Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4310 4311 [4312] 4313 4314 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9434114 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #64665 on: August 11, 2013, 01:51:23 am »

Fuck, I've always wanted to learn some kind of slavic language, but I remembered I can't make a rolling R sound to save my life. Apparently if you can fold your tongue, you're able to perform that sound easily, but I can fold my tongue and I've been trying to pull it off for awhile to no avail.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #64666 on: August 11, 2013, 01:55:37 am »

Feeling tired. Stressed about schoolwork mostly everyday. Everyday mostly busy. Lacking sleep. Tiredly tired. Lacking motivation. Can't study well for uni.

Feeling dead instead >__>

Aww D:  I think you'll really enjoy the game that's about to start...
This is one of the few sources of joy left.

*Tiruin clings to that. :D

Because I'm not happy 73% out of the other days of the week. TOo much theoretical learning, too little on-hands.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #64667 on: August 11, 2013, 02:13:49 am »

Looks like the cat's gone. Went out the door and disappeared.

She's the first cat I didn't like at all, but my aunt feels bad for leaving the door open and my uncle genuinely cared for her. There's plenty of other reasons why I can't help but think it's a good thing that she's gone (She was getting old and senile, and my aunt and uncle would have paid any bill the vets said would help her), but still.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #64668 on: August 11, 2013, 02:31:44 am »

Looks like the cat's gone. Went out the door and disappeared.

She's the first cat I didn't like at all, but my aunt feels bad for leaving the door open and my uncle genuinely cared for her. There's plenty of other reasons why I can't help but think it's a good thing that she's gone (She was getting old and senile, and my aunt and uncle would have paid any bill the vets said would help her), but still.

When cats are about to die they usually try to run off and die alone for some reason.  Not entire sure why but it's a trend I've noticed with cats my grandma used to have.  Sorry to hear to hear at any rate.  I've always had a hard time dealing with the death or disappearance of pets and even though you say you didn't like her I assume you care somewhat due to this being in the sad thread  :(.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64669 on: August 11, 2013, 02:36:31 am »

My parents were watching some reality television show that featured a transgender girl, and were being total jerkfaces about it, repeatedly pointing out how she looks like a man and isn't pretty at all, how hormones from hormone replacement therapy are no excuse to being emotionally unstable, being all ew when she kissed a guy, and using only the pronoun "it" to refer to her. Come on, this is the twenty first century, guys. Even worse, I feel sad that I didn't say anything about it. I need to be more vocal.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64670 on: August 11, 2013, 02:43:33 am »

Blorrr I don't think I'm doing a very good job of this on any front but I'm going to keep on trucking through, anyway.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #64671 on: August 11, 2013, 03:34:35 am »

I might be depressed. What do you do when you're depressed?

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #64672 on: August 11, 2013, 03:43:18 am »

I'm reasonably sure cotton candy cures depression.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64673 on: August 11, 2013, 03:44:58 am »

People with depression have a tendency to go out, to see the world, to experience new things. This illness of the mind motivates people to better themselves, to get in shape, to seek friends and romance, to reinvent themselves in new and exciting ways. If you feel that your life is becoming more full and substantial, and you increasingly find yourself surrounded by great people that understand and support you, I'm sorry you might just have depression. Go see a professional right away.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 03:46:47 am by JoshuaFH »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #64674 on: August 11, 2013, 03:46:01 am »

Yeah, that's what I'd say. It's not just an emotional state. Its physiological effects are quite a bit more widespread than that.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #64675 on: August 11, 2013, 04:40:20 am »

Perhaps not clinical depression, but still feeling pretty bad. It's more loss of motivation and a feeling of hopelessness that goes on for a long long time than depression, maybe. Suspecting it's caused by school.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #64676 on: August 11, 2013, 04:45:56 am »

Judging by previous info, I really believe that's caused by school more than not over there.

You can do this. Just do yer best, and when it's over, it's over. :)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #64677 on: August 11, 2013, 09:06:50 am »

People with depression have a tendency to go out, to see the world, to experience new things. This illness of the mind motivates people to better themselves, to get in shape, to seek friends and romance, to reinvent themselves in new and exciting ways. If you feel that your life is becoming more full and substantial, and you increasingly find yourself surrounded by great people that understand and support you, I'm sorry you might just have depression. Go see a professional right away.

...Not sure whether sarcastic...
Love, scriver~

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #64678 on: August 11, 2013, 09:08:25 am »

I have to say I was quite confused.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64679 on: August 11, 2013, 09:59:12 am »

My god, I finished the linked game Oracle of Seasons and Ages, defeated Ganon, and saved NotHyrule from certain destruction.

I have to say though, the last hour of that game was pure, unadulterated hair-pulling frustration. The penultimate final boss had a bizarre weakness that I honestly would never have found out if I didn't look it up in a walkthrough, I just thought she had SHITTONS of health as I wailed on her with my Master Sword for maybe a solid half-hour, but it turns out that even though she was making a noise and flashing in a way that clues the player into the fact she's being hurt, she wasn't being hurt at all, it was a bold faced lie to the player.

What you have to do, is you have to use this odd little weapon that up to that point in the game could barely hurt normal enemies and otherwise didn't have any story significance whatsoever, and normally the game clues you in that you have to use a certain weapon by providing it shortly beforehand, or by providing you ammo for it in the very arena that you're in, which it didn't this time around. That was unmistakeable, ultimate, absolute time wasting bullshit. I was just saying "My god just fucking die and end the game already." and I still had another irritating boss to fight right after that. I was fuming angry by the time the final credits rolled.

Zelda games are usually better than that, it left me supremely disappointed.

...Not sure whether sarcastic...

I'll make my jokes more transparent next time around.
Pages: 1 ... 4310 4311 [4312] 4313 4314 ... 8167