Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4330 4331 [4332] 4333 4334 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9429483 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #64965 on: August 21, 2013, 10:42:35 pm »

Had my wisdom teeth out today.

If I take a pain pill I puke my guts out.

If I eat something as solid as jello I puke my guts out.

I try to lay down, I puke my guts out.
Ooh. That sucks. I remember when I got mine out and it was much less worse. I slept for 20 hours, sure, but still.
Whst happened to make you -HHHUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH- every time you do anything?

Its probably a reaction to being under general anesthesia.
Ah that explains it. I got a numbing pill of some kind, but not anesthesia.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64966 on: August 21, 2013, 10:45:11 pm »

I got shots of local stuff. I think I would have rather gone under general (been under a few times for other things and never had many adverse effects), but I guess they weren't bad enough for that.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #64967 on: August 22, 2013, 06:50:08 am »

One of my favorite authors, Elmore Leonard, died.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64968 on: August 22, 2013, 09:29:43 am »

My wisdom teeth came in very slowly over a period of years. Eventually, it became very evident that they had to come out, denoted by the excruciating pain they were causing. I had the ones on the left side taken out first because they were the first to cause pain and lots of swelling. The top one came out easy, and was just barely under the top of the tooth in front of it. The bottom one, on the other hand, apparently grew in sideways. They had to cut the gums open, smash it into pieces, remove those pieces, and then sew it back up. I had to go to work that night, but lost a bunch of sleep staying up because the wound kept bleeding everywhere.

About six months later, the right side started acting up, and we had to do those. It was the same story, except the bottom tooth was somehow even worse. I actually used the prescription for the painkillers they prescribed because of how much it hurt this time. It was supposed to be the good kind that gets you high (or so I was told), but all it did was make me sleepy. Didn't even get rid of the pain.

Never had problems with throwing up (I had trouble suppressing my gag reflex during the actual dental work, though).
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 11:25:20 am by Lagslayer »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #64969 on: August 22, 2013, 10:39:55 am »

Some people have that kind of reaction with opiates. It should ease up over time, if it's that...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64970 on: August 22, 2013, 11:13:28 am »

I'm rocking a full set of wisdom teeth. They did kinda hurt when they were coming in (went 3 days without sleep once), but now they give me no trouble whatsoever, and I've got something to fall back on when I wear out my molars crushing nuts.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64971 on: August 22, 2013, 11:17:40 am »

Wisdom teeth? Got you all beat.

Mine are growing at 90 degrees to the direction they should. Instead of growing upwards, they are growing forwards, pressing on the roots of my molars, slowly causing my toothline to lean and curve inwards. This is mildly painful on cold days for some reason, and at some point when the pain becomes too great I will have to have my jaw broken, have the offending teeth removed from the jawbone, have a retainer of some form to reset the rest of my teeth and have my jaw wired back up to heal. Unsuprisingly I am not looking forward to this.
This is a blank sig.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64972 on: August 22, 2013, 11:18:50 am »

Why can't they do it without breaking the jaw?
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64973 on: August 22, 2013, 11:21:23 am »

Something to do with gaining access to the roots - tbh I wasnt paying much attention by that point and it was some time ago. It might have been dislocation rather than breaking of it.
This is a blank sig.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #64974 on: August 22, 2013, 11:24:08 am »

I'm rocking a full set of wisdom teeth. They did kinda hurt when they were coming in (went 3 days without sleep once), but now they give me no trouble whatsoever, and I've got something to fall back on when I wear out my molars crushing nuts.

Same here, but without nearly as much pain. My mouth just hurts a bit for like a week as I'm teething, but some basic painkillers are usually more than enough to deal with it.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64975 on: August 22, 2013, 11:26:50 am »

Mine are growing at 90 degrees to the direction they should. Instead of growing upwards, they are growing forwards, pressing on the roots of my molars, slowly causing my toothline to lean and curve inwards. This is mildly painful on cold days for some reason, and at some point when the pain becomes too great I will have to have my jaw broken, have the offending teeth removed from the jawbone, have a retainer of some form to reset the rest of my teeth and have my jaw wired back up to heal. Unsuprisingly I am not looking forward to this.
That's exactly what my bottom wisdom teeth did. The top ones grew upright (down, whatever).

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64976 on: August 22, 2013, 12:12:40 pm »

There are few things I despise more than dental work (probably...spiders, maybe?), and this thread is making me uber-levels of sad now. And traumatized. My wisdom teeth are going to just fit in there perfectly, right? :(
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64977 on: August 22, 2013, 12:25:03 pm »

There are few things I despise more than dental work (probably...spiders, maybe?), and this thread is making me uber-levels of sad now. And traumatized. My wisdom teeth are going to just fit in there perfectly, right? :(
I'd like to give you reassurance, but most likely not. We evolved wisdom teeth to fill in gaps from teeth we lost or were worn down to be much narrower. With modern dental care, we don't really need them so much. But they grow anyways, and there's frequently not enough room for them. If you have been taking care of your teeth, you will, ironically, need to have these wisdom teeth removed.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64978 on: August 22, 2013, 02:16:47 pm »

Ugh, my mom's been a real asshole for the past couple of days.  She says she's getting sick, which I understand, but I went in the kitchen and went all "LOLOL my friend is totally crushing on me ~<3" and she was like "Yes, that's what I thought >:( >:( >:("

And then she got mad at me because I thought she was angry.  Since she apparently has zero control over her tone of voice and constantly sounds irritated, annoyed, or angry, and then expects everyone else to assume that she isn't and act just as lovey-dovey with this tower of fury.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64979 on: August 22, 2013, 02:27:20 pm »

Surprisingly, this is what they're SUPPOSED to do. They're designed to replace the shattered teeth which hominids lost cracking seeds and accidentally chomping rocks in our evolutionary history. Basically, they come in at an angle in order to crowd teeth toward the middle of your mouth (which seals any gaps left by missing teeth) and act as replacement molars.

Anyway, I had the same thing, with the 90-degree angle. Since I hadn't lost any teeth, they had to saw into and permanently remove part of my jaw to remove my wisdom teeth, or it would have really screwed me up. And they did a crummy job of sewing my gums back together afterward, as I now have a pocket next to one of my molars.

Moral of the story: if you take good care of your teeth, you'll need to get Oral Surgery to correct it. :I

EDIT: Hah! I just read Lagslayer's post. Sorry for the redundancy! >_<;

Ugh, my mom's been a real asshole for the past couple of days.  She says she's getting sick, which I understand, but I went in the kitchen and went all "LOLOL my friend is totally crushing on me ~<3" and she was like "Yes, that's what I thought >:( >:( >:("

And then she got mad at me because I thought she was angry.  Since she apparently has zero control over her tone of voice and constantly sounds irritated, annoyed, or angry, and then expects everyone else to assume that she isn't and act just as lovey-dovey with this tower of fury.

Being around my mom presents similar issues, but half of the time she actually is angry and bitter. She's really confrontational, and doesn't have a lot of self-control; one bad thing (even something as small as accidentally sitting on a book, or spilling something on the floor) can set her off for a day or more... and responding to her irritation with more irritation only causes her to escalate.

Honestly, I think she goes through life looking for excuses to lash out at other people, verbally or otherwise, because she isn't happy with her life at present... but is also unwilling to make the changes necessary to fix it.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 03:15:42 pm by Solifuge »
Pages: 1 ... 4330 4331 [4332] 4333 4334 ... 8167