Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4223 4224 [4225] 4226 4227 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9435302 times)

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #63360 on: July 01, 2013, 05:36:45 pm »

I would play that until my eyes bled solar fire and my orifices oozed fluids from beyond the stars.
Well it does sound horrible to begin with.
Ah. THAT video.

I remember seeing it, wondering why the hell it was on the recommended list, and never watched it again.
It wasn't scary, it just filled my mind with a metric fuckton of fuck.
I believe that is both of Japan's chief exports rolled into one package.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63361 on: July 01, 2013, 05:52:48 pm »

And it's five power rangers, they even announce how many there are when you fight them "We're the Mad Midget Five!"

One of the challenges is to fight 10 of them.

? I've played Godhand inside and out, like serious I was super hardcore into it for the longest time, and I simply cannot remember any Faery Challenge or Fighting Arena Challenge where you have to fight a 10 mad midgets simultaneously. I can't really think of any other characters that would qualify as 'power rangers' so I'm not sure where in the game you are.

Really? Challenges where you fight multiple bosses (or multiple of the same boss) at the same time is fairly common.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63362 on: July 01, 2013, 06:13:13 pm »

And it's five power rangers, they even announce how many there are when you fight them "We're the Mad Midget Five!"

One of the challenges is to fight 10 of them.

? I've played Godhand inside and out, like serious I was super hardcore into it for the longest time, and I simply cannot remember any Faery Challenge or Fighting Arena Challenge where you have to fight a 10 mad midgets simultaneously. I can't really think of any other characters that would qualify as 'power rangers' so I'm not sure where in the game you are.

Really? Challenges where you fight multiple bosses (or multiple of the same boss) at the same time is fairly common.

But like that's not a thing in Godhand. I actually dusted off my copy of the game, rummaged around for my memory card with near perfect completion, warmed up the vintage PS2, and went back into the game just to see the arena challenge list again. I'm simply not sure where you're talking about.

I mean, there's bosses that attack in groups like Bruce, Felix, and Madam Conchita that attack you at the same time in the story, and the Rock Band. Though I suppose the closest thing to what you're talking about is the one new game+ challenge where you fight the Afro Fist and Fat Ninja simultaneously, where in the story you fight them separately.

Unless you're talking about generic tough enemies, or multiples of demons facing you down, I don't think there's any instance where you fight copies of the same boss at the same time. Please point it out if I'm wrong.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63363 on: July 01, 2013, 07:04:39 pm »

Just for reference, both Afro Fist and Fat Ninja can kill a main character in two hits from full health.
._.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #63364 on: July 02, 2013, 11:21:33 am »

I'm living in a town full of religious nuts in the middle of nowhere in india, with no prospects for doing anything with my life, and even if I do manage to convince a family member in a first world country to house me, I still can't afford a ticket to go there in the first place.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63365 on: July 02, 2013, 11:24:47 am »

I'm living in a town full of religious nuts in the middle of nowhere in india, with no prospects for doing anything with my life, and even if I do manage to convince a family member in a first world country to house me, I still can't afford a ticket to go there in the first place.
That's...a hell of a sad, bro. Any chance of getting hired into a graphic design company that will help pay for a move?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #63366 on: July 02, 2013, 11:34:54 am »

No idea. I can try, though.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #63367 on: July 02, 2013, 05:40:23 pm »

Was two hours into sleep when I was woken up for a phone call.  It was a short phone interview for that job I applied for.  I managed to be intelligible, which is a feat for me in those circumstances.  Was still too mentally disoriented to answer questions without lots of awkward pauses and generally sounding like I was struggling to find good things to say about myself and sound professional while doing it (because I was due to circumstances).  The interviewer asked in the end if she'd woken me up and sounded a little more understanding when that came out.  I still think I botched it.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63368 on: July 02, 2013, 06:41:59 pm »

It's depressing when you've spent 20+ hours working on a project, and the teacher can whip something up in less than two that looks substantially better...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63369 on: July 02, 2013, 06:58:40 pm »

Don't worry about that.  For my classes, I literally plan that exercises taking me 5 minutes will take about 2 hours for them.  It's just a matter of knowing the secrets or not.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #63370 on: July 02, 2013, 07:08:04 pm »

I think the story that sums that up best is this: http://mystatpage.wordpress.com/tag/g-h-hardy/
The story of G H Hardy's lecture, in which left the lecture for 20 minutes to figure out whether something really was "obvious."

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63371 on: July 02, 2013, 07:17:42 pm »

Yeah I know... It's just the stark difference in ability can get kind of depressing when you've been tearing your hair out about it for ages now.

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #63372 on: July 02, 2013, 09:16:09 pm »

So, for the past few months, my parents have been in the middle of getting a divorce. My mother's basically gone completely nuts and is taking literally everything to court. She's trying to get things like my grandmother's home and such, and is being an all-around immoral bitch at the moment.

My uncle is the kindest, most honest person I knew. At one point, he purchased a large safe and, having nowhere to put it in his home, stored it at our place. My mother tried to get half of what was in it. He was in the hospital for a few weeks beforehand, with, if I recall correctly, liver and colon cancer.

Last week, she and her family filed court documents against him, calling him a liar and claiming that half of what was in that safe was hers.

My uncle passed away the next day.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63373 on: July 02, 2013, 10:02:14 pm »

Something so incredibly bad happened that I can't talk about it.

Whatever.  Gonna go watch Vi Hart videos and be jealous for a while until I feel better.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #63374 on: July 02, 2013, 10:04:45 pm »

My uncle is the kindest, most honest person I knew. At one point, he purchased a large safe and, having nowhere to put it in his home, stored it at our place. My mother tried to get half of what was in it. He was in the hospital for a few weeks beforehand, with, if I recall correctly, liver and colon cancer.

Last week, she and her family filed court documents against him, calling him a liar and claiming that half of what was in that safe was hers.

My uncle passed away the next day.
You should probably be prepared to give testimony, then. Without your uncle's voice it will probably be easy for her to badger the court into giving her the safe.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 4223 4224 [4225] 4226 4227 ... 8167