Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4299 4300 [4301] 4302 4303 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9429610 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #64500 on: August 03, 2013, 03:54:04 pm »

So the relationship with my parents can now be explained very easily: "Are you studying? Why aren't you studying? Go study! You should study more!"

Despite the fact that the exams are a month away from now and that I've tried to get in atleast a couple of hours of studying every day and that I know most of the stuff from before. It's never enough for them, it seems that the only way to please them would be to simply glue the damn books to my glasses and spend the entire summer in a vegetative state, absorbing shit I'll possibly never need :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #64501 on: August 03, 2013, 04:28:34 pm »

I think it's something to do with the sulfuric compounds that are responsible for garlic's smell.

Allyl sulfides are the compounds. But, @GO - you eat the garlic THEN drink the milk, not the other way round.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64502 on: August 03, 2013, 05:53:10 pm »

Man, I was thinking about going to see this comedy act with Dave Coulier. But the only reason I was even considering it was because I'm so lonely and I wanted something to do to get me out there. But I don't even know the guy, and the price for it ranges from 30-50 bucks, and it's starting in a little bit and I don't know if I should actually go.

Should I go? I don't know. I want someone to help me here.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #64503 on: August 03, 2013, 05:58:47 pm »

If you don't go, are you going to sit at home wallowing in sadness instead?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64504 on: August 03, 2013, 06:26:01 pm »

Yeah, but spending 30 bucks on even something I legitimately want and enjoy is painful to my money gland. I feel so guilty when I spend money on superficial shit for superficial reasons. Even watching Pacific Rim, even as I was enjoying it in the theater, I have this nagging feeling in the back of my heart that refuses to be ignored that's always reminding me of how much of a lonely prick I am, and how I'm just watching it by myself cause I'm so stubborn and stupid, and it just ruins the entire thing for me. I don't know how other people do it, I just want to curl up into a hole and die.

Fuck it, I'm not going. I'm not even dressed or washed or anything. Maybe there's some other thing I can go to, some other day.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64505 on: August 03, 2013, 06:30:27 pm »

Yeah, but spending 30 bucks on even something I legitimately want and enjoy is painful to my money gland. I feel so guilty when I spend money on superficial shit for superficial reasons. Even watching Pacific Rim, even as I was enjoying it in the theater, I have this nagging feeling in the back of my heart that refuses to be ignored that's always reminding me of how much of a lonely prick I am, and how I'm just watching it by myself cause I'm so stubborn and stupid, and it just ruins the entire thing for me. I don't know how other people do it, I just want to curl up into a hole and die.

Fuck it, I'm not going. I'm not even dressed or washed or anything. Maybe there's some other thing I can go to, some other day.

professional tip: even if you're not going anywhere, dress and wash yourself

even when you do nothing you'll feel like you accomplished something

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #64506 on: August 03, 2013, 06:34:50 pm »

But what's the point? Nobody is around other than your nagging mom, you aren't going out, and you don't have anything that needs doing urgently. Why go through all the trouble for nothing?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #64507 on: August 03, 2013, 06:40:41 pm »

But what's the point? Nobody is around other than your nagging mom, you aren't going out, and you don't have anything that needs doing urgently. Why go through all the trouble for nothing?
It's supposed to make you feel slick and jive and hip.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64508 on: August 03, 2013, 06:40:48 pm »

at this point of life you should have already learned that you can never see the point because the shit you do never matches up with the big picture unless it's a direct consequence (good luck with that). goddamnit, japa.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #64509 on: August 03, 2013, 06:48:11 pm »

Because it just feels good to be clean, and as a result you are more likely to find yourself in a better, more motivated mood.  This increases the likelihood that you'll pursue opportunities or otherwise engage in behaviors capable of expanding your sense of self-worth.  It's neglecting the little things that makes the big things so much harder than they should be.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #64510 on: August 03, 2013, 07:03:40 pm »

Why go through all the trouble spend the money for nothing?
Closer to my thought process :-\

S'like... if I'm going out regularly (school, work, whatever), I bath regularly, usually daily. Same for if there's non-close-family people around. If I'm not, if there's not... I'm not. Couple times a week, sometimes more depending on what I'm doing. Just, whenever I start leaning toward icky. Water, cleaning supplies, costs money. Money that could be food, instead. Or something else important, once hygiene is sufficiently addressed.

S'actually a kinda' weird thing, honestly. It's like... I know I should try to be cost efficient about this stuff, keep excesses as limited as possible. Resource efficiency is proper ethical behavior. Resource inefficiency... isn't. Is, in fact, immoral, when there's any other option. But there's so many pressures from other angles -- society, family, sometimes comfort or pleasure -- trying to push toward that sort of thing. Even without that, it kinda'... chafes. I'd absolutely adore having hour long baths every day, or even just showers on off days. But... shouldn't. Unneeded, waste. Want bath, yes. Need bath... no. Bleh. Cognitive dissonance, oi.

Anyway. Clean feeling lasts a few days for me, usually, anyway, s'long as nothing intercedes. Like machine grease or sweat or whatev'. So when left to own devices, bathing is like eating. Eat when hungry, bath when feel unclean. Other people getting involved makes things more complicated.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #64511 on: August 03, 2013, 07:17:14 pm »

I need a shower every day or I feel like a grease monster.  Actually, I need a shower every time I sleep.  Even after a two hour nap, I feel like my body produces as much grease as it would have through 16 hours awake.  If I'm just lounging about playing video games or something, that's ok.  But I'll feel too gross to do anything else unless I shower.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #64512 on: August 03, 2013, 09:03:14 pm »

Because if you treat yourself like shit then you'll feel like shit and no one (hopefully) would want to feel like shit. It only makes you feel worse. Talking from self-experience here.

Why go through all the trouble for nothing?

Why do nothing when you can do something? It's at least slightly better than the alternative.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64513 on: August 03, 2013, 11:39:02 pm »

So the relationship with my parents can now be explained very easily: "Are you studying? Why aren't you studying? Go study! You should study more!"

Despite the fact that the exams are a month away from now and that I've tried to get in atleast a couple of hours of studying every day and that I know most of the stuff from before. It's never enough for them, it seems that the only way to please them would be to simply glue the damn books to my glasses and spend the entire summer in a vegetative state, absorbing shit I'll possibly never need :I

I think there's something to be said for resting your mind. I know that when I'm pressured into studying more than an hour or two a day, I feel like I've actually still processed just the same amount of information, because eventually your mind just goes blargh.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64514 on: August 04, 2013, 12:04:36 am »

My father passed away in the hospital.

...No more words, please...
Pages: 1 ... 4299 4300 [4301] 4302 4303 ... 8167