Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4161 4162 [4163] 4164 4165 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446344 times)

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #62430 on: June 04, 2013, 11:28:50 am »

Lawyer: "If there are bullets in somebody, then do they really need the gun to say he was shot?"
Well, yes. You don't know the bullets were fired into the person. They could have been teleported in, or someone could have punched the bullets into them like Colonel Volgin.

In actual sad news, my dad and I are fighting again, mostly over the fact that he outright refuses to refer to me by my preferred name and pronouns, even after I told him I felt insulted and disrespected when he refused. I get that it's probably uncomfortable for him, but I have to do things that make me uncomfortable every day, just to make other people feel comfortable. Namely, eye contact. When I get mini panic attacks just from looking certain people in the eye, I don't think he should be able to complain about a slight change in vocabulary that he's probably going to get used to in a few months anyway.
Anyway, he's refused to keep helping me out because of this, so I can kiss any chance of being able to pay for an apartment goodbye. Looks like I'm going back out on the street, everybody!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #62431 on: June 04, 2013, 11:37:25 am »

Lawyer: "If there are bullets in somebody, then do they really need the gun to say he was shot?"
Well, yes. You don't know the bullets were fired into the person. They could have been teleported in, or someone could have punched the bullets into them like Colonel Volgin.
Yeah you joke about that but from what I've heard, a surprisingly large number of people fall on bullets every year. It's freaking tragic.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62432 on: June 04, 2013, 11:40:14 am »

I made a post in the rage thread that seriously deserved to be put here, too. Stupid eyes, Y U WATER?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62433 on: June 04, 2013, 04:06:07 pm »

Anyone know a way to treat sunburn? Most my body has gotten some sun, but my right arm is red and aches pretty badly. I can't even expose it to the sun without feeling additional heat.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #62434 on: June 04, 2013, 04:13:57 pm »

Anyone know a way to treat sunburn? Most my body has gotten some sun, but my right arm is red and aches pretty badly. I can't even expose it to the sun without feeling additional heat.
Aloe Vera, Solarcaine is amazing.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62435 on: June 04, 2013, 04:16:54 pm »

I have some aloe vera gel. Didn't know if it would actually help or just make me feel a bit better.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62436 on: June 04, 2013, 04:23:09 pm »

I have some aloe vera gel. Didn't know if it would actually help or just make me feel a bit better.
DO IT.

Also, that's twice I've melted down over the same thing today. Fuck you, water leaking from eyes. You're not making anything better and no one wants you.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62437 on: June 04, 2013, 04:23:58 pm »

It helps the pain and cools down the skin

is it just aloe vera gel?

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62438 on: June 04, 2013, 04:50:46 pm »

In actual sad news, my dad and I are fighting again, mostly over the fact that he outright refuses to refer to me by my preferred name and pronouns, even after I told him I felt insulted and disrespected when he refused. I get that it's probably uncomfortable for him, but I have to do things that make me uncomfortable every day, just to make other people feel comfortable. Namely, eye contact. When I get mini panic attacks just from looking certain people in the eye, I don't think he should be able to complain about a slight change in vocabulary that he's probably going to get used to in a few months anyway.
Anyway, he's refused to keep helping me out because of this, so I can kiss any chance of being able to pay for an apartment goodbye. Looks like I'm going back out on the street, everybody!
Had a sort of similar experience a while back. I sat down to have a conversation with my mother, I could tell she was in a bad mood, so I tried to be very appeasing, I tried to be polite and attentive, and she was apparently very offended by this because with absolutely no provocation she went from discussing the current house affairs to angrily telling me that I don't do anything, then saying that she's going to kick me out on the street, then decided to mock me for being depressed and proclaiming I should just slit my throat (along with various reasons why, such as that everyone in the world hates me)...

This is the abbreviated version of about 15 minutes of ranting.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62439 on: June 04, 2013, 04:54:45 pm »

Had a sort of similar experience a while back. I sat down to have a conversation with my mother, I could tell she was in a bad mood, so I tried to be very appeasing, I tried to be polite and attentive, and she was apparently very offended by this because with absolutely no provocation she went from discussing the current house affairs to angrily telling me that I don't do anything, then saying that she's going to kick me out on the street, then decided to mock me for being depressed and proclaiming I should just slit my throat (along with various reasons why, such as that everyone in the world hates me)...

This is the abbreviated version of about 15 minutes of ranting.
Should build that underground fortress soon so people can migrate and live there, gotta figure out the underground farming and the cave sickness issue.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62440 on: June 04, 2013, 04:57:01 pm »

Should build that underground fortress soon so people can migrate and live there, gotta figure out the underground farming and the cave sickness issue.
Well all you do is make some skylights in popular areas, then put glass floors at the top of them, unless they've changed the mechanics you don't even really need glass, just sticking wood or something there will work.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62441 on: June 04, 2013, 05:13:50 pm »

* Sirus reads from the label
"Moisturizing aloe vera gel. Made with 100% aloe vera and vitamin E. Helps replenish, soothe, and moisturize the skin."

...so would that work? Even if it only cools the burn down, I'm willing to try.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62442 on: June 04, 2013, 05:17:28 pm »

"Moisturizing aloe vera gel. Made with 100% aloe vera and vitamin E. Helps replenish, soothe, and moisturize the skin."

its a moisturizer, i dunno what the effects are for burns and i highly doubt 100%

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62443 on: June 04, 2013, 05:21:02 pm »

its a moisturizer, i dunno what the effects are for burns and i highly doubt 100%
Just checked the back label:
"Use on sunburn, windburn, minor skin burns, and other skin irritations.
* Sirus proceeds to slather some on

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62444 on: June 04, 2013, 05:21:58 pm »

lol good enough :P

tell me how it feels
Pages: 1 ... 4161 4162 [4163] 4164 4165 ... 8167