:39:20 pm »

Hnnnng
My body's food sac is aching.
It hurts.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65477 on: September 06, 2013, 11:40:43 pm »

I kind of wish I had somewhere to be this Friday night. Not a party or anything but someone to hang out with or talk to or have fun with besides myself. It would be nice to have a social life outside of the internet.

Hnnnng
My body's food sac is aching.
It hurts.

I'm sorry to hear about that. I can kind of sympathize because I've been having stomach problems and diarrhea every day for the past two weeks. I think I have a mild flu or something.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65478 on: September 07, 2013, 03:04:11 am »

Why is it that my brain decides, just as I'm starting to get all these work prospects and things are starting to fall into place that it kicks in the Depression Switch, and bombs me with self-doubt, fear of failure, and desire to just collapse and give up? How does that even Effective? That's a terrible survival strategy, brain!

I really despise feeling listless, and being sapped of the will to overcome said listlessness. It's weak. I can't afford weakness right now. But I feel too weak to even overcome my weakness.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #65479 on: September 07, 2013, 03:56:45 am »

Just caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror. Maybe its just because I've had a long day with barely 100 miles to show for it, but with my glasses, stress lines, messy fading hair and thin beard, I look like someone's grandpa. I often feel like someone's grandpa.

I'm not even 25 yet. Damn.

My grandpa was a trucker and you look the part and act the part. You are now the surrogate for my late biological grandpa who I never knew. Good luck.

:P
shit putnam's late night posting again what should he do WHAT SHOULD HE DO

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #65480 on: September 07, 2013, 05:44:36 am »

Why is it that my brain decides, just as I'm starting to get all these work prospects and things are starting to fall into place that it kicks in the Depression Switch, and bombs me with self-doubt, fear of failure, and desire to just collapse and give up? How does that even Effective? That's a terrible survival strategy, brain!

I really despise feeling listless, and being sapped of the will to overcome said listlessness. It's weak. I can't afford weakness right now. But I feel too weak to even overcome my weakness.

Because why wouldn't you worry about failure when faced with the prospect of success?  Your brain is trying to emphasize importance and caution, and just taking it too far.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65481 on: September 07, 2013, 01:29:57 pm »

Just caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror. Maybe its just because I've had a long day with barely 100 miles to show for it, but with my glasses, stress lines, messy fading hair and thin beard, I look like someone's grandpa. I often feel like someone's grandpa.

I'm not even 25 yet. Damn.

If it's any consolation, I've felt like someone's grandpa since I was about 10. Probably because I was pretty much raised by my grandparents, and picked up a lot of traits from them. Considering the rate at which my hair is thinning in my 20s, it won't be long until I look like one too. ._.

Because why wouldn't you worry about failure when faced with the prospect of success?  Your brain is trying to emphasize importance and caution, and just taking it too far.

Could be. Just got to drum up the will to keep moving. Unless I really want to screw myself over, it makes no sense to stop now. It's just hard. I miss the pseudo-mania I experience when not depressed. Shit gets done, and I feel good about it. Right now, shit seems insurmountable, and I'd feel bad for sitting and waiting, and feel crappy when I spend my energy just to chip away at it.

Does make me frustrated/angry though. Maybe it's time I learned to channel that into Productivity... instead of trying to "solve" the things that are making me angry (which I may not be able to solve at all). Might be interesting to see what kind of work I do on Angry Fuel.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #65482 on: September 07, 2013, 03:10:34 pm »

The ;ast time I felt depression was.... A year ago? maybe earlier this year.

A girl I knew started dating a guy that was basically a better me. He was skinny, way smarter, way better with computers, was older, etc. I felt like shit because I could be that if I were motivated enough to get there. This girl that I had attempted to date for a year had fallen for a guy that was basically a better version of me.

I got over it by realizing that just because someone does something better doesn't mean they're a better person. It just means that they're a bit more skilled than you. Everybody has their own qualifications, and everybody is cool in their own way. I also got over the wierd crush I had on that girl, so now we're close friends again.

It helps that he's since gotten way far into the atlanta rave scene, what with the drugs and drinking and molly and such.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65483 on: September 07, 2013, 03:21:25 pm »

The ;ast time I felt depression was.... A year ago? maybe earlier this year.

A girl I knew started dating a guy that was basically a better me. He was skinny, way smarter, way better with computers, was older, etc. I felt like shit because I could be that if I were motivated enough to get there. This girl that I had attempted to date for a year had fallen for a guy that was basically a better version of me.

I got over it by realizing that just because someone does something better doesn't mean they're a better person. It just means that they're a bit more skilled than you. Everybody has their own qualifications, and everybody is cool in their own way. I also got over the wierd crush I had on that girl, so now we're close friends again.

It helps that he's since gotten way far into the atlanta rave scene, what with the drugs and drinking and molly and such.
So I take it you've never met a person who is you+ as well as being a better person?
It sucks.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #65484 on: September 07, 2013, 05:50:06 pm »

In my RP group I got accused of being a psychopath because I don't really care about my characters dying, and that the reason for this is because I play them like unimportant NPCs rather then put any actual attachment to them. And now I seem to suck at any game I play.

I am not having a good day.

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65485 on: September 07, 2013, 06:14:20 pm »

Have to prepare a RPG session for a group in two hours, and I don't know what I'm doing..
In all things you were. In nothing you become.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65486 on: September 07, 2013, 06:21:17 pm »

Have to prepare a RPG session for a group in two hours, and I don't know what I'm doing..

A) Steal some hooks from one of the thousands of D&D Adventure Pamphlets out there, adjusting the characters/setting as necessary.

B) Some minor villain or antagonist from way back when comes back mysteriously, and is causing a ruckus to get back at the party. They can uncover how he/she came back next session or something.

Just a few ideas. If you don't know what you're doing as in you don't know the rules.... well, you might want to hold off on running things for a bit.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #65487 on: September 07, 2013, 06:27:54 pm »

In my RP group I got accused of being a psychopath because I don't really care about my characters dying, and that the reason for this is because I play them like unimportant NPCs rather then put any actual attachment to them. And now I seem to suck at any game I play.

Solution, play a psychopath character?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65488 on: September 07, 2013, 06:50:49 pm »

On that basis George R. R. Martin needs serious help.
If you aren't emotionally attached to an imaginary character I don't see the problem. I mean if you are going out of your way to get them killed it can be frustrating for other players, but indifference to a game mechanic isn't really a problem.

Heck I think we are all past the stage of caring when a Dwarf dies, these things happen.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #65489 on: September 07, 2013, 07:00:30 pm »

There is nothing wrong with not becoming attached to your characters and it certainly doesn't make you a psychopath. At the end of the day they are just imaginary what happens to them doesn't matter, it's not like this is your attitude towards actual people dying.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax
Pages: 1 ... 4364 4365 [4366] 4367 4368 ... 8167