Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4207 4208 [4209] 4210 4211 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9436123 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #63120 on: June 24, 2013, 06:49:11 pm »

GOD I just hate myself when I'm driving sleepy and I do something really stupid on the road. I was going too fast and made a needlessly wide turn into the one-way exit road for my little trailer park. It was only for a few seconds before I used a midsection to switch to the correct road, but I just feel like shit about it. There was no accident but someone was coming down the road that witnessed the entire thing, and I can only imagine them yelling "WHAT ARE YOU DOING RETARD?!" as I was doing it.

So now I'm just wondering how bad I should feel, and how much I should punish myself.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63121 on: June 24, 2013, 06:53:47 pm »

Punish yourself by going to bed early. Driving sleepy is really quite dangerous, but we'll let you off the hook this time. After all, no-one got hurt and no damage was done, so consider this a warning.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63122 on: June 24, 2013, 07:00:00 pm »

I've noticed that whenever I drive tired, I have a tendency to fall into a trance. I come to my senses about ten minutes later with absolutely no recollection of how I was driving. I then proceed to berate myself for doing it because I'm pretty sure it's not a safe thing to have done whatsoever.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63123 on: June 24, 2013, 07:02:23 pm »

It ain't safe at all. For the love of everyone on the road: if you get tired, pull off and get some rest. Even if it's just a nap.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63124 on: June 24, 2013, 07:07:04 pm »

It was always, unfortunately, on my way to work or school after getting too little sleep. I could always count on my internet addiction to keep me focused on getting home on time afterward with complete focus on all the stuff I wanted to get done. I'm going to be better at it the next time I have a job (hopefully soon).
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63125 on: June 24, 2013, 07:10:57 pm »

Sorry, I don't mean to be bossy or critical of anyone. It's just that I'm going to be driving professionally in a few weeks and all this safe driving stuff is still fresh in my head. Considering I'll be driving 18-wheelers, it's even more important for me and other commercial drivers; a runaway 30+ ton vehicle is far more dangerous than a simple sedan.

So, blame my nerves I guess.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #63126 on: June 24, 2013, 08:54:49 pm »

Have job interview with very liberal law firm. They are accepting of gays, but I'm too terrified of coming out.

To be fair I would have to wonder if they would keep the secret but still....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63127 on: June 24, 2013, 08:57:16 pm »

Why don't you wait until you get a better feel for how'd they'd react to your coming out? Unless there's some weird (illegal?) rule at the firm stating that no lawyers are allowed to "be in the closet", that is.

I mean, you haven't even been hired yet, right? Let them get to know you a little.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63128 on: June 24, 2013, 08:59:10 pm »

Have job interview with very liberal law firm. They are accepting of gays, but I'm too terrified of coming out.

One of these days, it will be the 24th century, and no one will care.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #63129 on: June 24, 2013, 09:17:14 pm »

But then it'll just be forced equality to our robot overlords.

But we'll all secretly hate the Illegal aliens. From mars. Bastards stealing all the better feeding jobs.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63130 on: June 24, 2013, 10:42:07 pm »

Learned one of my coworkers had a heart attack over the weekend and is either currently comatose or brain-dead. Shit, that's not the kind of thing that should happen to a 27 year old.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #63131 on: June 24, 2013, 10:43:02 pm »

But then it'll just be forced equality to our robot overlords.

But we'll all secretly hate the Illegal aliens. From Krypton. Bastards stealing all the better feeding jobs.
FTFY.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63132 on: June 25, 2013, 12:03:07 am »

I spent all yesterday moving in.  All of it.  Thought I had holds in at library, turns out they weren't in, had been waiting very impatiently for a week.  Then, to make nice with the current roommates, wasted an hour singing Disney songs in German.  Slept terribly.  Needed to sleep, they wouldn't turn the lights out; five girls (including myself) living in a space as large as our living room in our very small house, couldn't get a chair or pillow to sit on, wasn't even really any floor space to sit on.  Had forgotten computer -> had to borrow friend's computer to get important work information about location and necessary IDs.  Spent hours making nice, singing Disney songs in German, listening to other girls berate each other for eating, lots of talk about Pilates.  Anyway.  Slept terribly.

Up at 6.  Spend an hour tiptoeing around getting ready for school, trying to get my phone to accept its data plan (nothing doing), finally getting on the road.  Ride train to notoriously violent region where the kids I will teach come from.  Take bus to workplace.  Give mathematically beautiful answers to simple problems, informed that answers are incorrect (this statement is false); is the only one who sees this.  Finish day early, having decided that I really shouldn't be staying with girls who don't want me there and don't have any space for me, plus no computer, no space in their fridge to keep food -> serious logistical arrangement problems so change of plans, mom is coming to pick me up and I'm doing the Long Commute.  Have blister on heel.  Because of communication idiocy on her end, wait three hours for her in the rain, alternately walking and standing for long periods of time.  Twist ankle badly.  Finally get picked up.  Hungry, tired, two or three more hours until I get home.  Couldn't read during any of this because too tired, had to keep an eye out, didn't know the transit route well enough, whatever.

Clear out of place.  Fast forward to now.  Day was 16 hours long.  Back hurts, blistered heel, exhausted, profoundly bored, neck aches, made $100 today and can't spend any of it on anything fun because saving for graduate school and retirement, don't even have any time to enjoy myself.  I did 16 hour days all the time in college.  At least then I felt I had done something even vaguely worthwhile.  Have to prepare presentation on beautiful proof of the Pythagorean Theorem.  Prognosis not particularly positive.  Not certain they will see any beauty.

10:00.  Time to go to bed.  Have to get up at 5:00 tomorrow, not enough sleep but that's inconsequential.  Commute starts at 6:00.  Arrive at 8:00 (plan for delays), work starts at 8:30, off work at 4:00 or 4:30, home at 7:00, 2 hours to self.  Maybe.

*throws hands in air*

This is stupid!

I am SO FUCKING BORED auuuuugh welcome to the working world Vector, welcome welcome.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #63133 on: June 25, 2013, 12:35:03 am »

Clearly the answer to the expression "is the statement 'this statement is false'" is either true or 'banana'.

Why? Because
if (thisStatement = false) cout << "false"; else cout << "true"; :v
No shut up there is no such thing as 'another compiler' or 'a different language' D:

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63134 on: June 25, 2013, 12:36:55 am »

That will always evaluate to false since you're using = instead of ==.

* kaijyuu is missing the point.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 4207 4208 [4209] 4210 4211 ... 8167