Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4303 4304 [4305] 4306 4307 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9427937 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #64560 on: August 06, 2013, 04:26:27 pm »

Yeah, I'm going to start up yoga again soon.  That's helped a lot in the past.

Eh... I think that a lot of it is that any "project time" I have has to be devoted to job apps.  And I'm spending too much time on the computer.  My job and its long commute made me pretty happy, to be honest.  Four hours a day reading, eight hours teaching, two hours watching or reading or playing or making more work materials.

Dunno.  I suspect I've been spending too much time on the computer for comfort.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64561 on: August 06, 2013, 06:04:33 pm »

Nah.  My relationship with my father is making me gut-numbingly depressed and I need to move out of here.  That's the problem.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64562 on: August 06, 2013, 06:48:06 pm »

Maybe take yourself out of the computer/house situation for a while, and take a walk outside? I was having a craptacular day between move out stress, roommate stress, and family stress. I decided to walk around for a few hours, wandered through a neighborhood I didn't even know existed, got caught out in the rain for a while and hid under a few big trees, and came back feeling a little better.

Then I made a list of all my upcoming challenges, prioritized and sorted them in the order I need to tackle them in, and now I feel much better.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 06:50:46 pm by Solifuge »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64563 on: August 06, 2013, 06:56:23 pm »

Hmm... I laid out on the concrete in the sun crunching an apple, and then I decided to send all the DVDs I checked out of the library back until later (since I wasn't enjoying them anymore, just going through the motions and if I'm going to do something for completionism it should really be books), sent some crucial emails, and am finishing my portfolio preparations (it's rather less than polished, which I feel sort of bad about, but I've learned something about recording the process for next time and making sure that all the class activities we do have explicit directions written down).  Then I'm going to build my chronological resume, add a voicemail message to my phone, and apply to a few more jobs.

I do feel slightly better, to be honest.  I'm not enjoying this phase of my life, though.

SailFlame

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Meh, needs more unicorns...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64564 on: August 06, 2013, 10:01:19 pm »

Just listening to Breathe Me by Sia made me sad.

It reminded me when I had depression and cut. God, it was stupid of me to do that... And I thought I had no other option but to do that, which ended up being completely false.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #64565 on: August 06, 2013, 10:15:47 pm »

Just listening to Breathe Me by Sia made me sad.

It reminded me when I had depression and cut. God, it was stupid of me to do that... And I thought I had no other option but to do that, which ended up being completely false.
Don't do that. *hugs*

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #64566 on: August 07, 2013, 02:09:28 am »

Why can't I use a metal gardening trowel on the beach? :<

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64567 on: August 07, 2013, 02:43:06 am »

Why can't I use a metal gardening trowel on the beach? :<
Because we live in a civilization, dammit!
If we start using our gardening trowels on the beach and our toy beach spades on our gardens, why, we may as well just abolish the government and go back into the trees, like the primates we clearly are!
And also because annoying and arbitrary rules, I guess. But my first reason was far more amusing.

Edit - Oh yeah, actual sad.
Spent a good 3 hours laying down, trying(and failing) to get to sleep. Particularly annoying as sleeping would make this cold-ish thing I've picked up far more bearable. >.>
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 02:52:25 am by SomeStupidGuy »
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #64568 on: August 07, 2013, 03:19:58 am »

Doing resumes online always starts out as a great way to make myself feel better...

...Up until I realize that I wouldn't even hire myself for most of the jobs I qualify for.

Sigh...
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64569 on: August 07, 2013, 03:22:01 am »

Hmm... I laid out on the concrete in the sun crunching an apple, and then I decided to send all the DVDs I checked out of the library back until later (since I wasn't enjoying them anymore, just going through the motions and if I'm going to do something for completionism it should really be books), sent some crucial emails, and am finishing my portfolio preparations (it's rather less than polished, which I feel sort of bad about, but I've learned something about recording the process for next time and making sure that all the class activities we do have explicit directions written down).  Then I'm going to build my chronological resume, add a voicemail message to my phone, and apply to a few more jobs.

I do feel slightly better, to be honest.  I'm not enjoying this phase of my life, though.
The sunbathing might have contributed to making you feel a bit better. Do you get much sunshine normally, or are you mostly indoors?
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #64570 on: August 07, 2013, 04:09:10 am »

The sunbathing might have contributed to making you feel a bit better. Do you get much sunshine normally, or are you mostly indoors?
She's a teacher (is that right?), so probably not.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #64571 on: August 07, 2013, 04:44:15 am »

Just read this article and remembered that software can actually be lost over time, unrecoverable. Sometime in my lifetime, games that I've played myself could be lost forever. Hell, if I live long enough, I might even be around when Bay12 itself finally ends.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #64572 on: August 07, 2013, 06:27:58 am »

Just read this article and remembered that software can actually be lost over time, unrecoverable. Sometime in my lifetime, games that I've played myself could be lost forever. Hell, if I live long enough, I might even be around when Bay12 itself finally ends.
Don't worry mate, Bay12 will never truly end.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64573 on: August 07, 2013, 08:06:05 am »

Stopped working 2am this morning. It is now 6am and right back to work. Ugh.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64574 on: August 07, 2013, 09:12:33 am »

The main reason I don't go outside all that much is because I live in California and I'm pale.  As a teacher, I spent at least half an hour at noon outside every single day (lunch duty...), but in general I try to save myself from sunburns and future wrinkles, etc.  I spend a little time outside every day, and that's all you need to synthesize your vitamin D anyhow.  Later I plan to move to a climate that's more overcast, so I can be outside more.

So yeah, it could be that, but the truth is that there's other issues in play.

Pages: 1 ... 4303 4304 [4305] 4306 4307 ... 8167