Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4101 4102 [4103] 4104 4105 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9448670 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #61530 on: May 06, 2013, 11:25:13 pm »

I sure as hell don't miss the sports, or the drug addicts. Miss my friends though. Everyone left me :C
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61531 on: May 06, 2013, 11:28:33 pm »

Only two more days until I turn 30.  No longer qualify even loosely as 'young adult'.
Thankfully, I have until September until that happens.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #61532 on: May 06, 2013, 11:29:26 pm »

Put me in the "still there" category.

I have slightly over a year left of it, but yeh. I'mma join this club.
I barely notice it anymore, but I think I qualify for this.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #61533 on: May 07, 2013, 01:20:22 am »

If things go well, I'll be out of college again by September and done for good.  I want to get out of school so bad right now.  I'm 26 and so sick of teachers and homework and schedules and AUGH just give me a job so I can get out of here.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61534 on: May 07, 2013, 01:28:47 am »

Yeah.  I want to get out of school so bad and just can't quite to get the motivation, so this is the first time in my school career I've started actually offering myself copious rewards for just getting my schoolwork done.  Typically I spend very little money on stuff, so I've got a lot saved up.  Now I'm like "Okay, if I get this essay done then I'll go buy this DVD, and when I get this one done I'll get a cheap game and promise myself I'll go see Thor 2 on opening night or summat."

I feel kind of horrible because there's a lot of people who don't have this option, but on the other hand I am here cheerfully writing an essay about Keatsian ekphrasis, so go figure.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #61535 on: May 07, 2013, 01:31:28 am »

i remember my high school after i left it so far spawned more potheads, a sick murderer, and a sex video.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #61536 on: May 07, 2013, 02:41:56 am »

I'm in high school abroad for about two more months minus a week break, as part of my gap year. I'm the only exchange student in the school, which functions more as a factory for getting upper-middle-class smart kids to pass their university entrance exams, since, if they don't, their lives are forfeit. And if you're not taking the exam...well, you just sit there and try and get away with doing as much of your own thing as you can without pissing off the school shrink too much.

I hate it.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61537 on: May 07, 2013, 03:39:04 am »

I feel worried about myself. My mood tends to fluctuate from happy to suicidally depressed, and then back. Fortunately, I fear sharp objects, so I've never been able to slit or wound myself. But there are times where I genuinely think I don't deserve to live, and they come just as quick as they leave.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #61538 on: May 07, 2013, 10:07:05 am »

Two hours. Text. Story-bound prose and words. Poetry made for a children's story.

*poof*

* Laptop dies due to loose battery cord-plug.

Hello all-nighters. Time to replace what was lost.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #61539 on: May 07, 2013, 10:18:02 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61540 on: May 07, 2013, 12:11:05 pm »

Yeah.  I want to get out of school so bad and just can't quite to get the motivation, so this is the first time in my school career I've started actually offering myself copious rewards for just getting my schoolwork done.  Typically I spend very little money on stuff, so I've got a lot saved up.  Now I'm like "Okay, if I get this essay done then I'll go buy this DVD, and when I get this one done I'll get a cheap game and promise myself I'll go see Thor 2 on opening night or summat."

I feel kind of horrible because there's a lot of people who don't have this option, but on the other hand I am here cheerfully writing an essay about Keatsian ekphrasis, so go figure.
I've been trying for this, it sort of worked in that it made me feel better about having accomplished certain objective, but it doesn't seem to have made me more motivated to accomplish them.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61541 on: May 07, 2013, 12:45:14 pm »

Fortunately, it seems to be working for me thus far.  I'd usually get one of these sorts of things per year ($20-$30 in cost), but now I'm sort of going "fuck it, I've been saving for years and years and years, I'm going to go spend a couple hundred dollars in celebration."

Pretty excited, actually.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61542 on: May 07, 2013, 01:45:30 pm »

Maybe it would help if I wasn't aware how secure the position I'm in is... I mean I've gotten slightly over 100% total on all assignments so far, and while this final is 25% of my grade, that's still only a C if I completely fail it. And while I would be sad if I got a C, I'm probably not going to be all that beat up about it...

That said I would like to get an A, which means I have to get at least 80% of the final right... I'm feeling fairly confident I can do that without any extra studying, but I really should sit down and make sure I do this revision... Yet I still find myself procrastinating like crazy.

Point is, I think I'm suffering from doing too well, but not quite too well enough.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61543 on: May 07, 2013, 02:00:27 pm »

Yeah, see, I'll definitely pass whether I half-ass this stuff or not--but I want to go out with a bang, not a whimper :I

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61544 on: May 07, 2013, 02:08:08 pm »

You might just be better motivated than me...
Pages: 1 ... 4101 4102 [4103] 4104 4105 ... 8167