Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4305 4306 [4307] 4308 4309 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9429502 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #64590 on: August 07, 2013, 07:37:33 pm »

Swarm of bees that have mosquitoes instead of stingers, but the mosquito bites hurt as much as bee stings.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64591 on: August 07, 2013, 10:10:30 pm »

It's less about having an interesting topic and more about having an interesting take.  Trust me, I've seen Harvard letters that got the writer in, which were all about how the young lady thinks over her problems in the shower and yadda yadda yadda.  Or about having a nice birthday party some year.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64592 on: August 07, 2013, 10:30:30 pm »

Welcome to Night Vale just posted on twitter about how they had a bunch of merchandise now in an online store. I clicked on the link within a minute of them posting it (total coincidence...opened their Twitter page right as they posted it), but it was already overloaded by fans. Silly fans.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

lue

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:missing right bracket
    • View Profile
« Reply #64593 on: August 08, 2013, 12:25:45 am »

Symbolics.com, the first ever registered domain name, has been reduced to an advertising space, because it's the first ever registered domain name. :(
Post not guaranteed accurate or pristine for all of time.
Sigtext. Enticing, yes? If you do not know where things I have "sigged" go, this page will explain.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #64594 on: August 08, 2013, 12:26:43 am »

Symbolics.com, the first ever registered domain name, has been reduced to an advertising space, because it's the first ever registered domain name. :(
Is nothing sacred anymore?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64595 on: August 08, 2013, 08:47:50 am »

Having one of those mornings where I'm replaying every mistake I made in my life and wish that I could a) go back in time to change things, b) curl up and die quietly, c) kill myself out of pure shame, or d) keep trying to drink to forget. 

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64596 on: August 08, 2013, 09:56:36 am »

Quote from: Symbolics.com FAQ
Google gives weight to aged domains.  Having a link on and old domain name helps with your SEO efforts by giving you one more solid link.
Somehow, I find this even worse than companies just hoping that curious people will see their little bubble on the website.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #64597 on: August 08, 2013, 10:16:42 am »

Yeah, I can see Symbolics losing a lot of its search engine weight pretty soon.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #64598 on: August 08, 2013, 11:26:09 am »

Well, that money I put away is being gobbled up by unexpected expenses and other bullshit. Looks like it's time for a return visit to the Negative Dollars Zone, but I guess $1200 in unpredictable shit in a month will do that.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64599 on: August 08, 2013, 11:53:15 am »

Seems that our computer may be dying.  We didn't get this one very long ago, either.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64600 on: August 08, 2013, 11:54:03 am »

How long was not very long ago, and what's the symptoms?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64601 on: August 08, 2013, 11:55:39 am »

Eh... less than a year.

I don't even know, because apparently my dad is the one who thinks it's dying.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64602 on: August 08, 2013, 12:21:06 pm »

Well it's possible that any issues you father might be having could be easily fixed through the replacement of a part. But I guess maybe you're leaving him to sort it out then?

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #64603 on: August 08, 2013, 12:29:57 pm »

Eh... less than a year.

Its the victim of the "parents don't know how to internet" disease. Probably full o virus's.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #64604 on: August 08, 2013, 12:32:28 pm »

Eh... less than a year.

Its the victim of the "parents don't know how to internet" disease. Probably full o virus's.
Must be from all those vijia gaems Vector plays. Damnit Vector, give your father back his toolbars.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 4305 4306 [4307] 4308 4309 ... 8167