Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4301 4302 [4303] 4304 4305 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9429782 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #64530 on: August 05, 2013, 11:00:41 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What game, may I ask?

The game is called "Splashfighters". It's a 3D action fighting game.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64531 on: August 05, 2013, 08:58:06 pm »

Stupid social anxiety.

So I didn't sleep last night, and decided to actually leave my house for a brief outing this morning, you know, go spend some money just for something to do. I did that, I went and bought a zippo lighter for no reason other than to have one nefarious purposes, and then since I got paid today I went on and picked up Battlefield 3.

The problem is the sheer, mindless anxiety I get hit by walking into town.
I've given up even trying to think up valid reasons for it. Obviously getting next-to-no sleep lately doesn't help, but that shouldn't make me completely freak out just having to walk down a semi-crowded street. :(
I even saw a couple of people I know, and thought "Oh hey, I should say hi to them on the way back," but of course I'd never actually have the nerve to do that. Heck, it took me hours just to work up the courage to go out in the first place. ::) At least I did leave my house for once- probably the first time in a week, apart from taking the bins out/walking the dog.

@DarkDXZ: I know you asked for "no more words", but still I want to say my deepest sympathies are with you.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #64532 on: August 05, 2013, 09:39:37 pm »

DarkDXZ...

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64533 on: August 05, 2013, 09:50:39 pm »

I'm pretty sure people only hear what they want to hear. It's probably my fault for trying to be semi-subtle, though. Meh.

Also, I spent a half hour of my time collecting information so that people can do a background check on me. I don't know how I feel about this. Weird.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64534 on: August 05, 2013, 10:01:28 pm »

I really was not sure if this was the thread for this, but the rage thread did not really fit ether. At anyrate.

FUCK. My thumb is infected or some shit, or rather has been infected for several days, but now it is getting worse. The thing is red and swollen and no longer hurts just when I bump it against something but rather all the time now. I'm really not sure what to do with it. I was thinking maybe some antibiotics cream but I am not sure how that would actually get to the infection since it is like inside the thumb. Maybe some like. What's that. Stuff. It's been so long but it came in a scary brown bottle and you mixed it in water or poured it on and it hurt like a bitch? Maybe that stuff.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #64535 on: August 05, 2013, 10:02:58 pm »

Go consult someone?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #64536 on: August 05, 2013, 10:07:35 pm »

As in right the fuck now.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #64537 on: August 05, 2013, 10:08:22 pm »

As in right the fuck now.
No seriously why are you reading this go to a hospital or something
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64538 on: August 05, 2013, 10:16:34 pm »

FUCK. My thumb is infected or some shit, or rather has been infected for several days, but now it is getting worse. The thing is red and swollen and no longer hurts just when I bump it against something but rather all the time now. I'm really not sure what to do with it. I was thinking maybe some antibiotics cream but I am not sure how that would actually get to the infection since it is like inside the thumb. Maybe some like. What's that. Stuff. It's been so long but it came in a scary brown bottle and you mixed it in water or poured it on and it hurt like a bitch? Maybe that stuff.

It's called hydrogen peroxide, but they demonstrated that it usually does more bad than good.

And yeah, I'd probably go in, I guess, if you're that worried about it.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64539 on: August 05, 2013, 10:19:51 pm »

It's called hydrogen peroxide, but they demonstrated that it usually does more bad than good.

That's a disheartening thing to read right after I treat it with that.

I'm not super worried. I just need to clear up in the next few days because it is hard to type like this.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64540 on: August 05, 2013, 10:25:18 pm »

See, it kills off the bacteria, but it also kills off the young healthy cells that are growing in there to heal the wound (or so I hear, I am not a doctor).  I wouldn't worry too much I guess because I get one of those thumb infections once a year, but again your mileage may vary.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #64541 on: August 05, 2013, 10:30:29 pm »

Well I'm no doctor or anything close to that, but if it started with an open wound and then got swollen, for sure you need to consult. If you twisted it or hit it or something without skin break then it's probably going to be okay, but you should still see someone in case there is a bone fragment or something important got damaged. Some wounds can take a very long time to heal naturally if at all. 

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64542 on: August 05, 2013, 10:42:42 pm »

Is it just an ingrown nail?

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64543 on: August 06, 2013, 09:00:54 am »

Events this week:

Stubbed my toe with a stupid door. It was bleeding, but it was a few days ago, so all that remains is a congealed spot of blood that is kind of painful.

Flubbed my Natural Sciences Midterm Exam.

Have to write my dreams down for psychology. But I feel I won't be getting any sleep.

Still have to finish a stupid written report.

And write down a resume with 3 genuine referrals from people who I care about and am somewhat considering on giving their addresses.

This has not been a good week. And I cant even be here for long :/
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64544 on: August 06, 2013, 01:42:27 pm »

Hydrogen Peroxide is not all bad, and not all good. It's a destructive antiseptic, and in over-the-counter concentrations it can reduce the number of bacteria in a wound and help sterilize it. However, it's a strong oxidizer. It hurts like hell because it is literally dissolving your tissues, which also promotes scarring and slows tissue repair. On the flip-side again, this does have the benefit of destroying damaged and necrotic tissues that have become bacteria food, and helping to remove debris from a wound, which aids in healing. It's a mixed bag, but it's still my preference for cleaning up dirty, ragged, or old and thoroughly infected wounds.

For fresh wounds, you're probably better off flushing with Saline Solution. Boiled saltwater, basically. It's cheep, accessible, and has similar sterilizing effects, but doesn't cause as much damage (our tissues are pretty good at regulating salt, so they aren't damaged as much as many bacteria are by it). It's also good for internal wounds, like cuts in the mouth, throat infections, etc. Especially since ingesting Hydrogen Peroxide is generally a bad idea.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and if you have the option, you should probably get an antibiotic from the doctor if it's constantly in pain, unless you feel like synthesizing your own Penicillin. It's actually not unlikely that this is a broken bone, if there's no visible wound.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 01:58:40 pm by Solifuge »
Pages: 1 ... 4301 4302 [4303] 4304 4305 ... 8167