Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4159 4160 [4161] 4162 4163 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446964 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #62400 on: June 01, 2013, 04:32:05 am »

Today was probably the worst day so far. Birth certificate arrived, but I couldn't go take my permit test and likely won't be able to until Monday. Local doctor is hesitant to give me the medical card I need to continue training based on past history with depression. And on top of all that, a heavy rainstorm rolled through while we were practicing simple maneuvers. I was soaked to the bone and I'm still not completely dry.
I don't know how things are over there, but over here  specialized medical certificate offices are the ones that take care of that stuff. And generally don't ask too many questions.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MrSparky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62401 on: June 01, 2013, 01:09:03 pm »

My computer is well and truly fucked. The screen doesn't hold up at all on it's own anymore and has almost completely detached itself. The obvious crack in the casing is much larger now and I have no idea what else might be broken at this point. I've only got it straight because it's propped up against my trashcan now.

It's also nearing overheating while idle. I think this is somehow related to the other problems because it only started just now despite me never being able to clean out my fan.

Apparently nobody fixes physical damage to computers either. Guess I'm going to have to burn all my money on a replacement soon.

The reason most repair techs won't fix physical issues with laptops is because it almost always involves voiding the warranty. Also because it's usually not worth it to the customer. Plus you can't really fix broken plastic.

If you go into a shop and tell the guy "It needs new hinges and the dust cleaned out, the warranty is expired" he'll usually do it. It'll probably set you back around $100 depending on the availability of parts.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #62402 on: June 01, 2013, 01:12:47 pm »

If you go into a shop and tell the guy "It needs new hinges and the dust cleaned out, the warranty is expired" he'll usually do it. It'll probably set you back around $100 depending on the availability of parts.
Eesh, labor costs. Hinges themselves look to cost around 12 bucks. In that case... buy the hinges, do it yourself. Laptop's not too hard to take apart and put back together, just somewhat time consuming.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #62403 on: June 01, 2013, 01:23:06 pm »

This is not good. I have my medication again, but want to kill myself even worse than I did without it, not to mention I'm sleeping later and later into the day. I also feel like I'm losing my fucking mind, as in literally going insane, not jokingly. D:
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Mrnocamera

• Bay Watcher
  • Qualified.... Something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62404 on: June 01, 2013, 01:30:38 pm »

Found out that one of my favorite websites was shut down.
Professional shut-in

You don't need to be good at video games anyway, right?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62405 on: June 01, 2013, 01:34:13 pm »

This is not good. I have my medication again, but want to kill myself even worse than I did without it, not to mention I'm sleeping later and later into the day. I also feel like I'm losing my fucking mind, as in literally going insane, not jokingly. D:
D:

Increased suicidal thoughts are a common side effect of medication, but they usually go away after some time. Drop the medication though if they don't go away soon.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MrSparky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62406 on: June 01, 2013, 01:38:47 pm »

This is not good. I have my medication again, but want to kill myself even worse than I did without it,
Antidepressants? They're supposed to make you feel less helpless by amplifying your thoughts/impulses/motivations. If you're having suicidal thoughts then they'll make them stronger. Talk to your psychiatrist and tell him/her what's going on. Your dose will probably be lowered. You'll also probably be referred to a psychologist if you aren't seeing one already.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62407 on: June 01, 2013, 03:43:09 pm »

Finished the last chapter of The Walking Dead game by Telltale games.
My god.. that ending.. Manly tears were shed.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62408 on: June 01, 2013, 07:26:30 pm »

Tired. Sunburned. Aching feet. In dire need of a hot shower, best I'll get is ice cold. And tomorrow I have to do it all again.

If this is meant to prepare us for a trucking job, its doing all too well.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #62409 on: June 01, 2013, 08:56:59 pm »

*reads monthly report*

It is going to be a long, long time before the release. DF2014?  :'(

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #62410 on: June 01, 2013, 09:49:41 pm »

*reads monthly report*

It is going to be a long, long time before the release. DF2014?  :'(
On one hand, I'm glad because if it came out right now, I couldn't play it because of my work. On the other hand, that means it might come out during my junior year, which is a big fucking deal given my problems in school. SAT, PSAT, AP, College, etc.

God help me.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62411 on: June 01, 2013, 09:57:30 pm »

"Hey Dad, how are you? Yes it's good to see you. No, I'm not too worried about the pile of bottles your roommate left in the garage, I know he drinks a lot. No I don't think you're an alcoholic, Dad.

How have you been? Oh yeah, I heard about the surgery... I'm glad that went okay. I was really worried when I heard your blood pressure was that high... really, you should not have been able to stand and think clearly, let alone drive to the hospital. What was wrong? Oh, really? And the cyst was 5 lbs? At least they got it out okay, and you're... oh. And the doctor said it was hereditary? That's... good to know.

So what have you been up to? Nice! Yes, that is a very nice gun you have. No, I can't hold it in one hand and aim it accurately, that would be silly. It is a rifle, and it is huge and made of metal. Yes, I've still never shot a gun before. No I'm not very worried about people breaking into my home and assaulting me, I have nothing anyone would want. What does the IKH stand for? Oh. "I Kick Hippies." Okay.

Hey, speaking of guns, did you hear about 3D Printers, and the possibility that people could start printing functional guns? Could mean weird things for gun control laws. What are your thoughts on... oh, but... Dad, but... actually no, the government does not put Fluoride in the water to kill people, it's to... yes it's a toxic chemical, but it's extremely diluted, enough that it's harmless. The point is that it kills bacteria in the mouth without harming you. Since they started doing it, the incidence of tooth decay has gone down way more than... er... no Dad, I did not hear that it combines with The Vaccinations to make even more toxic chemicals in your bloodstream. In fact, nothing in my worldview or knowledge of science supports that that is even possible. Okay. We can agree to disagree on that, Dad.

Well anyway, it was nice seeing you. I love you Dad, and take care. Maybe I can see you again on Father's Day? Oh, well, if you have the time free, it'd be nice. Yes, Dad, it really was nice to see you. Yeah, I love you too, again. Have a good night. Yeah. Really, I do love you. Bye."

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62412 on: June 01, 2013, 10:57:03 pm »

:-\
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #62413 on: June 02, 2013, 03:42:44 am »

:(

Sol..hope you're all doing fine.. :/

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62414 on: June 02, 2013, 07:50:48 am »

High school friend committed suicide today. That makes number two.
Pages: 1 ... 4159 4160 [4161] 4162 4163 ... 8167