Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4158 4159 [4160] 4161 4162 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9447909 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #62385 on: May 31, 2013, 03:15:37 pm »

I may have done an utterly heinous crime against humanity today.
Some hours ago hile I was changing the roll of toilet paper, I made the paper hang under the roll.
I did not realize this untill a few minutes ago.

;_;
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 03:17:16 pm by Ultimuh »

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62386 on: May 31, 2013, 04:29:54 pm »

If you have overly curious cats, it's almost a necessity to make the toilet paper hang under. It keeps them from unraveling the whole thing.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #62387 on: May 31, 2013, 04:33:36 pm »

Job market.

+1, Very +1.

Seems I've isolated one of my band members using drugs.... I am not amused. This will end. No more ODing. No overdose; no. I know the funeral director too damn well, thank you. I expected more from you.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62388 on: May 31, 2013, 04:59:30 pm »

Today was probably the worst day so far. Birth certificate arrived, but I couldn't go take my permit test and likely won't be able to until Monday. Local doctor is hesitant to give me the medical card I need to continue training based on past history with depression. And on top of all that, a heavy rainstorm rolled through while we were practicing simple maneuvers. I was soaked to the bone and I'm still not completely dry.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MrSparky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62389 on: May 31, 2013, 06:28:14 pm »

I'm depressed. I can't get myself to make me dinner. I'm tired of eating soups and chili, there is no cereal in the house that tastes different stale, and the only things in the fridge are a pack of lunchmeat, some sliced cheese, and some stale hotdog buns. And mom's wine coolers but those are neither food nor appealing to me.

I can't order out because nobody delivers out here and I'm not alert enough to drive. The road's too wet/muddy to bike and I am not fit enough to go 3 miles on foot. Maybe towards the end of summer once I'm back in shape but not now.

You know, If I'd eaten breakfast maybe I'd be motivated and alert enough that this wouldn't be a problem. bleh

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #62390 on: May 31, 2013, 06:50:57 pm »

In an attempt at catastrophically missing the point, I'm going to suggest that you microwave a hot dog bun for 10 seconds, then use the resulting soft bun to craft a sandwich of lunchmeat and cheese. Alternatively, bisect the bun and place a slice of cheese and of meat on each half, then put these sandwich-halves in the oven at about 450 degrees for about 5 minutes. Then retrieve them from the oven and assemble your makeshift melt.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62391 on: May 31, 2013, 06:59:12 pm »

In an attempt at catastrophically missing the point, I'm going to suggest that you microwave a hot dog bun for 10 seconds, then use the resulting soft bun to craft a sandwich of lunchmeat and cheese. Alternatively, bisect the bun and place a slice of cheese and of meat on each half, then put these sandwich-halves in the oven at about 450 degrees for about 5 minutes. Then retrieve them from the oven and assemble your makeshift melt.

It is the sad thread... Drowning your sorrows in very cheesy meals is always on point.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #62392 on: May 31, 2013, 08:37:35 pm »

... That sounds delicious.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #62393 on: May 31, 2013, 08:48:01 pm »

Better with a hamburger bun, two slices of ham, sandwiching a slice of crappy American cheese, nuke for 10-15 seconds.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #62394 on: May 31, 2013, 10:14:13 pm »

I heartily suggest rice and beans.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #62395 on: May 31, 2013, 10:17:13 pm »

Haven't had a vacation (meaning time off from work and nothing more) or even a relaxing weekend in about 3 months.  Caught up on sleep to the point that I'm feeling sharper than I have in a while.  Honestly, it's not a good thing.  I'm going fucking stir crazy.  Routine is driving me insane.  Can't focus on work.  Just sitting here being all jittery and distracted, thinking about how it might be another month before I get a break for myself.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62396 on: May 31, 2013, 11:45:20 pm »

I was told on the spot I could run a game for the gaming group I am part of (pen and paper RPGs)

but I am seriously not prepared for this spontaneity

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62397 on: June 01, 2013, 12:30:07 am »

The best games tend to be ones that are completely and utterly winged.

Forget crafting a story or any such bullshit and make them fight a doll animated with the soul of Michael Jackson.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #62398 on: June 01, 2013, 01:43:45 am »

My computer is well and truly fucked. The screen doesn't hold up at all on it's own anymore and has almost completely detached itself. The obvious crack in the casing is much larger now and I have no idea what else might be broken at this point. I've only got it straight because it's propped up against my trashcan now.

It's also nearing overheating while idle. I think this is somehow related to the other problems because it only started just now despite me never being able to clean out my fan.

Apparently nobody fixes physical damage to computers either. Guess I'm going to have to burn all my money on a replacement soon.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62399 on: June 01, 2013, 02:35:48 am »

The best games tend to be ones that are completely and utterly winged.

Forget crafting a story or any such bullshit and make them fight a doll animated with the soul of Michael Jackson.

make them fight a doll animated with the soul of Michael Jackson.

Pretty sure that was on an australian kid's show in the early 90s.
Pages: 1 ... 4158 4159 [4160] 4161 4162 ... 8167