Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4209 4210 [4211] 4212 4213 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9437901 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #63150 on: June 25, 2013, 07:58:10 pm »

I believe they are actually making that stuff up Drakale.

There are legitimate reasons why they don't want you feeding the ducks though. It actually gradually lowers the water and soil quality of the lake over time.

They recently put up signs in our park basically telling us not to feed the geese and ducks and they didn't make up "Ohh it inflates in their stomach" or "It actually contains anti-duckium" they actually went right out and said it "They keep pooping everywhere and it is actually causing quite a bit of problems"

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63151 on: June 25, 2013, 08:04:29 pm »

Well, bread -is- a spongy mass of carbs, sugar, and air, which makes it a ready habitat for bacteria. And unlike algae and water plants which make up a duck's normal diet, bread doesn't fend off bacteria on its own, because it isn't made of living cells.

I an going to be like 23 or 24 when I gradute college. :/
This is assuming I get into college as soon as I graduate highschool, and don't retake any courses.

If it's any consolation, I'm older than that, and I still haven't finished graduating college. Life isn't about how quickly you can reach X milestone; graduating college, landing a career job, etc. It's about the path you chose to take. Just always be conscious of the path you're on, and make sure it's the right one, and you'll be fine.

I am SO FUCKING BORED auuuuugh welcome to the working world Vector, welcome welcome.
I don't know about you, but things never really got better for me post-college.  You may want to gird yourself.

I'unno. I've had more jobs than most people... I've aimed for short-term jobs, internships, temp work, etc. to help me build a broad base of experience, and figure out what I want to do with the years I have. Through my working life, I've had jobs I've hated, and jobs I've loved... it varies widely. And, once I learned that I can at least be semi-selective with where I want to apply, and I accepted that sometimes it's worth making less money if I can be happier with what I do, it did get better.

But yeah... I'm really sorry the commute is so rough, and I hope the work itself carries a certain reward, in addition to the monetary one. I wish you all the strength you need to do whatever you need to do, and see yourself through it all.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63152 on: June 25, 2013, 08:12:15 pm »

Well, bread -is- a spongy mass of carbs, sugar, and air, which makes it a ready habitat for bacteria. And unlike algae and water plants which make up a duck's normal diet, bread doesn't fend off bacteria on its own, because it isn't made of living cells.

I had to look it up... No in this case they made it up.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #63153 on: June 25, 2013, 08:22:17 pm »

Hmm well it looks like based on some googling it's not so much made up so much as it uses some questionable sources. Apparently the nutrients issue is if the feeding occurs regularly or something.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 08:23:53 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63154 on: June 26, 2013, 01:02:28 am »

No reward outside monetary and cred for working in a really, really notoriously bad neighborhood.  I'm apparently the only person in this entire group of teachers who was ever browbeaten into learning how to think.  Kind of hilarious.  I always finish way ahead of everyone else, and it's only because I was in a find-shortcuts-or-die sort of environment at Berkeley.

Also my ankle is swelling, it's 10:30 here and I have to get up at 4:30 tomorrow to prepare a presentation.  And the drivers of the commuter rail I take up there are planning a strike.

Also, this is fucking petty, but I've been waiting on the third season of Community for a week and a half now, it finally came, I watched a couple hours, and oh my god it is fucking terrible.  It's not funny at all.  It's not heartwarming.  It's not even clever!  Nothing unexpected happens.  The characters have been flattened to the point of total disinterest.  I was going to write thank you letters for finally having a positive representation of a neuroatypical character on a comedy show, but they've screwed the pooch so hard that I just can't.  They fucked it up.  Total backpedal.  Not sure if it's redeemable.

Whatever.  Gotta go to bed.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #63155 on: June 26, 2013, 01:49:25 am »

I'd really love to try to help cheer a good friend of mine up who's been under stress and many other things lately, but whatever I say, I don't think it's working. I'm pretty unsure if her condition is either stress or anything else, but it doesn't feel like it's going alright on the other line. First time this ever happened and I'm quite lost.

Worse yet, I really can't help her much given that we're quite separated due to distance. And a small time schedule difference, but argh.

~Uselessness...Accursed physical form, why can't you be more like your thoughts and whisk yourself to their location. D:<

@Vector and all the other sad people: *hugs*

Mrnocamera

• Bay Watcher
  • Qualified.... Something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63156 on: June 26, 2013, 01:52:22 am »

Interruption (Again).

YOUTUBE CARTOONS, Y U HAVE LAZY ANIMATORS?

My favorite youtube cartoon animators have decided to fuck off on a holiday, leaving the people that have no experience in animating, animating.
Professional shut-in

You don't need to be good at video games anyway, right?

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63157 on: June 26, 2013, 04:14:40 am »

I don't even remember what my own voice sounds like.
Might I suggest Shakespeare? Singing in general, play acting, opera, whatever. I chatter and limerick to myself pretty regularly when there's no one else around. Keeps the voice nice and limber for when you have to talk to other people.

At least insofar as hearing your own voice goes.
I could do that but I don't want to bother my neighbors even though they consistently bother me with all the excessive noise that they make and furthermore look at me like I'm some kind of freak whenever they see me step out of my apartment. People tend to do that a lot.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #63158 on: June 26, 2013, 04:43:44 am »

My computer took 3 hours longer then I expected it would take to fix (mainly because I didn't put a connecter in juuussst right it wouldn't start).
This means that I have 4 hours to do a essay, 1 hours to read 4 chapters of the school book (~80 pages) and 30 minutes to drive to school.
No sleeping for me tonight :(.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63159 on: June 26, 2013, 06:42:27 am »

Got maybe 5 hours of sleep last night despite being exhausted. Sleep was full of nightmares. My brain apparently thinks that I actually slept in thanks to time zone shenanigans. Gonna be another long day.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63160 on: June 26, 2013, 06:43:56 am »

Oh god, me too.

Fuck everything.  Time to make a worksheet on the Pythagorean Theorem.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63161 on: June 26, 2013, 07:38:16 am »

Hey I'm not the only person who got next to no sleep.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #63162 on: June 26, 2013, 07:43:01 am »

Haha, I got no sleep at all!

Fuck, this is going to be either a very long, surreal day or a really aggreviatingly short one with the next day beginning at 7pm.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63163 on: June 26, 2013, 07:45:49 am »

Fuck it who needs sleep anyway. It's not like you need it to function correctly or anything. OH WAIT A MINUTE.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63164 on: June 26, 2013, 08:16:47 am »

Got maybe 5 hours of sleep last night despite being exhausted. Sleep was full of nightmares. My brain apparently thinks that I actually slept in thanks to time zone shenanigans. Gonna be another long day.
At least the return trip will be much nicer.
Pages: 1 ... 4209 4210 [4211] 4212 4213 ... 8167