Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4097 4098 [4099] 4100 4101 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446972 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #61470 on: May 04, 2013, 11:03:33 pm »

I don't have an ACCEnt key.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61471 on: May 05, 2013, 01:06:26 am »

Dude, how do you give up on dating someone without feeling massively sad?  I know what I need to do, but it's making me unhappy =/
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #61472 on: May 05, 2013, 01:10:31 am »

Are you certain you want to give it up?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61473 on: May 05, 2013, 01:16:43 am »

Well. . . it's a good question . . .

I dunno, maybe I'm so sure it wouldn't work only because I'm uncertain of my abilities.  I don't feel that I know the other person well enough to make a move or whatever.  I'd rather get a better idea of his positions and feelings about things.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #61474 on: May 05, 2013, 01:21:42 am »

No one ever got anywhere in a relationship without experiencing some kind of issues. As I heard it best, if you ever get to know someone without seriously disagreeing or questioning your relationship with them, you didn't really know them at all. No two people are that alike.

If you're unhappy with the relationship, then you should give it up. If you are trying to force yourself to give it up because of some kind of issue that's coming out of your own head, then you are making a mistake and should talk to this person about your concerns instead.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61475 on: May 05, 2013, 01:24:07 am »

We aren't exactly in a relationship.  It's a "should I stop thinking about pursuing this person."

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #61476 on: May 05, 2013, 01:26:13 am »

You said you're dating this person, which is close enough to what I had in mind.

I question your use of the word "pursuit", if you are dating. By that stage I'd imagine you two have a mutual interest.

EDIT: I can't read, apparently. In that case, why are you holding off because of uncertainty? You aren't ever going to be certain if you hold off for it.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 01:29:30 am by MetalSlimeHunt »
No Gods, No Masters.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61477 on: May 05, 2013, 02:25:20 am »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 04:24:51 pm by Ogdibus »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61478 on: May 05, 2013, 02:36:07 am »

Like I said, I figured out that I haven't had a date in this long because I simply haven't been flirting.  Because I'm scared to.  And because I don't want to make anything awkward between us.

Eh, I had my first rejection and my first really bad breakup in close succession, and now I've got cold feet.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #61479 on: May 05, 2013, 03:08:01 am »

Will you look back five years from now and be glad you never took the chance?
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61480 on: May 05, 2013, 03:13:15 am »

If I fuck up this gaming group by dating within it, then yes, I am going to regret that five years from now, and ten years from now, and possibly even fifteen.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #61481 on: May 05, 2013, 03:18:25 am »

How are you going to regret the collapse of a gaming group in fifteen years?

But more to the point, I don't think asking someone out on a date is likely to collapse any social circle you'd want to remain in. If that is the case you are probably in a hair-trigger environment.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61482 on: May 05, 2013, 04:04:49 am »

Well, because if my dudely involvements destroy every friend group I make from high school through college, I'm going to be sort of sad at myself.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #61483 on: May 05, 2013, 04:09:03 am »

I reiterate, if that happens you probably need better friends in the first place.

You also said you'd be miserable to not pursue this person, so the only outcome that does not end in Sad Vector is going for it and hoping for the best.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61484 on: May 05, 2013, 04:10:55 am »

*thumbs up*

I like the way you think.  That's pretty similar to the way I think when I am not having a major attack of the sads, and I salute you.

Pages: 1 ... 4097 4098 [4099] 4100 4101 ... 8167