Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4238 4239 [4240] 4241 4242 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9424123 times)

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #63585 on: July 11, 2013, 12:36:33 am »

The one person I have as a friend outside of the internet hasn't returned any of the phone calls I've made to him in the past week. This isn't like him at all because he usually returns my calls around this time of the night. I'm worried that either something has happened to him or that he doesn't want to be my friend anymore. He does have schizophrenia so it might be just some hospitalization issues, but I'm still really worried and depressed because of it.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #63586 on: July 11, 2013, 05:49:29 am »

So as I mentioned, I learned about how my employer is screwing over employee benefits this year.  To the point that many people will be losing thousands of dollars a year.

The thing that makes me sad is there's not as much anger directed at the company as there is directed at the government for passing "Obamacare".  The announcement mentioned how much money the legislation would cost the company if it kept supplying the same benefits, and it's about 2.5% of last year's annual profit.  Boo-fucking-hoo.  But I'm literally the only person who looked at it that way.  Some others seemed a bit frustrated with the company, but the majority of blame seemed to be leveled at the government.  And a couple people went on all-out "Why should I be losing money to support lazy poor people" tirades and suggested that we should all just quit our jobs and live off of welfare.  I so very much wanted to tell them to go ahead and do it, and then tell me in a couple years how much better off they are.  I decided to be classy and not provoke a full political conflict at work.  So fucking frustrating.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63587 on: July 11, 2013, 06:45:45 am »

I have some illness or other today, and it's gotten to the point where I'm rushing to the toilet only to throw up nothing but fluids.
This sucks.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63588 on: July 11, 2013, 06:47:43 am »

The source of that myth, simple: large corporations, like insurance companies.

Lawyers = the only chance you have of not being screwed every way possible.

Make lawyers go broke and look bad = getting rid of that part above....

Frankly, I can't even do this practically.

Hey don't you know? Our legal system clearly isn't an adversarial system.

It isn't like court needs a defense and Crown.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63589 on: July 11, 2013, 08:49:29 am »

So I'd just like to ask the advice of people here:

Some time ago, maybe five weeks or so, give or take, I stopped seeing this cute girl that I was getting into.

Our first and second dates were amazing. First ended with awesome making out in my car, second ended with passionate making out and embracing on a blanket in her back yard for maybe a good hour. It's something that's still vividly lingering in my mind, especially with how this was the most intensely romantic and sexually charged experience I've yet gotten to enjoy in my entire life.

I wanted to see her again really soon after that, but she postponed cause of migraines. From what she described to me, it really did a toll on her and I was really worried for like a week with how bad they were hitting her. Giving her time to recover, when we next set up a date it's maybe 2 weeks later.

She texts me, saying basically that she hasn't been completely honest with me, saying that she's struggling with emotional issues that trouble her almost every day, and she doesn't know if we should date, and she says she's having too sour a day to go out on our planned day. When I finally get to talk with her, at that point I'm honestly actually pretty irritated and I'm thinking I'll bounce back really easy, so I suggest we go our separate ways for a little bit, and she can call me back when she's sorted out some of her issues.

But I don't know what's up with me, I was thinking I'd go around and try to find a new girl, but I'm just filled with alot of anxiety and apprehension lately, and I'm not sure where to start anymore. I've been thinking about her alot, and I texted her once, just saying Hi, just to see if she'd text back (she didn't), and I'm not sure what to do. I was thinking of texting her to say that I've been thinking about her and I wanted to see her again, but I don't know... I feel just lonely and stupid, and I'm not sure if it'd be a foolish idea or not. I'm simply not sure.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63590 on: July 11, 2013, 09:24:01 am »

So as I mentioned, I learned about how my employer is screwing over employee benefits this year.  To the point that many people will be losing thousands of dollars a year.

The thing that makes me sad is there's not as much anger directed at the company as there is directed at the government for passing "Obamacare".  The announcement mentioned how much money the legislation would cost the company if it kept supplying the same benefits, and it's about 2.5% of last year's annual profit.  Boo-fucking-hoo.  But I'm literally the only person who looked at it that way.  Some others seemed a bit frustrated with the company, but the majority of blame seemed to be leveled at the government.  And a couple people went on all-out "Why should I be losing money to support lazy poor people" tirades and suggested that we should all just quit our jobs and live off of welfare.  I so very much wanted to tell them to go ahead and do it, and then tell me in a couple years how much better off they are.  I decided to be classy and not provoke a full political conflict at work.  So fucking frustrating.
Whenever I hear the 'Why should I support lazy poor people!?' argument, I instantly think of several things:
A) I bet you'd think otherwise were YOU the one that was poor
B) Most people AREN'T lazy. When you have a large number of unemployed people, you're unlikely to get a job. Most people are probably applying for them, and DON'T GET THEM!
C) Oppose it now, you have no right to complain should you lose your job and snap your leg.
My mum's like that and it really upsets me, because up until I was around 9 years old, she herself claimed some tax credits and such. But now she says that she wants to support the conservatives because "everyone just votes for what's in their personal interests".
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63591 on: July 11, 2013, 02:27:44 pm »

i know too little about the world to say i understand it but too much to say that i do

on a less meta note i have a project drawn out that i want to make but i have no fucking idea how to even start (from a technical standpoint) and i know it's only going to get worse when i do but at least it's nice to daydream about how awesome it will be when done

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63592 on: July 11, 2013, 03:15:06 pm »

I just found out that one of my co-workers is leaving.  He handles a lot of the tedious data entry stuff, which means all that tedious stuff is probably going to be my job until we find and train someone to do it.  :(
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63593 on: July 11, 2013, 03:53:42 pm »

Are you SalmonGod's co-worker? :P
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #63594 on: July 11, 2013, 04:25:30 pm »

So I'd just like to ask the advice of people here:

Some time ago, maybe five weeks or so, give or take, I stopped seeing this cute girl that I was getting into.

Our first and second dates were amazing. First ended with awesome making out in my car, second ended with passionate making out and embracing on a blanket in her back yard for maybe a good hour. It's something that's still vividly lingering in my mind, especially with how this was the most intensely romantic and sexually charged experience I've yet gotten to enjoy in my entire life.

I wanted to see her again really soon after that, but she postponed cause of migraines. From what she described to me, it really did a toll on her and I was really worried for like a week with how bad they were hitting her. Giving her time to recover, when we next set up a date it's maybe 2 weeks later.

She texts me, saying basically that she hasn't been completely honest with me, saying that she's struggling with emotional issues that trouble her almost every day, and she doesn't know if we should date, and she says she's having too sour a day to go out on our planned day. When I finally get to talk with her, at that point I'm honestly actually pretty irritated and I'm thinking I'll bounce back really easy, so I suggest we go our separate ways for a little bit, and she can call me back when she's sorted out some of her issues.

But I don't know what's up with me, I was thinking I'd go around and try to find a new girl, but I'm just filled with alot of anxiety and apprehension lately, and I'm not sure where to start anymore. I've been thinking about her alot, and I texted her once, just saying Hi, just to see if she'd text back (she didn't), and I'm not sure what to do. I was thinking of texting her to say that I've been thinking about her and I wanted to see her again, but I don't know... I feel just lonely and stupid, and I'm not sure if it'd be a foolish idea or not. I'm simply not sure.

With no experience and a comfortable chair, I'd say you should apologize, and leave it up to her.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 04:29:25 pm by Novel Scoops »
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63595 on: July 11, 2013, 04:28:34 pm »

Are you SalmonGod's co-worker? :P

Haha, nah.  :)
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63596 on: July 11, 2013, 06:49:19 pm »

So today I discovered I apparently have a very good aptitude for mechanical drawing...

We were tasked with doing a two point perspective of a house... I decided to substitute "church" for "house" and put together a pretty nice bit of churchery if I do say so myself... In fact I received multiple complements on my basic line drawing of a church, and the moderately badass retired engineer of the group is insisting he wants to collaborate with me on the drawing... though I'm not really sure what he means by that.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63597 on: July 11, 2013, 06:56:32 pm »

So today I discovered I apparently have a very good aptitude for mechanical drawing...

We were tasked with doing a two point perspective of a house... I decided to substitute "church" for "house" and put together a pretty nice bit of churchery if I do say so myself... In fact I received multiple complements on my basic line drawing of a church, and the moderately badass retired engineer of the group is insisting he wants to collaborate with me on the drawing... though I'm not really sure what he means by that.
...This is sad? Sounds like a good thing to me.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #63598 on: July 11, 2013, 07:04:21 pm »

It prolly means more work/higher expectations which = more stress and thus 'sadness'.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63599 on: July 11, 2013, 07:07:26 pm »

It prolly means more work/higher expectations which = more stress and thus 'sadness'.
No, I just posted in the wrong thread by accident... I've reposted it now.
Pages: 1 ... 4238 4239 [4240] 4241 4242 ... 8167