Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4215 4216 [4217] 4218 4219 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443063 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #63240 on: June 27, 2013, 05:21:25 pm »

Cult is just a religion with less followers.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63241 on: June 27, 2013, 05:22:57 pm »

Cult is just a religion with less followers.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63242 on: June 27, 2013, 05:26:38 pm »

Cults just the word you use for religions that aren't yours ("false religions") and don't have a lot of people around to raise a fuss about the word.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #63243 on: June 27, 2013, 06:04:03 pm »

More precisely, it's a splinter offshoot of an established faith, or the worship of a specific god (as opposed to worship of the pantheon as a whole) in a polytheistic religion.  The word has been thrown about so much, however, that there's not really much left of the definition.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #63244 on: June 27, 2013, 06:10:36 pm »

More precisely, it's a splinter offshoot of an established faith, or the worship of a specific god (as opposed to worship of the pantheon as a whole) in a polytheistic religion.  The word has been thrown about so much, however, that there's not really much left of the definition.
No, that is a sect.

Cults are just religions, one and the same. The difference between them is the difference between moderates and extremists: one's viewpoint.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63245 on: June 27, 2013, 07:26:18 pm »

Frigging exhausted... 'twas a long day today and I'm pretty sure my big project is not going to turn out ok.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #63246 on: June 27, 2013, 09:09:52 pm »

Cults are ways of practicing any kind of religion, and in extension the groups of people that practice religion in any particular kind of way.
Love, scriver~

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63247 on: June 27, 2013, 09:21:35 pm »

He might have deserved an insult, but not a slap.

I smiled at him and giggled, same as I did when he made the crack about whether I felt the value of my degree had been undercut by the invention of the calculator.

EDIT: Also, apparently my first day off from work will be spent with part of it at a memorial service for my middle school friend who committed suicide by train over spring break.

And the heel fell off of my boot this morning.  I can't fix it until the weekend, and it's one of my best and most frequently worn pairs of shoes.  Like, pretty much the default ones I wear everywhere.

My life is so boring.  Why did I kill the good-weird when I needed to put an end to the bad-weird?  I'll keep working on that...
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 09:37:54 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #63248 on: June 27, 2013, 09:44:37 pm »

Funny that PUA came up when a friend of mine recently got into it. I told him it creeps me out, but he says it's changed and continues trying to sell it to me. To be fair what little he's mentioned has been mostly fine (personal self-esteem advice). Still I'm worried about what he isn't telling me and what little language I've heard used to refer to the woman is pretty awful.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63249 on: June 27, 2013, 09:46:11 pm »

On the other hand, you're only supposed to neg girls three+ times in an interaction if you think they're a 10, so I guess I come off just that cocky.  Sweet!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #63250 on: June 27, 2013, 09:52:56 pm »

Ran out of bread yesterday. :L

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #63251 on: June 27, 2013, 10:14:36 pm »

That sounds pretty coolio. Any stories or experiences you'd consider worth sharing besides the landlord incident?
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #63252 on: June 27, 2013, 10:59:59 pm »

On the other hand, you're only supposed to neg girls three+ times in an interaction if you think they're a 10, so I guess I come off just that cocky.  Sweet!

The best advice I could give is, take it as a compliment from a jerk hon. There are tons of jerks in the world. [hug]
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #63253 on: June 28, 2013, 12:00:43 am »

I might be put on probation. I would be a felon if this happened, BUT I wouldn't be on Drug Court anymore...
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #63254 on: June 28, 2013, 01:33:52 am »

Well, the kitten I got (And have had for a couple months) since my last kitten died (Due to an accident involving leaving my kitten with my mother) appears to have hookworm and heartworm, and possibly feline leukemia. He could survive, if I had $250 a month for expensive medicine, which I frankly can't afford. I'd take him back home too, so he could at least die in somewhere familiar, but I can't do that because I risk him giving my other cat his worms. So my only really option at this point is to have him euthanized at a vet. It's partially my fault, considering I got a kitten without any shots, and partially the originals owners fault for lying to me about his health and age. So yeah, this really fucking sucks.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 ... 4215 4216 [4217] 4218 4219 ... 8167