Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4346 4347 [4348] 4349 4350 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9424186 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #65205 on: August 29, 2013, 05:40:41 pm »

I think back to when we were kids and I can't hate that man now.

I think nostalgia just does this.  I think back to classmates when I was a kid who treated me like shit and that's all I ever knew of them, and there's still some sort of twisted nostalgia thing there that makes me wonder if I saw them now if I'd feel like kicking them in the face or if I'd completely forget all the bad shit and be friendly just because they were a part of my childhood.  Once past events are no longer relevant to my life, my feelings about them enter this sort of quantum state where they can be both negative and positive at the same time, even though there was objectively nothing positive about them at all ever and should be associated with years of pain and anguish.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65206 on: August 29, 2013, 06:34:02 pm »

I'm pretty sure I still hate my brother, but that's because he's still a fucking thief and can't let minor debts lie between family (including unemployed family :/)
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65207 on: August 29, 2013, 07:14:52 pm »

Snip. Just needed to get it out there, I think.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 08:57:04 pm by Solifuge »

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #65208 on: August 29, 2013, 07:19:24 pm »

My boss does not like the way I write. If your boss doesn't like the way you write, then they can make your life hell. Mine doesn't and might.

The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65209 on: August 29, 2013, 10:30:23 pm »

The boss might have a point if her writing is hard to follow and/or understand.

... Which, based on how she writes here... Well, no offence, Truean. But sometimes I have to wonder exactly -what- you are talking about until the end of a post and some important piece of information, like who it was that said something (whether you or the person you are talking to) becomes clear. Sometimes it does not become clear and I am confused and befuddled by your posts. :C
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65210 on: August 29, 2013, 10:31:49 pm »

Man, I had another friend who had a degree in rhetoric, communicated beautifully and all that, and then she scrammed off to become a paralegal and the soul in her writing completely died.  It was like talking to a Random Businessy Communications Generator.

Pretty sad.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65211 on: August 29, 2013, 10:46:50 pm »

I am sad for no reason really.

Stress of needing to do things I'm behind and not doing. Messy house. Mistrust and disappointment in government. Wanting to do things I can't afford. Debts. KS and Cataclysm stuff. Can't even stand to talk in the Catachat anymore. Tolerance for pointless chatter has plummeted, opinion of what is pointless chatter vastly expanded.

But for a good portion of those, I'm not sure if I'm depressed because things are shit, or if things have gone to shit because I'm depressed.

At least I've not been tired 24/7 this week. Still crap, but at least I'm awakeish.

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65212 on: August 30, 2013, 06:22:31 am »

.nevermind

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65213 on: August 30, 2013, 09:12:14 am »

I am sore as hell from getting a neuropathy test in my legs/lower back.

Those things are kind of not very fun.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65214 on: August 30, 2013, 08:53:43 pm »

The boss might have a point if her writing is hard to follow and/or understand.

... Which, based on how she writes here... Well, no offence, Truean. But sometimes I have to wonder exactly -what- you are talking about until the end of a post and some important piece of information, like who it was that said something (whether you or the person you are talking to) becomes clear. Sometimes it does not become clear and I am confused and befuddled by your posts. :C

I am purposefully vague here most of the time. Though I have on occasion shown the technicolor coded structure behind my thoughts, when I organize them.

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65215 on: August 30, 2013, 08:58:39 pm »

There's vague, and then there is Novel-levels of vague. :U

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65216 on: August 30, 2013, 09:03:15 pm »

Blegh. Possibly in my worst mood in oh... say... nine years. Cycling thus far hasn't helped with the usual endorphin rush.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65217 on: August 30, 2013, 09:21:28 pm »

?

Please don't quote me.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65218 on: August 30, 2013, 09:23:14 pm »

?
I think he's referring to a user here called Novel Scoops, who seemingly delights in extremely vague, half-insinuated, rambling stream-of-consciousness posts when he's only conscious half the time. Irritating as hell to read sometimes.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65219 on: August 31, 2013, 12:23:21 am »

I kind of feel like a loser.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 12:58:59 pm by Robot Parade Leader »
Pages: 1 ... 4346 4347 [4348] 4349 4350 ... 8167