Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4266 4267 [4268] 4269 4270 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9441906 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #64005 on: July 20, 2013, 06:00:03 am »

Dig up the ground with shovel and then place bricks down.
Oh that sucks. Condolences and such.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64006 on: July 20, 2013, 06:37:41 am »

So, I'll only be on Bay12 for a very short time. Class is eating up my time, and my weekends are full of business-related research and business-themed college subject researching.

Also, Psychology class is trying its hardest to be difficult, and with me not being that smart, I find it rather worrying. :\
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64007 on: July 20, 2013, 06:49:16 am »

Looking for Onion jokes on twitter I searched the tag #GoodDead (one mentioned in a Dr Good video) and every single tweet was someone who is unable to spell the word 'deed'. Twitter is looking worse and worse the more I look at it.

EDIT: Alternatively, Twitter is full of serial killers who prey on the weak.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 06:53:37 am by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #64008 on: July 20, 2013, 06:52:46 am »

So, I'll only be on Bay12 for a very short time. Class is eating up my time, and my weekends are full of business-related research and business-themed college subject researching.

Also, Psychology class is trying its hardest to be difficult, and with me not being that smart, I find it rather worrying. :\
Good luck mate. I'm sure you'll pull through in the end. :)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #64009 on: July 20, 2013, 07:38:29 am »

Minor est, but first manual lawn mower test didn't go too well. It was as entertaining to use as I imagined (and as strenuous), but it didn't so much "mow" as "push down the plants and occasionally pull one up". Which is to say, somewhat ineffective.

I'unno. Might help if it had actual, like, blades, instead of rusty bars of metal. E: And maybe if it was a bit more... dry. It's kinda' damp out there, right now.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 07:44:24 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64010 on: July 20, 2013, 07:44:20 am »

Yup, gotta keep good and sharp, even more so than a motorized one.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #64011 on: July 20, 2013, 07:45:43 am »

Yeah, I'll have to see what I can do about it. The thing's... probably older than I am, and insofar as I'm aware has been sitting under a barn, mostly exposed to (Florida) weather, for, well, decades. It's probably a minor miracle of engineering the thing's as functional as it is.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64012 on: July 20, 2013, 08:12:46 am »

You want the blades at least as sharp as your kitchen knives. Get a whetstone if you can.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #64013 on: July 20, 2013, 08:18:09 am »

Friend is having a big birthday party tonight, gonna be atleast 20 people there. I'll know atleast half of them I think, and I'm still getting incredibly anxious about it.

Oh well, I can always get plastered to ease up the anxiety :S
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64014 on: July 20, 2013, 08:26:25 am »

I leave for Texas today. 0n0
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64015 on: July 20, 2013, 12:20:09 pm »

So we're certain now that my CPU is borked... and it's probably all my fault. Ugh.

I might be stuck using an old 2.2GHz processor for a while.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #64016 on: July 20, 2013, 02:43:27 pm »

The slightly creeping horror of realising the new Animal Crossing can act as a metaphor for those who have failed to become the superman. The existential horror faced by one that kills gods but doesn't seek to replace them with itself. Unable to grasp a rhyme or reason to exist that is not handed to them, with no narrative or purpose and no desire to craft one for themselves they can only derive meaning through latching onto any possible challenged placed before them, no matter the banality.

They take on debt, a sufficient torture such that work may seem attractive. Through simple work, simple purpose. But when the debt is cleared, and the fish collected, then the abyss is once again gazing. So, in terror, they seek more debt, more things to collect, more purpose.

Until none are left. The house is as large as it can become, the museum is full with the bones of the past, and the player is left with only the choices of abandoning the game, effectively choosing to die, or resigning themselves to repetition without purpose or meaning, nothing but a slower death.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 02:45:58 pm by MorleyDev »

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64017 on: July 20, 2013, 04:39:33 pm »

So we're certain now that my CPU is borked... and it's probably all my fault. Ugh.

I might be stuck using an old 2.2GHz processor for a while.
I know that feel. I lost my 2.6GHz computer a couple years ago to motherboard problems and had to go back to using my old 1.5GHz computer. It works and all but it has some problems with overheating that not even canned air can seem to fix.

What made me sad today though is that my younger brother lost his place and had to move back in with our mother. On the bright side though it looks like my mother should be able to eat a lot better now that my brother is there to support her again. It's a shame that he and I are estranged and that he is major part of why I have PTSD, but despite that I hope that he gets back on his feet soon.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64018 on: July 20, 2013, 05:56:56 pm »

Well, just failed my first university exam.
But I pretty much slept through half the semester, and had to cram all learning into the last week. Now I have to hope my doc excuses me from the next two exams, so I'll be cramming a whole semester into eight weeks instead of two. My main selling point: I'm still in a very good mood after failing that exam. Sometimes I love being bipolar :D
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64019 on: July 20, 2013, 07:45:25 pm »

I've been having nightmares again.  Feeling very restless.

Definitely need to go make some more friends.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 4266 4267 [4268] 4269 4270 ... 8167