Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4274 4275 [4276] 4277 4278 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9434679 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #64125 on: July 24, 2013, 01:05:08 pm »

Well Microsoft isn't so much "listening" as much as they are actually being forced to listen.

The sheer amount of DRM on my Laptop actually prevents me from even leaving my laptop without a password... a password that I do not even need.

If anyone steals my laptop there is nothing I can do anyway.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #64126 on: July 24, 2013, 01:09:18 pm »

Family consultation has revealed I may be experiencing my first ever genuine sinus headache.

This is goddamn excruciating. Maybe around forth or fifth on my list of painful experiences, which includes surgery (convalescence would be second) and kidney stones (numero uno).

Still. Bright side of excruciating pain, sinus headache may mean it's not my teeth imploding, and would probably explain why one of my eyes have been incredibly bloodshot. That's somewhat comforting, since alternative explanations might be worse.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #64127 on: July 24, 2013, 01:25:29 pm »

Family consultation has revealed I may be experiencing my first ever genuine sinus headache.

This is goddamn excruciating. Maybe around forth or fifth on my list of painful experiences, which includes surgery (convalescence would be second) and kidney stones (numero uno).

Still. Bright side of excruciating pain, sinus headache may mean it's not my teeth imploding, and would probably explain why one of my eyes have been incredibly bloodshot. That's somewhat comforting, since alternative explanations might be worse.

Yea. I know this feel. Had it for 5+ years of my life. towards the end my skull was cracking from the pressure. Fortunately surgery helped a lot. Its why I hate doctors.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64128 on: July 24, 2013, 01:30:29 pm »

towards the end my skull was cracking from the pressure.

Wait, literally?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #64129 on: July 24, 2013, 01:33:33 pm »

Woke up extremely tired this morning (slept very poorly the last couple of nights) and nearly fell down the stairs. Decided I was in no shape to go to work and called off. Turns out that I miscalculated my vacation time, and was 6 minutes short of enough to take the day off. I should have enough grace time to cover it, but that will cost me several days pay, and I'm not 100% certain that I do have that buffer, so I may lose my job.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64130 on: July 24, 2013, 01:36:29 pm »

towards the end my skull was cracking from the pressure.

Wait, literally?
Yes. Literally. I had dozens of polyps sealing my sinuses shut. 5+ years of infection, undiagnosed. one of my sinuses blew out into the other one. had I continued to go undiagnosed for another year or two, and it could have turned fatal if it leaked into my brain.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64131 on: July 24, 2013, 01:43:52 pm »

a polyp is a bulbous growth of tissue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nasal_polyp

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64132 on: July 24, 2013, 03:02:00 pm »

I honestly would rather return the laptop and use my old falling apart one over using the garbage windows 8 version...

Not going to... Since that would be the third gift I asked this person to return for me... in a row.

It all depends how well the preview works though. If it doesn't work well, then... I really have no reason to hang onto it.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 03:07:16 pm by Neonivek »

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #64133 on: July 24, 2013, 03:06:42 pm »

I honestly would rather return the laptop and use my old falling apart one over using the garbage windows 8 version...
couldn't you change operating systems?
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64134 on: July 24, 2013, 03:08:00 pm »

No, I really couldn't.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #64135 on: July 24, 2013, 03:09:57 pm »

So my Dad bought me a laptop...

But it uses Windows 8 so it is useless... but I am a bit afraid to ask him to return it.
Get the 8.1 preview. Lets you start to desktop and not worry about the start window anymore. Microsoft is apparently listening to people complain this time.

Note: My only actual knowledge of this topic comes from a Microsoft rep, so if it's not accurate, let me know so I can yell at him.
Windows 8.1 is a sham, You can already set Windows 8 to boot to desktop and that start menu button they added just goes back to the metro screen.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64136 on: July 24, 2013, 03:12:17 pm »

No.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64137 on: July 24, 2013, 03:14:08 pm »

So my Dad bought me a laptop...

But it uses Windows 8 so it is useless... but I am a bit afraid to ask him to return it.
Get the 8.1 preview. Lets you start to desktop and not worry about the start window anymore. Microsoft is apparently listening to people complain this time.

Note: My only actual knowledge of this topic comes from a Microsoft rep, so if it's not accurate, let me know so I can yell at him.
Windows 8.1 is a sham, You can already set Windows 8 to boot to desktop and that start menu button they added just goes back to the metro screen.
Wonderful. I get to have words with a dude.

Also, this final project is way harder than it should be.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64138 on: July 24, 2013, 03:14:52 pm »

Well then let me express my feelings.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Now I have the incredibly difficult time of needing to tell him that I am going to use my old laptop because it is BETTER then my new one.

Yes... My old laptop where you can no longer see the keys, that is falling apart, and that only has a battery life of 30 minutes at best...

Is far superior to this new, high end, laptop that actually comes with a graphics card.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64139 on: July 24, 2013, 03:21:16 pm »

Well then let me express my feelings.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Now I have the incredibly difficult time of needing to tell him that I am going to use my old laptop because it is BETTER then my new one.

Yes... My old laptop where you can no longer see the keys, that is falling apart, and that only has a battery life of 30 minutes at best...

Is far superior to this new, high end, laptop that actually comes with a graphics card.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
Sounds like it's time for Ubuntu to come to the rescue.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 4274 4275 [4276] 4277 4278 ... 8167