Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4108 4109 [4110] 4111 4112 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9451413 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #61635 on: May 09, 2013, 12:38:17 am »

Race is never an excuse to be a jackass... Shun him!
Shuuuuuuun!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61636 on: May 09, 2013, 12:53:22 am »

We're on a bridge, Charlie!
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #61637 on: May 09, 2013, 12:56:38 am »

In my copy of War and Peace, the untranslated French or whatever was in the very back of the book as a huge footnote. Raeg. :<
This happens to me all the time with footnotes. "Why should I have to go to the back of the book to look at something I don't care about?"
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61638 on: May 09, 2013, 12:57:13 am »

Arguing with folks about race on the internet oh god why.

"I am oppressed, therefore I get to say as many 'I hate white people' comments as I want and they have to take it seriously but not say anything and still be good friends with me!"

Yeah buster, I don't think so.

Yea... You know what sucks about being a white, heterosexual male? Being considered by some as a 'safe target'.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61639 on: May 09, 2013, 01:17:14 am »

His friends doing backup vocals had to even admit that he was wrong :I
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61640 on: May 09, 2013, 01:40:23 am »

I simply don't know what to think of my current situation, but it's not a happy one:

It feels like things with Deli Girl have rapidly gone downhill for reasons outside of my control, and I'm not sure if I should stick around to see how things work out, or if it would be wise to jump ship before any undue grief befalls me. My feelings on the matter are whiplashing back and forth.

Our first and second dates went really well! I don't think they could've gone better.

Our third date was going to dinner together, and this is where things started going awry. We set a time to meet, but she was at her mother's place, a location I didn't know. I ask her via text where it was before heading out to see her, and she doesn't answer me back. It's a solid forty minutes after our agreed upon time before she finally calls me, saying she forgot and was hanging out with some friends. Then she says she just wants to call her friend back before calling me back. I go to chill out at my uncle's place during, and it's approximately an hour and twenty minutes for a combined total of two hours before she calls me back and informs me where she is and that she's ready.

We go out to eat, and we have a nice date I think, I pay the whole tab without even thinking about it, and right after that she doesn't really want to do anything else but go back to her friends'. Still, we drive around and talk for a bit, going around some scenic routes. I'm a little bit of a worse driver than I usually am, but not dangerously bad. I drop her off back at her Mom's house. That was Saturday.

Then Monday, she texts me in the afternoon asking me how I'm doing, and we both have the day off so I ask if we could hang out. She thinks that's a cool idea, and we set up a time, but right before I set out to leave she texts me back along the lines "Hold on, I'm going to the store real fast. I'll tell you when I'm back home.". So I wait a bit, and by a bit I mean another solid two hours, before I text her again and only then she texts me back saying she has to go to her Mom's and she'll call me later, with no other explanation. I'm visibly upset by this, just because I got forgotten about again and now I'm brushed off when I thought we were making plans. It would only be tomorrow when I straight ask her what happened does she explain that she had to suddenly go babysit for her sister, which I would have understood had she told me instead of leaving me to fume for a day, not knowing what was up.

Now Wednesday, today, when she texts me out of the blue asking for a BIG favor. I ask what it is. She wants to borrow 150 dollars to help buy a car from some guy. I'm simply not sure what is up. I want to help, but I simply can't sanely loan her that money, we've only been dating for almost four weeks now, and she's given me a few doubts in my head at that. I text her back saying I want to talk with her when I get out of work, and we'll talk about it. I get out of work, granted it's a little late, 11:30pm, but no reply from either the text or the call... What the hell is up with this girl?

I'm not sure what to do or what to think about her and what's happening. Things started off so awesomely amazingly good, it's just these last few days that are so damn bizarre and off-putting, and her communication with me has gotten so dodgy and inconsistent, and so quickly at that. I'm currently piecing together what my next course of action should be.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 01:43:46 am by JoshuaFH »

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #61641 on: May 09, 2013, 01:45:48 am »

150 bucks? You know its one thing to forget about stuff but another to completely blow it out of your mind, if she couldn't even the time to say "Sorry!" while babysitting... sorry bro you are getting played.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #61642 on: May 09, 2013, 01:46:46 am »

I'd cut her off immediately, but you know the situation better than me.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61643 on: May 09, 2013, 02:00:13 am »

I'd assume that something big and horrible is going on in her life and assume that you're going to wait a bit and then she's going to explain and apologize.  If she doesn't, drop her immediately.  This sounds like it could be a family/friend emergency; maybe not.  But your side on reaching out is over with.

I'm unhappy because I've been asked to a year-end celebratory dinner for a literature seminar I completely dominated and I can't go because it's too fucking expensive.  Apparently the average is $30 per person if you don't get drinks and don't eat to actually fill yourself, including $6 for four brussels sprouts and $15 for a bowl of soup.

Nuh-uh, guys.  Now I have to email my professor and explain to her that I can't go, and why.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61644 on: May 09, 2013, 02:03:16 am »

~Snip
Well you know what they say, if you stand too close you might fall in, but if your too far gone you'll never win.
Ok, so nobody said that, I got it from a song.

Point is maybe you came off a little too needy? "Oh, you were hanging with friends for two hours while we were meant to meet up? I was just sitting her by the phone getting upset." isn't the best of images.
You know the situation better than anybody, so you should be trusting your own judgment most, but don't let your self respect suffer for a pretty face. If she is making you wait, find something else to do, if she is asking for a sum of money that you don't want to part with, tell her to find it some other way.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #61645 on: May 09, 2013, 02:05:10 am »

In my copy of War and Peace, the untranslated French or whatever was in the very back of the book as a huge footnote. Raeg. :<
This happens to me all the time with footnotes. "Why should I have to go to the back of the book to look at something I don't care about?"
You should read terry pratchett books. Sometimes the footnotes take up most of the page, and have their own foot notes.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61646 on: May 09, 2013, 02:07:19 am »

Infinite Jest defeats them all :I

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61647 on: May 09, 2013, 02:10:39 am »

You should read terry pratchett books. Sometimes the footnotes take up most of the page, and have their own foot notes.
Yes but Pratchett foot notes are worth reading.
I'm still waiting for the book where he dedicates a full fifteen pages to a single foot note, just as the final act of self parody.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #61648 on: May 09, 2013, 02:12:06 am »

Now you guys reminded me of Terry Pratchett :(
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #61649 on: May 09, 2013, 02:12:29 am »

I'd assume that something big and horrible is going on in her life and assume that you're going to wait a bit and then she's going to explain and apologize.  If she doesn't, drop her immediately.  This sounds like it could be a family/friend emergency; maybe not.  But your side on reaching out is over with.

I'm unhappy because I've been asked to a year-end celebratory dinner for a literature seminar I completely dominated and I can't go because it's too fucking expensive.  Apparently the average is $30 per person if you don't get drinks and don't eat to actually fill yourself, including $6 for four brussels sprouts and $15 for a bowl of soup.

Nuh-uh, guys.  Now I have to email my professor and explain to her that I can't go, and why.
Holy shit, i pay that much for a endless pile of sushi O_o
no damn soup is worth that much.
Pages: 1 ... 4108 4109 [4110] 4111 4112 ... 8167