Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4138 4139 [4140] 4141 4142 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9457109 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #62085 on: May 20, 2013, 12:02:50 am »

If you need someone to hang out with irl, have you looked into D&D (or possibly some other roleplaying system) groups in your area?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #62086 on: May 20, 2013, 12:20:17 am »

Y' know, my experiences within my family leads me to believe there's a fuckload of different anti-depressant drugs with a gamut-running range of effects. Often, I take it, the process of finding one you can actually deal with, that makes you feel better and that's all, will take many many months; my utterly (ignorant?) suspicion is that a lot of people have shitty experiences with the first few tries and swear them off forever. (Yes/no?)

I'm tired of wanting things I can't have and wanting people I can't have and wanting a life I can't have.
Mmm, just try to separate yourself from situations that fuck with you then. /shrug try to find time to do what kadzar said.

-edit
ss13 looks interesting.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 12:51:48 am by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62087 on: May 20, 2013, 12:33:07 am »

I'm getting sick and I still have that 15-page paper to write.  And I've gotten into a lot of arguments over the past couple days, which is mostly fine by me but I'm starting to get sort of tired.

And I got a B in my complex analysis course; since it wasn't curved, I feel perfectly comfortable saying that it was largely because the teacher is an asshole.

Tomorrow's another day.  It'll all be fine.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #62088 on: May 20, 2013, 04:06:20 am »

Found a photo album that was a gift from my ex girlfriend. I had been crushing on this girl for the better part of two years, despite her being in a relationship for most of that time. When she looked to me a few weeks after her old boyfriend dumped her, I was so excited that I couldn't help but say yes. Fast forward a few months later, everything's just been kind of slowly falling apart, arguments over things that seemed stupid at the time and I'm still so damned pleased with myself that I can't even see the shit I do wrong. Eventually I ended up touching a really raw nerve in an argument, and she just dropped me. She hasn't said a word since November.

I wish I could say I was better off for it, but after thinking for a few months I really feel like I deserve the loneliness I feel without her. I kept her front and center in my thoughts for such a long time, got so close to her, and now she probably won't ever forgive me for the shit I pulled.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62089 on: May 20, 2013, 04:32:16 am »

Friggin' sad all the time. WWHHHHYYY?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #62090 on: May 20, 2013, 12:46:38 pm »

No but seriously, book.

Life experience = Writing skill
I got a feeling that this will have effects if you go through with and publish it.

It would be strangely self-serving and odd to write an autobiography at 21. >.>

If you need someone to hang out with irl, have you looked into D&D (or possibly some other roleplaying system) groups in your area?

I used to play DnD with some schoolmates of mine, but then they all went to college/military/fell out of touch. And I have friends, but they never talk to me of their own volition, it seems I have to seek them out on my own, which makes me feel very unloved after a long time of it.

Y' know, my experiences within my family leads me to believe there's a fuckload of different anti-depressant drugs with a gamut-running range of effects. Often, I take it, the process of finding one you can actually deal with, that makes you feel better and that's all, will take many many months; my utterly (ignorant?) suspicion is that a lot of people have shitty experiences with the first few tries and swear them off forever. (Yes/no?)

I haven't sworn them off, I just ran out, and couldn't get more because I had to meet with the doctor and there was issues with that. They do JUST make me feel better and that's it, but it seriously stresses me out that me, as I am, is apparently no good and has to be medicated to be worth anything.

That, and if I DID manage to get into a relationship whilst on them, I'd constantly be wondering if they actually liked ME, or if they liked MEDICATED me. Bleh, it doesn't matter. Not much chance of me getting into a relationship anyways.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62091 on: May 20, 2013, 01:08:03 pm »

That's a silly way to think, Hans. Of course they like Medicated You, but Medicated You is just as real a person as Non-medicated You. I'm sure they would like Wide-awake You better than Grumpy And Overtired You as well.

You're ALWAYS being medicated by your body. It's an all chemical all the time orgy in your brain. I don't see anything wrong with exerting a bit of control over the 'festivities', nor does it make it any less you (and if you choose to take the meds, one could argue that it's even MORE you), since it's the you you've built instead of the ones your parents made.

A full autobiography, yeah, sure. But that's not the only type - memoirs, travelogues, personal essays, autobiographical short stories or novels, etc. and so on. What we want to read from you is a memoir or novel or short story or some sort. A great many successful memoirs have been written by fairly young people - the only thing you need is to have finished whatever bit you were writing about. And people are usually keen to read follow ups if add a new addition several years later as well! Seriously, many people make a living off this sort of stuff - I know, because my wife devours it left and right. Most of them get started fairly young, and 21-25 seems about right for initial publishing ages. (And it will probably take you a while to write the book, hah!)

People love reading personal stories and confessionals, and you've got the kind of stories they love reading.

(Hell, with the rise of blogging, the trend in this sort of writing seems to be "tell me about what happened yesterday" rather than fully biographical kind of "tell me what happened to you over the last 40 years" sort of writing)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 01:13:11 pm by GlyphGryph »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #62092 on: May 20, 2013, 01:56:44 pm »

My book would probably be 'The Drug-Induced Adventures of Hans'. >.>
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #62093 on: May 20, 2013, 02:37:08 pm »

The accumulated stress from the last two weeks is taking it's toll... mouth sores, twitchiness...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62094 on: May 20, 2013, 02:37:56 pm »

Fucking hell, I've got that 15-page paper to write and I just.  Don't.  Want.  To.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #62095 on: May 20, 2013, 02:44:13 pm »

I honestly think that title alone would grab a lot of people.

People tend to regard vices like this as comical and endearing if you lampshade the fuck out of them.

and how I'll have no future of any sort if I try and do what I love and all that shit

Well that is surefire motivation...to commit suicide. That's just the complete opposite of any way to make anyone feel motivated ever.

This is a serious pet peeve of mine.  Most people's perspectives on responsibility make life out to be completely not worth living.  I don't know how they cope with their own bleak outlooks.   

"Everything is work!  All the time!  And you don't get to choose the work!  You take whatever you can get and be happy to have any work!  You think your work makes you miserable?  Try being one of the people who doesn't get to spend all their time doing work that they hate!  Then you'll know true misery!"

</wrists>
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #62096 on: May 20, 2013, 02:48:51 pm »

Fear and loathing in Hans Vegas?

E:That's more like it.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62098 on: May 20, 2013, 06:14:30 pm »

Massive Tornado strikes Southern Oklahoma City.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/05/20/18375741-major-damage-as-huge-tornado-rips-through-neighborhoods-south-of-oklahoma-city?lite

The system is moving north and east, too, which means I'll be spending the next 2 days on Tornado Watch. On the up side, if we end up getting crazy green thunderstorms I can run around in, I'll be pretty happy, because I miss those.

• Monday - North Texas and Oklahoma northeastward through northwest Arkansas, southeast Kansas and Missouri into parts of the Upper Mississippi Valley and Great Lakes. Tornadoes, large hail and damaging wind gusts are all possible. A few tornadoes could be strong.
  • Tuesday - Additional severe thunderstorms are possible as the system advances slowly to the East from eastern Texas northeastward to the Middle Mississippi Valley and southern Great Lakes. Though isolated tornadoes will be possible, the main threats will be large hail and damaging winds.
  • Wednesday - Parts of the eastern Great Lakes and Upper Ohio Valley are at risk for damaging wind gusts and large hail.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #62099 on: May 20, 2013, 07:28:47 pm »

I honestly think that title alone would grab a lot of people.

People tend to regard vices like this as comical and endearing if you lampshade the fuck out of them.

and how I'll have no future of any sort if I try and do what I love and all that shit

Well that is surefire motivation...to commit suicide. That's just the complete opposite of any way to make anyone feel motivated ever.

This is a serious pet peeve of mine.  Most people's perspectives on responsibility make life out to be completely not worth living.  I don't know how they cope with their own bleak outlooks.   

"Everything is work!  All the time!  And you don't get to choose the work!  You take whatever you can get and be happy to have any work!  You think your work makes you miserable?  Try being one of the people who doesn't get to spend all their time doing work that they hate!  Then you'll know true misery!"

</wrists>
The secret is being lucky enough to get work that you like.
Although seriously, I chose the wrong time to be born. No, I said, post-scarcity societies are boring, I said.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 4138 4139 [4140] 4141 4142 ... 8167