Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4269 4270 [4271] 4272 4273 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439508 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #64050 on: July 21, 2013, 08:27:56 am »

Last night i was sleeping so hard my armpits hurt.
I don't believe I've ever slept that hard.

Sleeping: I would sleep 18 hours a day if you let me. Reason being, my brain never actually falls asleep. Lucid dreamer and whatnot. I can go to bed, close my eyes, and think for 8 hours.

Falling asleep: Usually about 20 minutes.

Dreams/Nightmares: Dreams yes, but I'm always in control. Nightmares? I used to have them, then they took a punch in the knee face.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64051 on: July 21, 2013, 08:48:21 am »

xantie-chaaaaaaaaaaaan
i learned things
not enough of them but too many also
i may or may not need your personal brain bleach supply, assuming you still keep that around (i know all about your fuckups when you made a human form next to yourself and then glanced over when switching and you just kept doing that like it was on purpose)

point is if i manage to turn myself blue and get on drugs i can do an accurate larp of slog from freeformschoolers warrens and IT FUCKING FIZZLES EVERYWHERE and i hardly have any idea how to make it stop but hey i am alive and probably mentally scarred for life so it's a zero sum game if you think this is a motherfucking game of course

it's times like these that i am glad i am doing this in the middle of fucking nowhere yet close enougn to civilization to be near a major broadcast array for the whole general area so i get delicious internet

also the fizzling appears to be fire but isn't hot? further research necessary

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64052 on: July 21, 2013, 08:49:55 am »

xantie-chaaaaaaaaaaaan
i learned things
i may or may not need your personal brain bleach supply, assuming you still keep that around (i know all about your fuckups when you made a human form next to yourself and then glanced over when switching and you just kept doing that like it was on purpose)

point is if i manage to turn myself blue and get on drugs i can do an accurate larp of slog from freeformschoolers warrens and IT FUCKING FIZZLES EVERYWHERE and i hardly have any idea how to make it stop but hey i am alive and probably mentally scarred for life so it's a zero sum game if you think this is a motherfucking game of course

it's times like these that i am glad i am doing this in the middle of fucking nowhere yet close enougn to civilization to be near a major broadcast array for the whole general area so i get delicious internet

Meth. Not even once.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64053 on: July 21, 2013, 09:08:51 am »

xantie-chaaaaaaaaaaaan
i learned things

Go home LordSlowpoke, you're drunk.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64054 on: July 21, 2013, 09:10:49 am »

xantie-chaaaaaaaaaaaan
i learned things

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 09:12:34 am by AlleeCat »

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #64055 on: July 21, 2013, 01:48:04 pm »

xantie-chaaaaaaaaaaaan
i learned things

Did anyone get you a drink?

Because they may have slipped something into it...

We'll have to call meth busters on him.
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #64056 on: July 21, 2013, 06:43:52 pm »

So I took Bioshock for a spin, and it's just... not fun. The overly elaborate fetch quests are too much so, and some of the mechanics encourage some really unfun and unintuitive strategies. I shouldn't be deliberately letting a big monster kill me over and over as I slowly ping away at its health because respawning and rushing it again is the best way to conserve resources. System Shock 2 was toeing the line here, but I felt they did a better job with the setting, atmosphere, and pacing, and the shift to steampunk from cyberpunk makes some of the set pieces completely unbelievable. As Yahtzee put it, "I wasn't aware that boiled water could form allegiances." And there's the fact that System Shock 2 wasn't clearly trying to be System Shock 2, which is a frustratingly vague criticism, I know, but a product that sets out specifically to ape a predecessor is almost always missing the sense of novelty that contributed to making that original thing good in the first place.

The gameplay isn't very engaging, the setting seems like it'd make for a better novel or movie than a game, and I'm just not feeling any kind of motivation to do anything. Maybe I'm just in a bad mood for some reason and that's responsible, but after everything I'd heard about the game it's kind of a letdown.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64057 on: July 21, 2013, 06:45:51 pm »

If you want someone who thinks similarly my bro didn't like bioshock either.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64058 on: July 21, 2013, 06:49:20 pm »

Much like System Shock 2, to make the game fun you need to place a few rules on yourself.

Rule 1: No using revive chambers
Rule 2: No killing big daddies in the same way twice
Rule 3: If you start finding yourself relying on a particular weapon or tactic too much, stop using it.

The game is honestly like super easy, and these things made it much more fun (in my experience) without actually managing to add much to the challenge level. Somehow.

I recently just beat System Shock 2 as well, still kept the first rule but I didn't need either of the other two which was nice.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #64059 on: July 21, 2013, 07:03:31 pm »

It's probably true that not intentionally using the revive chambers would help, but I'd prefer it if they didn't just switch on whenever I walked by. It's not even the difficulty (one way or the other), though. I've played for several hours and it doesn't seem like I've accomplished anything, and I don't know why I'm supposed to care about any of the characters. There's nothing interesting to explore, and while the diary tapes are a solid enough medium, I can't help but feel I've already heard the exact same story they're telling.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64060 on: July 21, 2013, 07:07:55 pm »

That's a good point.

Try playing late at night and caffeinated?  I found that that helped a lot.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #64061 on: July 21, 2013, 07:35:52 pm »

True, playing in broad daylight while feeling bored and tired probably isn't the wisest strategy. Being in a better mood will likely help.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #64062 on: July 22, 2013, 01:44:44 am »

xantie-chaaaaaaaaaaaan
i learned things

Oh dear. Er...you were experimenting in the drug fires weren't you? Hmm. Frizzle sounds like ... *muttering*
Sleep it off then follow the fifth dream you have. I think it'll work.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64063 on: July 22, 2013, 04:07:08 am »

I am currently hinging all of my hopes for the future on one thing that has a decent chance (the chance of which exactly is not known, which makes things even worse) of not working out at all, and it's really bad of me, since I don't want to be crushed in five months or so when things don't pan out. But I have a terrible habit of focusing on one thing and my mind not budging easily, so yeah. All I can really do at this point is sit here, listening to music, and ignoring the pit in my stomach. This makes me anxious. And sad.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64064 on: July 22, 2013, 12:36:27 pm »

I can't help but feel pointless and impotent, living each day wastefully in loneliness. I wonder if I could be so much more productive and actually accomplish stuff if I weren't constantly self-medicating in some way or another. My little bursts of productivity and inspiration are so short lived as to only remind me of how hard it is to think intensely on any topic,  because with that thought my mind inevitable wanders wanders to how desperately alone I am.

I've been trying to find the one shrink I saw a long time ago, but couldn't continue because I didn't have the money to pay him. I liked him, but now I just can't find him, and I can't remember the name of his office. Goddamnit.

And goddamnit, I'm simply not sure what it up with Steam. Now it seems that any Steam game I play has a habit of randomly derping and then there's intense runaway cpu usage, focing it to crash, and I'm simply not sure what's causing it. Considering a spent about 20$ on the steam sale, on games I probably can't play because of this issue, I'm a little frustrated.
Pages: 1 ... 4269 4270 [4271] 4272 4273 ... 8167