Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4066 4067 [4068] 4069 4070 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9424358 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #61005 on: April 29, 2013, 10:14:54 pm »

It's just because you see the cute viking lad to the left, probably.

He'd make fucking Judge Dredd smile.
Does Dredd have a love interest? I don't remember him having oh I read that differently than I should have
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61006 on: April 29, 2013, 10:16:00 pm »

Edit: Sirus, to be serious, most of what I say is -not- innuendo laden but everyone just finds some in it because it's me saying it. Seriously.
Trust me, it's annoying when anyone does it, not just chibi vikings.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61007 on: April 29, 2013, 10:18:21 pm »

Edit: Sirus, to be serious, most of what I say is -not- innuendo laden but everyone just finds some in it because it's me saying it. Seriously.
Trust me, it's annoying when anyone does it, not just chibi vikings.
Maybe but that's not on me, that's on everyone else. >_>
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #61008 on: April 29, 2013, 10:56:57 pm »

How about some relaxing Sirus? Being sour for the sake of it is at minimum just as tiring as poor innuendo.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61009 on: April 29, 2013, 11:11:59 pm »

How about some relaxing Sirus? Being sour for the sake of it is at minimum just as tiring as poor innuendo.
It fits the thread better, though.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #61010 on: April 29, 2013, 11:15:23 pm »

Mm... and we do kinda' have a problem with segueing off in the innuendo direction, down here. It helps a bit when someone conscientious calls folks on it when it starts getting excessive. B12's not really the place for that sort of thing (though many of the regular posters seem somewhat inclined towards it >_>), and it's ran some people off/kept some folks who'd rather not deal with it from contributing. Not so much a "stop having fun" thing as "please have fun in the appropriately labeled cubicles" sorta' thing, y'know?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #61011 on: April 30, 2013, 01:18:42 am »

Where are these fun cubicles you speak of?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #61012 on: April 30, 2013, 02:01:24 am »

Does Dredd have a love interest?
The Law?

Then again.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61013 on: April 30, 2013, 03:06:29 am »

I'm feeling depressed for some what shallow, first world problems that amount to little more than childish nobody-understands-me-ism.
I have a rational mindset, telling me that there is no problem and have no excuse to be upset, but then I have this totally irrational, emotional mindset that just wants to freak out and have a bit of a fit.

Hate this feeling. At least if I was over emotional about everything I could enjoy the pathetic self indulgence, in the whiny emo kid kind of way...

AlmightyOne

• Bay Watcher
  • You and what lightning fingers???
    • View Profile
« Reply #61014 on: April 30, 2013, 03:20:00 am »

I'm feeling depressed for some what shallow, first world problems that amount to little more than childish nobody-understands-me-ism.
I have a rational mindset, telling me that there is no problem and have no excuse to be upset, but then I have this totally irrational, emotional mindset that just wants to freak out and have a bit of a fit.

Hate this feeling. At least if I was over emotional about everything I could enjoy the pathetic self indulgence, in the whiny emo kid kind of way...
Hate when that happens. It feels like I have two personalities who are continuously in conflict with each other. And in particularly bad times(or maybe even extremely good times?), my rational mind loses the battle.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61015 on: April 30, 2013, 09:57:33 am »

Or, Max White, it could be the first world is rationally saddling you with perfectly legitimate complaints that you have difficulty understanding because they seem contrary to the message that same society is constantly barraging you with.

So, which feelings are REALLY the rational ones? The part of you telling you there is no problem and no reason to be upset, echoing what society desperately wants you to believe and what you desperately want to be the case, or the deep seated feeling you can't quite explain, that is having difficulty clarifying or justifying itself but leaves you with a feeling that something is actually wrong?

Are either of those really rational?

AlmightyOne

• Bay Watcher
  • You and what lightning fingers???
    • View Profile
« Reply #61016 on: April 30, 2013, 10:43:43 am »

Or, Max White, it could be the first world is rationally saddling you with perfectly legitimate complaints that you have difficulty understanding because they seem contrary to the message that same society is constantly barraging you with.

So, which feelings are REALLY the rational ones? The part of you telling you there is no problem and no reason to be upset, echoing what society desperately wants you to believe and what you desperately want to be the case, or the deep seated feeling you can't quite explain, that is having difficulty clarifying or justifying itself but leaves you with a feeling that something is actually wrong?

Are either of those really rational?
You are SERIOUSLY good at consoling that poor chap, are you? :P

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #61017 on: April 30, 2013, 11:00:25 am »

* Loud Whispers punched self in face today.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61018 on: April 30, 2013, 11:09:33 am »

* Descan soothes the silent blaring~
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61019 on: April 30, 2013, 11:17:15 am »

The whole concept behind "first world problems" is bullshit.

If something is distressing you, it's distressing you. You don't have to justify it beyond that. You have a right to feel bad. "Other people have it worse" doesn't change that in any way shape or form.

The only point where "first world problems," "other people have it worse," etc is relevant is if you start putting your comparatively minor problems over another's comparatively major ones (and do note that "comparatively" is very important). A broken nail isn't more important than say, a bullet wound, but if no one's been shot nearby, your broken nail still hurts like hell and needs to be treated.

If anyone tells you to stop whining, they're almost certainly just making up excuses to not care and justify their jackassery.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 4066 4067 [4068] 4069 4070 ... 8167