Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4256 4257 [4258] 4259 4260 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9432996 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #63855 on: July 19, 2013, 08:33:45 am »

Nah, they're probably making that comparison because of an incident a bit back where a couple people revealed that they had no idea that <3 was intended to be a heart and had instead thought all this time it was... some small other thing. Because <3 is kinda' that other ascii scribble missing some equal signs, et al.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #63856 on: July 19, 2013, 09:21:07 am »

To me <3 has always looked like a butt.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63857 on: July 19, 2013, 09:51:48 am »

It's a well-known fact that teenage girls spend an astonishing amount of time painting little butts anywhere they go... That's primate reproductive psychology for ya.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63858 on: July 19, 2013, 10:06:09 am »

That "heart" symbol people make with their hands is sign-language for female reproductive organs, after all.

...Although that might just be because deaf people are incredibly dirty minded, how would I know. :P Apparently the horns also means gay in sign language.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63859 on: July 19, 2013, 10:13:17 am »

Clearly we must replace the heart with superior internal organ symbols... hmmm...

0'0 maybe?

(_)~ perhaps?

'@, possibly...

*)(* maybe?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #63860 on: July 19, 2013, 10:13:50 am »

Somehow I thought that Descan would feature prominently in this discussion, I'm kinda dissappointed he isn't there :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63861 on: July 19, 2013, 10:35:57 am »

And apparently the motion indicating a poncho means Mexican, rubbing your hand on your nose to indicate a big-nose means Jewish, and stretching your eyelids means Asian.

Fucking deaf people and their racism.

Edit: Hi Haspen.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #63862 on: July 19, 2013, 10:52:57 am »

Actually, it's called stereotyping.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63863 on: July 19, 2013, 11:01:03 am »

And apparently the motion indicating a poncho means Mexican, rubbing your hand on your nose to indicate a big-nose means Jewish, and stretching your eyelids means Asian.

White (race) is just... weird... pull something out of your chest, splat it all over your face like a facehugger. Doesn't seem to rely on any stereotypes I can figure out though!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63864 on: July 19, 2013, 11:09:13 am »

We eat human hearts for entertainment.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63865 on: July 19, 2013, 11:30:43 am »

White (race) is just... weird... pull something out of your chest, splat it all over your face like a facehugger. Doesn't seem to rely on any stereotypes I can figure out though!
As a mnemonic, just think of bukkake.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63866 on: July 19, 2013, 01:12:49 pm »

I'm not sure if I've lost my shit or not.

There's some stuff that's happened that I'm simply too embarrassed to talk about, both because it's shameful and it's a long-ass story.

But I think the gist of it is that I've gone from elated, flying on cloud nine, to fucking psychotically angry at myself, to feeling so alone and miserable that the sensation is felt throughout my whole body like my soul is sick, and the sensation continues for hours until it's burnt a hole in my stomach, to wanting desperately to indulge in comfort eating, then fucking hating myself when I do, and now I'm trying to get sleep for my upcoming night at work but this miasma of shitty feelings is fucking up my head.

And it's all about this girl, where nothing fucking happened. Nothing at all.

Should I get some kind of fucking help? It feels like I have no friend or confidant in the world that can help me. It feels like this is another of those painful and lonely trials in life that I have to overcome by myself again, and I don't know if I won't just fucking destroy myself before it ends.

And it's all because I just made a stupid little fucking mistake! Just a tiny one, if I avoided it none of this would have happened. I hate myself.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #63867 on: July 19, 2013, 01:21:47 pm »

We eat human hearts for entertainment.

Day = made.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63868 on: July 19, 2013, 02:12:25 pm »

I'm not sure if I've lost my shit or not.

Talking to some sort of professional would be a good idea, I believe- even if they don't magically solve all your problems after a quick chat, it's always good to have someone to talk to, to put such problems in words etcetera.
Of course, that's not always possible; I don't know how easy it is to get a psychologist/whatever where you are, nor if it would cost a ridiculous amount of money. On top of that, maybe you wouldn't feel comfortable talking about it- it's always hard to talk about our problems.

You can always vent on here, of course, but we can't help you all that much. You don't have anyone you can talk to in person? Maybe a geographically-distant friend you could call up? I don't know you, or anything about you or your situation, so all the advice I can really offer is to talk to someone, be it a psychologist, some sort of counselor, a friend or even just some cliched wise-type person. :-/
Hope things sort themselves out somehow, anyway.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #63869 on: July 19, 2013, 03:29:35 pm »

Oh wow the heart debate has gone out of control.

Either you're all joking, horribly, or...ugh. >.>

Hello stereotypes, eh? Please stop.
Pages: 1 ... 4256 4257 [4258] 4259 4260 ... 8167