Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4260 4261 [4262] 4263 4264 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9437284 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #63915 on: July 19, 2013, 08:15:44 pm »

The wording was something like the chances of a woman being here being "below average". I'm not entirely sure what that is trying to say. It could mean that the average Bay Watcher is male, which is true. On the other hand, he could be saying that Bay12 has a lower proportion of women than the internet in general.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #63916 on: July 19, 2013, 08:17:28 pm »

Please stop making !!science!! out of this. I say things and they are stupid and we get along.
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63917 on: July 19, 2013, 08:18:32 pm »

It's like a sitcom!
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #63918 on: July 19, 2013, 08:20:07 pm »

Yeah , when i think about it , it gets kind of bad because DF is a game which requires brain and if i say women shouldn't be here one might get things wrong.
(im not saying women shouldn't be here)
Go to sleep. Silly things happen to those who are sleep deprived. :P

But yes, saying that something such as people being people and comparing it with numbers..err, not a good way to word it.

Because we're people, y'know?

On the other hand, he could be saying that Bay12 has a lower proportion of women than the internet in general.
. . .
Um. Right.

It's true that the ratio of men:women are still different, but not true to say that we're 'below average' [unless you state basis]. :P

Please stop making !!science!! out of this. I say things and they are stupid and we get along.
So let's discuss something else, like the topic.

I'm sad that our physics theorems do not revolve around tennis.

Because darn are we missing a lot out of all that force and motion. We could get all our practicalities right there!

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #63919 on: July 19, 2013, 08:23:13 pm »

Tennis in space , which is physics-free environment , would be a bit more entertaining.

edit: desperately trying to fall asleep when i hear something banging on the window and what do you know , it's the sun rising!!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 08:25:57 pm by brainfreez »
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63920 on: July 19, 2013, 08:24:42 pm »

My arms hurt. My arms hurt due to exercise which is good, but at the moment i don't feel like doing much because it hurts to move my arms.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63921 on: July 19, 2013, 08:26:52 pm »

I'm feeling pretty grumpy and my job puts me through the wringer every day.  Sure, it's helping me develop a thicker skin, but on the other hand the students trying to bully me and mocking me behind my back is providing flashbacks to my own high school experience.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #63922 on: July 19, 2013, 08:29:18 pm »

I forgot this thread is about sad things.

The sun is rising. :(

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63923 on: July 19, 2013, 08:30:18 pm »

Tennis in space , which is physics-free environment , would be a bit more entertaining.

edit: desperately trying to fall asleep when i hear something banging on the window and what do you know , it's the sun rising!!
Sir, physics doesn't stop being a thing in space. I'm sorry that you have to hear this.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63924 on: July 19, 2013, 08:30:58 pm »

I forgot this thread is about sad things.

The sun is rising. :(
It could be worse, you could be a vampire. MEANWHILE IN AMERICA the sun is setting.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63925 on: July 19, 2013, 08:32:30 pm »

Oh God, the last few pages of this thread.

I don't even need to satirize anything. It satirized itself.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #63926 on: July 19, 2013, 08:32:57 pm »

I am sorry , but my sleep deprived mind just cannot handle the awsomness of space tennis.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63927 on: July 19, 2013, 08:35:14 pm »

I regret nothing we did or said.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63928 on: July 19, 2013, 08:35:36 pm »

Also my name is still misspelled in your sig and it saddens me.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #63929 on: July 19, 2013, 08:37:19 pm »

Well then you will be happy to hear that im here to stay.
Pages: 1 ... 4260 4261 [4262] 4263 4264 ... 8167