Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4130 4131 [4132] 4133 4134 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9459218 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #61965 on: May 17, 2013, 06:17:16 pm »

The class names don't matter much anyway :P

Your backstory and actions are far more important. Seriously, there are different quests based on what options you chose for your "personnel record".
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61966 on: May 17, 2013, 06:22:59 pm »

Wait, then what is this Soldier/Infiltrator/whatever muck?

EDIT: This guy I'm working with is a fucking moron, and I'm going to keep imprecating him until I'm through.  I've got about seven and a half hours to clean up his mess.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61967 on: May 17, 2013, 06:25:25 pm »

Soldier is heavy weapons guy. He shoots at things. Infiltrator is sniper rifle guy with a few cool abilities. Basically the ghost from Starcraft. You also have an Engineer who is kind of a support class.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #61968 on: May 17, 2013, 06:26:56 pm »

Yes, yes you did. The only alcohol to go amazingly well with milk (not that I've tried many mind you) is a type of pear brandy (not sure if it's local). The resulting drink is something akin to caramel except better :D
You know there are a ton of cocktails that include milk, right? Most of them are pretty good.
Although you can't go past a singapore slingNo milk but plenty of goodness.
[/quote

?
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61969 on: May 17, 2013, 06:28:39 pm »

Ohhh, so there's 18 options.  That's neat.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61970 on: May 17, 2013, 06:29:57 pm »

?
Basically the singapore sling is a tall glass + benedictine + what ever else they feel like throwing in excluding any dairy.
Every place makes them differently, and it is awesome.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #61971 on: May 17, 2013, 07:21:14 pm »

When I was in college, I concocted something I referred to as a White Mongol (riffing off a White Russian):

1 part Bermuda black rum (one of my hallmates was Bermudan and got me turned onto the stuff)
2 parts Irish cream or heather cream (like Irish cream but made with scotch instead of Irish whisky)
3 parts whole milk

Fan-fucking-tastic drink, especially in the winter. Tasted very little "burn" and yet the resulting concoction was somewhere around 40 proof (higher if I used the hi-test 151-proof black rum). Kind of thing you could drink a lot of and not feel like you were drinking. Until you tried to get up and walk around.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61972 on: May 17, 2013, 07:36:10 pm »

Until you tried to get up and walk around.
I came to fall down
I came to fall down
So get out of your seats and walk around
Walk around
Walk around
Walk around
Stand up, stand up, but fall down
Walk
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 07:40:11 pm by Willfor »
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61973 on: May 17, 2013, 07:42:38 pm »

1 part Bermuda black rum (one of my hallmates was Bermudan and got me turned onto the stuff)
2 parts Irish cream or heather cream (like Irish cream but made with scotch instead of Irish whisky)
3 parts whole milk
I hope you understand I am going to have to steal this from you.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #61974 on: May 17, 2013, 07:58:41 pm »

The happy thread is discussing sex and relationships, which is reminding me that all of my previous relationships have sucked. I should probably go take my pills before I start tantruming and throw a boulder at my cat.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61975 on: May 17, 2013, 08:27:23 pm »

Yeah, I was thinking I'd do a heavy weapons or "magic" femshep (paragon, unless evil is done better in this game than it usually is).
The "evil" alignment really isn't at the end of the day. I mean in theory being the renagade means you're the type of anti-hero that's willing to break the rules, perform assassinations/executions, and do whatever else you need to do to save the day. However in reality you're basically just doing it the douchebagish way, as the while the paragon way of doing things may not always work out better than the renegade way of doing things, the renegade way of doing it almost never works out better than the paragon way of doing things (the reverse being very much true).

It was honestly a little bit disappointing for me.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #61976 on: May 17, 2013, 09:19:04 pm »

I feel adult.  I feel like I understand and adhere to standard definitions of responsibility and maturity, but don't actually believe in them.  I just go through the motions.  It's the going through the motions that makes me feel adult.  The having a steady job for 6 years and feeling trapped in it by responsibilities.  I feel like an adult who never got to experience most of the staples of childhood, and was forced into an adult role too soon.  I fully intend to remedy this someday.  As soon as I figure out how to reject the world without it rejecting me :P
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61977 on: May 17, 2013, 09:24:16 pm »

Yeesh, personally I have no frigging clue... I mean on the one hand I definitely don't have the trappings of adulthood yet, the sort of taking care of yourself, knowing where you're going sort of stuff. 
But on the other I feel pretty damn jaded with the world. Plus my back is killing me, but that last one is probably because of my reading posture, is seriously any good way to read a book without winding up with a huge neck pain?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61978 on: May 17, 2013, 09:28:30 pm »

Yeesh, personally I have no frigging clue... I mean on the one hand I definitely don't have the trappings of adulthood yet, the sort of taking care of yourself, knowing where you're going sort of stuff. 
But on the other I feel pretty damn jaded with the world. Plus my back is killing me, but that last one is probably because of my reading posture, is seriously any good way to read a book without winding up with a huge neck pain?
Recline, good ser.

Sad: I was looking up recovery time for the surgery I'm eventually going to have to have (probably in the next few years,) and it has a recovery time of 6-18 months. Fuck that. I don't have time for that bullshit.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61979 on: May 17, 2013, 09:30:36 pm »

What surgery are you getting?
Is it a brain transplant? Oh god don't do it! I knew a guy who got one and he was never the same man.
Pages: 1 ... 4130 4131 [4132] 4133 4134 ... 8167