Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4115 4116 [4117] 4118 4119 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9455166 times)

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #61740 on: May 11, 2013, 02:06:11 am »

The same asshole who's been fucking my course the entire semester stood me and my partner up for a project meeting he'd specifically pushed us to come to after we tried to cancel.  We've emailed twice and he hasn't replied.

I am... so upset right now.
Do what Gordon Freeman does at a time of scientific need.

Fall off a narrow walkway into a giant fan?
This is a blank sig.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #61741 on: May 11, 2013, 02:07:20 am »

Be obnoxious and insane a la Freeman's Mind?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #61742 on: May 11, 2013, 02:08:41 am »

The same asshole who's been fucking my course the entire semester stood me and my partner up for a project meeting he'd specifically pushed us to come to after we tried to cancel.  We've emailed twice and he hasn't replied.

Hit things with crowbars? Throw random switches? Grab a gravity gun and go nuts?
Make a deal with Gman?
I don't think Gordon ever actually made a deal with the G-Man. Or maybe he did and we just never hear it.

He did. At the end of HL1. The Gman gives you a job offer. you can accept, or be teleported into a place filled with the hardest mobs in the game, with you having no weapons.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61743 on: May 11, 2013, 02:11:53 am »

Hit things with crowbars? Throw random switches? Grab a gravity gun and go nuts?
Make a deal with Gman?
I don't think Gordon ever actually made a deal with the G-Man. Or maybe he did and we just never hear it.

He did. At the end of HL1. The Gman gives you a job offer. you can accept, or be teleported into a place filled with the hardest mobs in the game, with you having no weapons.
That can be filed under coercion, which is of dubious legality. If someone said "be my slave and fulfill my every wish or I'll drop you into that pit filled with hungry crocodiles", any court of law would support you agreeing to become a slave only to escape or call the police at first opportunity. G-Man only gets away with it because he appears to be nigh-omnipotent.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #61744 on: May 11, 2013, 02:20:48 am »

Appears to be, yes.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #61745 on: May 11, 2013, 02:33:00 am »

Umm... I don't remember this?  Is this something they added in later?  I've only played through the original release of the game, way back in... *looks it up*... 1998...
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61746 on: May 11, 2013, 02:36:51 am »

Umm... I don't remember this?  Is this something they added in later?  I've only played through the original release of the game, way back in... *looks it up*... 1998...

I'm pretty sure it's always been there.

Spoiler: End of game spoilers (click to show/hide)
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #61747 on: May 11, 2013, 02:39:23 am »

I remember there being something like this.  I just don't remember being given a choice.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61748 on: May 11, 2013, 02:45:20 am »

I remember there being something like this.  I just don't remember being given a choice.

Eh, it's a vague choice. The door of the tram opens but since it looks like a cut scene still (as you have no weapons) people could overlook the fact that you can move.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #61749 on: May 11, 2013, 03:00:46 am »

Eh, it's a vague choice. The door of the tram opens but since it looks like a cut scene still (as you have no weapons) people could overlook the fact that you can move.

That's probably what happened with me.  I remembered it as pretty much being abducted and stored away in some suspended space/time dimensional prison thing or something.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #61750 on: May 11, 2013, 05:26:48 am »

My dad is yelling at my mom and my mom is crying. This is probably the first time in ever that I remember my mom crying. Why the fuck do I have to hear this ;_;

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61751 on: May 11, 2013, 11:43:40 am »

Ugh... woke up in a horrible mood. Had some really annoying dreams about my past, there's usually someone I can talk to about this stuff, but they've been out of communication for about three days with no notice... this is unusual for them...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61752 on: May 11, 2013, 02:59:37 pm »

That guy still hasn't replied to my emails.  I am so fucking stressed and we have less than a week to finish this, and he isn't willing to do the bare fucking minimum to help us out.

And my friends keep 'splaining to me that you just have to kiss up, that's just the way it is, stop complaining, same boat for everyone but they haven't been sexually harassed by the folks writing them recommendation letters and they aren't being asked if a graduate program wouldn't be too much of a commitment and they aren't dealing with this.  They are dealing with something but they aren't dealing with this.

And you know, a certain professor here won a sexism suit some twenty years ago and students are still questioning her competency and her right to be here and generally badmouthing her, so why would I possibly start whistleblowing on these people when I'm only an undergrad?

I want this to all stop.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61753 on: May 11, 2013, 03:12:58 pm »

Do you need him to do the project? Can you exclude him for non-participation? Can you approach the Prof about it?

Just a few suggestions. That kind of crap is supposed to be over after High School. Sorry you got stuck in a group with a buttmunch, but if that's the only way to deal, that's the only way to deal.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61754 on: May 11, 2013, 03:15:41 pm »

This is the teacher.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 4115 4116 [4117] 4118 4119 ... 8167