Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4281 4282 [4283] 4284 4285 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9437930 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #64230 on: July 27, 2013, 12:45:25 pm »

It was cancelled because the bats liked hanging around aircraft hangars or something, so during some tests they burned down a few buildings and the entire thing was canned.

Anyways, sad/ragey stuff.

Back home from college, have a few weeks of a break before going back. It took my mother two days before she started commenting on how I spend my time playing games and not doing anything, then snide remarks about the reasons for me failling started coming. It wasn't long before I was seething with rage but I'm kind of incapable of confronting her so it turns into despair because this shit will continue for weeks regardless of what I do, silly me for thinking I'd actually be able to relax and unwind for a bit before going back to the mind grinding studying I have to do.

This is bit more ragey now but other certain comments have been made by my parents recently. Mainly about how I don't study and if I plan on continuing the way I am now that I should probably drop out entirely and stop wasting time. And this comes two months after they have managed to break my will and the self esteem I've built up over the past months and convince me that I shouldn't drop out to try and pursue an artistic career because there's no money in that.

Fuck all that stuff anyways, going to get drunk tonight and not give a shit because that seems to be the only way to get rid of negativity bubbling up inside me.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64231 on: July 27, 2013, 02:06:25 pm »

It was cancelled because the bats liked hanging around aircraft hangars or something, so during some tests they burned down a few buildings and the entire thing was canned.
That happened, which was sort of a good thing because burning down aircraft hangars was something they wanted to do. The reason it was cancelled was because it was costing too much and taking too long. Plus by that point the atomic bomb was shaping up to be the weapon they were looking for that would put an end to the war.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64232 on: July 27, 2013, 04:40:04 pm »

News site politics sections. They really need to disable the comment threads there, it's just ridiculous. For example, one article is about how the Pentagon has a list of forces we are a war with including Al Qaeda, the Taliban, and a classified list of their "associated forces". They gave a pretty good reason for keeping that list classified (it would give those groups credibility and fame, and therefore power), but if you scroll down the comment thread all you see is a bunch of "OBAMA IS EEEEVIILLLL" and "OUR COUNTRIES CLASSIFIED ENEMIES...ARE US!". Seriously people, you need to calm the heck down. Obama is not the anti-Christ, no matter how much you may tell yourself that.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64233 on: July 27, 2013, 05:18:16 pm »

Nah, he's just kind of a tool.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #64234 on: July 27, 2013, 05:44:14 pm »

Agreed, Descan. A tool for the islamist jew communist nazis!
Love, scriver~

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #64235 on: July 27, 2013, 05:46:58 pm »

Nah, he's just kind of a tool.
Broad generalizations like that are kind of pointless in my opinion.  I'm sure anyone could point out negative aspects about any president or just any person who they are sufficiently informed about.  Generally I think it's better to try and keep in mind both the things you do like and the things you don't like about a person.  I try and look at the whole picture and not put people into generalizations like "tool" or "great guy" because doing that really can't account for the entirety of their character and it's often times somewhat slanted by individual feelings or opinions as opposed to actual character.

Don't confuse that for a politics speech, it's just how I feel about general classifications like that.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64236 on: July 27, 2013, 06:36:14 pm »

I still think he's a jerk.

I'm Canadian, though.
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #64237 on: July 27, 2013, 06:40:18 pm »

I still think he's a jerk.

I'm Canadian, though.
No you're not. You didn't apologize.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #64238 on: July 27, 2013, 08:14:03 pm »

Seems I'm a magnet for bad dates.... Not happy. No second date.

Restaurant, I ordered the salad, ate cheaply, etc. Try to be a good date, listened to what he had to say, which seemingly was all about cars and how he loves them. That's fine. Having a passion is great, but I don't understand anything about the stuff he likes so I really can't add to the conversation. Fine though, I can deal with that.

He wanted to take me to see a movie, and I'm ok with that. Problem? He starts driving and puts his hand on my thigh....  :o  :(. I'm a little scared and sad and not happy and in his car at this time, so.... It isn't as if I can really do a whole lot, except gently put his hand off my thigh.... Uncomfortable situation....

I basically just faked a headache and asked to be taken back to my car.... I'm better than that. I never go anywhere without a backup plan, but I liked him, was alone, and I got lazy/contented. Not that kinda girl; not happy about this. Do not wanna go on any dates for a while.

Edit: He made a point of calling me a freak and a bitch. :(
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 08:37:16 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64239 on: July 27, 2013, 08:26:05 pm »

* Descan hugs Truean and also keeps his hands off her.

They happen. If it helps, I'd be a perfect gentleman on a date. Mostly because I'm not that interested in the wimminz.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #64240 on: July 27, 2013, 08:48:40 pm »

MIND HUG

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64241 on: July 27, 2013, 08:50:42 pm »

Edit: He made a point of calling me a freak and a bitch. :(

Wow, fuck that shithead.

[hugs]
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64242 on: July 27, 2013, 08:51:28 pm »

MIND HUG
No, Xantalos, don't even think about it.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #64243 on: July 27, 2013, 09:15:20 pm »

[blush] ... [hug]

Thanks guys. I just feel rather stupid about the whole thing.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #64244 on: July 27, 2013, 09:27:43 pm »

You have nothing to to feel dumb over, Truean, it was completely that guy being an arse. And to then have the gall to be indignant over you wanting out of there... Pure idiot, that guy.

* scriver adds his mind to the psionic made-hug
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 4281 4282 [4283] 4284 4285 ... 8167