Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4351 4352 [4353] 4354 4355 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9419624 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #65280 on: September 02, 2013, 10:05:03 pm »

My grandfather was a Missouri Synod Lutheran minister and kept tracts around the house explaining why women are not meant to make decisions for themselves.
My face cannot make up its mind on what expression to make at that.
^
This.

Religious tracts make me cry. And then laugh a little bit, before I remember how serious they are being.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #65281 on: September 02, 2013, 10:15:33 pm »

That's religion for you. I'm personally very grateful to have been born in a time period where the "women are things with an unfortunate tendency to have minds" viewpoint has mostly died out in at least some parts of the world.

...It's funny, I'm thinking now that a lot of the modern anti-AI arguments stem from the same place as the anti-women arguments of ye olden days.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65282 on: September 02, 2013, 10:16:39 pm »

My grandfather was a Missouri Synod Lutheran minister and kept tracts around the house explaining why women are not meant to make decisions for themselves.
My face cannot make up its mind on what expression to make at that.
^
This.

Religious tracts make me cry. And then laugh a little bit, before I remember how serious they are being.
I don't know whether its funny or sad that the parodies sound exactly like the real ones.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #65283 on: September 02, 2013, 10:17:28 pm »

:/

That's wrong.

..And they forget the essence of their beliefs and take what they want to believe instead.

So...wrong.

That's religion for you[...]
Not in general though. :P

Sad: I just wish more people here would learn to love their country..instead of poking at many other reasons why this place may seem bad. >_>

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #65284 on: September 02, 2013, 10:20:48 pm »

That's religion for you[...]
Not in general though. :P
No, pretty much in general. As far as I have seen, all of the major old religions place men above women categorically.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #65285 on: September 02, 2013, 10:22:25 pm »

Sad: I just wish more people here would learn to love their country..instead of poking at many other reasons why this place may seem bad. >_>
... loving your country doesn't mean turning a blind eye to its faults.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65286 on: September 02, 2013, 10:24:29 pm »

No, but some people like to harp excessively on the faults and ignore any positives. That gets just as annoying as blind patriotism.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65287 on: September 02, 2013, 10:26:30 pm »

You know, I wish that playing D&D entitled me to enter a secret cabal of Real Life Warlocks and shit. That would be great. I could grow this gigantic mess of a beard, and do All Of The Dark Magicks, man. All of them.

Internet, from now on you will refer to me as Grinfeldon Podogyndle the Canny, Amateur Warlock.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #65288 on: September 02, 2013, 10:28:24 pm »

No, but some people like to harp excessively on the faults and ignore any positives. That gets just as annoying as blind patriotism.
^ my point. Too much focus on the fact that there faults, and less focus on the essence of why there are faults.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65289 on: September 02, 2013, 10:28:46 pm »

You know, I wish that playing D&D entitled me to enter a secret cabal of Real Life Warlocks and shit. That would be great. I could grow this gigantic mess of a beard, and do All Of The Dark Magicks, man. All of them.

Internet, from now on you will refer to me as Grinfeldon Podogyndle the Canny, Amateur Warlock.
What about those of us who are making games instead of playing them?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65290 on: September 02, 2013, 10:29:19 pm »

Can we just call you Solifuge for short?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65291 on: September 02, 2013, 10:32:59 pm »

Grinfeldon Podogyndle the Canny will allow this.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #65292 on: September 02, 2013, 10:42:43 pm »

Grinfeldon Podogyndle the Canny will allow this.
Go talk to LSP, he can set you up.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65293 on: September 02, 2013, 11:01:04 pm »

Man, the things I could do even if I could only just cast fairly low level D&D spells. I mean the possibilities don't get to be really good until you're up to at least spell level 5, but there's still a lot of good stuff to be done with lower level ones.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #65294 on: September 02, 2013, 11:26:29 pm »

Man, the things I could do even if I could only just cast fairly low level D&D spells. I mean the possibilities don't get to be really good until you're up to at least spell level 5, but there's still a lot of good stuff to be done with lower level ones.

Prestidigitation. Magic Missile. Chromatic Orb from 2ed. Grease. Sleep. Mage Hand. True Strike with a sniper rifle. Hypnotism. Disguise Self. Mirror Image. ANY KIND OF TRANSMUTATION FROM 2nd LEVEL.

Mostly, Prestidigitation. Good god, the things I could do with JUST that...
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 4351 4352 [4353] 4354 4355 ... 8167