Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4304 4305 [4306] 4307 4308 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9426422 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #64575 on: August 07, 2013, 09:38:59 am »

Just read this article and remembered that software can actually be lost over time, unrecoverable. Sometime in my lifetime, games that I've played myself could be lost forever. Hell, if I live long enough, I might even be around when Bay12 itself finally ends.
Don't worry mate, Bay12 will never truly end.
28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, 12 seconds, that is when bay12 will end
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #64576 on: August 07, 2013, 09:44:11 am »

I just don't get out any because I work all the time.

Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #64577 on: August 07, 2013, 10:25:57 am »

Just read this article and remembered that software can actually be lost over time, unrecoverable. Sometime in my lifetime, games that I've played myself could be lost forever. Hell, if I live long enough, I might even be around when Bay12 itself finally ends.
Don't worry mate, Bay12 will never truly end.
28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, 12 seconds, that is when bay12 will end
So long as a single disciple of the Twelfth Bay lives, our teachings and our spirit will never die.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64578 on: August 07, 2013, 12:40:08 pm »

Just read this article and remembered that software can actually be lost over time, unrecoverable. Sometime in my lifetime, games that I've played myself could be lost forever.

Good article. Really good, actually. Thanks for sharing that! I'm all about cultural preservation.

Quote from: Benj Edwards
If you see strict DRM and copy protection that threatens the preservation of history, fight it: copy the work, keep it safe, and eventually share it so it never disappears. Some people may think ill of your archival efforts now, but they’re on the wrong side of history: no one living 500 years from now will judge your infringing deeds harshly when they can load up an ancient program and see it for themselves.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #64579 on: August 07, 2013, 02:58:17 pm »

The main reason I don't go outside all that much is because I live in California and I'm pale.  As a teacher, I spent at least half an hour at noon outside every single day (lunch duty...), but in general I try to save myself from sunburns and future wrinkles, etc.  I spend a little time outside every day, and that's all you need to synthesize your vitamin D anyhow.  Later I plan to move to a climate that's more overcast, so I can be outside more.

So yeah, it could be that, but the truth is that there's other issues in play.
The Canadian province north of you is fuckrainy most of the year yet sunnyish in summer. Best of both worlds. 
*only works by the ocean
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #64580 on: August 07, 2013, 04:41:41 pm »

I've got a lazy notion about Alaska myself once I'm free from home and education, but whether or not they'll need a net security guy anywhere up there is beyond me. It's just not snowy enough or cold enough 'round these parts!

don't forget the mosquitoes. Alaska's got that base covered too.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #64581 on: August 07, 2013, 04:54:28 pm »

I've got a lazy notion about Alaska myself once I'm free from home and education, but whether or not they'll need a net security guy anywhere up there is beyond me. It's just not snowy enough or cold enough 'round these parts!

"Relatively Nonlethal", meaning they'd suck you dry if you weren't wearing five layers of clothes, a battle tank and a nuclear bunker for protection.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64582 on: August 07, 2013, 04:54:37 pm »

oh jeez abort abort abort abort siberia looks pretty good right now

all tundra is like that bro

just give up

or get a bigger swatter

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64583 on: August 07, 2013, 05:05:10 pm »

maybe someday, seeing that while they're everywhere and have been there for a while they don't really occupy a niche that's absurdly vital

a few dozen(?) fish species would have to change their food source to survive but otherwise you're in the clear, overall if they were gone the ecosystem would hiccup and move on

it's the methods that we'd have to use to remove them that would equal a collapse of the whole structure because i do not see one that does not involve ludicrous amounts of toxins which will work in less than a century or two

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #64584 on: August 07, 2013, 07:00:24 pm »

oh jeez abort abort abort abort siberia looks pretty good right now

It probably isn't that bad. It varies from year to year depending on weather and variables like that, so if you were to live there just stay inside with a full hazmat suit while it's an especially bad skeeter season. Also bring lots of bug spray.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #64585 on: August 07, 2013, 07:07:40 pm »

If I ever see a mosquito swarm firsthand, I'm just going to curl up and die. Hopefully I'll start decaying fast enough that the mosquitoes get poisoned by my rotten blood.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64586 on: August 07, 2013, 07:17:27 pm »

Swarm of bees or swarm of mosquitos?

Your choice.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64587 on: August 07, 2013, 07:24:29 pm »

I finally came up with an essay topic (for college apps) that I was excited about and happy to finally have something that would be a good topic (I've been grasping at straws thinking the last few days), but after sending it to my mother and asking me what she thought, as like a brain-storming opinion type thing, and was basically told that it'll be impossible enough to make it unique enough for the competitive colleges to like me, and that tons of other kids have moved across the country, ect. (aka a nice way of saying "It's crap!"). I'm just sick of this whole process, people obsessing over every detail, settling for nothing less then above perfect. My mother really stresses me out whenever I speak to her. She's helpful and all, but stressful as heck, too. I just want to curl up in a ball some days and shut down my brain, you know? It's just a good thing that I can only communicate with her over the internet right now, because then I can put smiley emoticons on my messages like I'm not upset at all. Also, I'm sad because I spend the Summer across the country from where all my friends and stuff are, so I share my sad feelings on internet forums, I guess?

Your choice.

Can't we have something a bit nicer? How about a swarm of cookie dough or something?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 07:27:18 pm by quinnr »
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64588 on: August 07, 2013, 07:25:06 pm »

Swarm of Beesquitos.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #64589 on: August 07, 2013, 07:25:34 pm »

Your choice.
... depends on the bee. Because I think at least some bee swarms would just flap around and mostly leave you alone if you stayed very, very still.

Mosquitoes, less so. Unless it's all male, I guess. Or made of these cool dudes.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 4304 4305 [4306] 4307 4308 ... 8167