Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4254 4255 [4256] 4257 4258 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9431984 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #63825 on: July 18, 2013, 02:41:56 pm »

I hope you guys don't mind if I have a bit of a whine in here. :(

I'm just so terribly unhappy at the moment. Nothing's changed as such, but it's just hitting me really bad lately.
Haven't been able to sleep, stress (about how bad my current situation is, and about how hard it seems to actually improve it) had been keeping me awake, and when I do sleep it's at odd hours and I wake up feeling tired anyway.

I feel hungry, but I know eating will just make me feel worse. I should go outside and do stuff, but that just requires so much effort, and usually ends up being mentally exhausting anyway. I have literally no-one to talk to about this in person. The one friend I still have (my best friend, I guess) lives two states away, and I find prolonged telephone conversations unpleasant, both due to the fact that I have trouble understanding people over the phone due to hearing problems, and due to never really feeling comfortable enough to speak openly into a phone anyway, since (probably also due to hearing impairment) I'm always expecting to be overheard by people in the next room or whatever.

Last saturday was good fun, I believe I mentioned it on here somewhere- I went to a gig, got drunk, joked with people, and then caught a bus and crashed at my brother's place in the city. I was thinking of doing a similiar thing again this weekend, but I don't feel too comfortable with that idea anymore, either- said brother has suggested that I move in with him, pretty much a win-win situation since I would be living back in the city, and he would have someone to help with the rent, but then my mother has been looking to move house, and fully expects me and one or both of my brothers to come with her.
Ugggh, I doubt that paragraph made any sense whatsoever but whatever. Pisses me off just thinking about the whole thing. ::)

Part of me wants to just say "fuck it" to everything and move down to Melbourne, grab an apartment (at least until my friend finishes his course at uni and we can enact our plan of getting a kickass sharehouse with friends) and derp around down there, but then how sad is it if I have to ride along on my friend's coattails and can't form a social life of my own? I doubt that kinda solution would really improve my self-respect.

[/vent] Okay, that's it from me. I just had to get it out of my system because all this bullshit was keeping me awake. Maybe I'll go get myself some 2 minute noodles or something.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63826 on: July 18, 2013, 02:49:22 pm »

These FUCKING KITCHEN SPAMBOTS!

Christ! It's like trying to kill off cockroaches. For every one you kill, five more appear.

I know of one forum that just made it a requirement to check a box affirming whether or not you were human in order to post/make an account. I've never seen a spam bot there.

It's a simple solution and it's easy to work around once it's discovered, but that's assuming the creators care enough to notice.

I especially like the Nethack Wiki's solution to this, they have a Capatcha that simply asks you a really simple trivia question about the game in question, which works really well against the spambots.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #63827 on: July 18, 2013, 02:52:43 pm »

Christ! It's like trying to kill off cockroaches. For every one you kill, five more appear.

I know of one forum that just made it a requirement to check a box affirming whether or not you were human in order to post/make an account. I've never seen a spam bot there.

It's a simple solution and it's easy to work around once it's discovered, but that's assuming the creators care enough to notice.

I especially like the Nethack Wiki's solution to this, they have a Capatcha that simply asks you a really simple trivia question about the game in question, which works really well against the spambots.
But a good chunk of our population doesn't play DF.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #63828 on: July 18, 2013, 02:53:33 pm »

Eg 'what are the short hairy midgets in our game commonly referred to?'
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63829 on: July 18, 2013, 02:54:50 pm »

Eg 'what are the short hairy midgets in our game commonly referred to?'

Kobolds?

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63830 on: July 18, 2013, 02:55:03 pm »

DF? I'm talking Liberal Crime Squad here!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63831 on: July 18, 2013, 04:10:05 pm »

But the answer is always magma.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #63832 on: July 18, 2013, 04:12:53 pm »

Bee sting on the foot.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63833 on: July 18, 2013, 07:02:17 pm »

Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #63834 on: July 18, 2013, 09:08:48 pm »

Bee sting on the foot.
RIP in peace bee. What'd it ever do to you that it deserved foot? :<

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63835 on: July 18, 2013, 09:40:29 pm »

Bee sting on the foot.
RIP in peace bee. What'd it ever do to you that it deserved foot? :<
We don't know. All we know it THAT FOOT AUGHTA BE LOCKED-UP.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63836 on: July 18, 2013, 10:00:25 pm »

Just found out a friend had to put their adorable scottie dog down... :[

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63837 on: July 18, 2013, 11:20:55 pm »

A whole day wasted thanks to a malfunctioning trailer. Trying to drive it could result in a several-hundred dollar fine, so it has to stay in the shop being repaired. Can't get a new one because this one is already loaded.

Plus I've given up hope of seeing Pacific Rim in theaters. Four days in a row now, events keep conspiring to prevent me from reaching a cinema on time, if at all, so I'll just have to wait for DVD and miss the awesomeness of the full experience  :'(
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63838 on: July 19, 2013, 12:14:45 am »

I just got done watching Pacific Rim 3d in a theater. It was alotta fun, but I went to it by myself, quietly walked in and paid, shuffled to an empty aisle, and then just enjoyed 2~ solid hours of goddamn awesome mecha<3godzilla fucking.

Still walked out feeling so alone and miserable with my life that I feel sick to my stomach, but Pacific Rim was a definite superficial pat on the back, so to speak.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #63839 on: July 19, 2013, 12:18:37 am »

I just got done watching Pacific Rim 3d in a theater. It was alotta fun, but I went to it by myself, quietly walked in and paid, shuffled to an empty aisle, and then just enjoyed 2~ solid hours of goddamn awesome mecha<3godzilla fucking.

Still walked out feeling so alone and miserable with my life that I feel sick to my stomach, but Pacific Rim was a definite superficial pat on the back, so to speak.
I know this is missing the point, but knowing that <3 means penis, this:
awesome mecha<3godzilla fucking
Ohgodwhy
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 4254 4255 [4256] 4257 4258 ... 8167