Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4016 4017 [4018] 4019 4020 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9441048 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #60255 on: April 11, 2013, 11:26:16 pm »

Get glasses (or contacts, if that floats your boat) as soon as possible. You'll feel better.

This is actually an upside to deteriorating vision. Every time you update your prescription you get to experience the world in Ultra-HD all over again. I'm pretty sure my father thought I was high when I first got my glasses, but nope, just happy at seeing the world.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #60256 on: April 11, 2013, 11:30:26 pm »

When I first got my glasses, I was weirded out at the perspective. Everything seemed distorted--too far, for the most part.

Turns out I don't need glasses.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60257 on: April 11, 2013, 11:30:58 pm »

Lots of people need glasses sooner or later, Joshua. I started wearing glasses when I was in 6th grade, and got newer updated ones just a couple of years ago. Both of my parents wear glasses (though they're the opposite of mine; they need reading glasses up close while I need glasses for far-away stuff), and my sister might need them as well.

Point is, it's nothing to hate yourself over. Heck, you might be one of those people who look twenty times cooler with them!

FAKE EDIT @ MSH: Heh, yeah. When I got my glasses, I was shocked at how sharp the world actually looked. I remember looking at the moon one night after getting them and freaking out because I could actually see the craters and stuff :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60258 on: April 11, 2013, 11:31:49 pm »

Get glasses (or contacts, if that floats your boat) as soon as possible. You'll feel better.

This is actually an upside to deteriorating vision. Every time you update your prescription you get to experience the world in Ultra-HD all over again. I'm pretty sure my father thought I was high when I first got my glasses, but nope, just happy at seeing the world.

Haha, I lost all ability to judge distance for a while.  It was kind of hilarious, because I'd get on top of stuff and no idea how far away the ground was.

Went away after a couple hours every time, though.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #60259 on: April 11, 2013, 11:34:36 pm »

I'd get on top of stuff and no idea how far away the ground was.

:'(
Every day of my life.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60260 on: April 12, 2013, 12:18:44 am »

Bitcoins seem to be the new "OMG WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE BUY GOLD NOW" scheme to separate fools from their money.

I swear to god bitcoins could only be more obvious if they were called "Pyramidcoins."

You just gave me a whole new way to think about the pyramids that appear on U.S. bills.

And he gave me a great new idea for a regulation-free online currency. If anyone wants to invest into Pyramidcoins, just PM me. They're currently worth $0 a pop, so they can only go up!
At $0 a pop, I'll take a bazillion.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #60261 on: April 12, 2013, 12:29:20 am »

I may have devalued my currency too quickly.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #60262 on: April 12, 2013, 12:31:16 am »

Bitcoin markets are the ultimate pyramid scheme.

Because you can cash out and jump back in at the top of the pyramid repeatedly.

All you have to be able to do is Sell high, create a DDoS attack capable of disrupting major bitcoin exchanges, and then rebuy after the price drops, then allow the market to recover unmolested. Repeat until bored. Its a LOT harder to manipulate stock prices like that.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #60263 on: April 12, 2013, 12:33:49 am »

I still wish i had bought some back when they where like $4 a piece.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #60264 on: April 12, 2013, 12:48:31 am »

Debating depression.

I'm against the idea that I have it, but I'm making some good arguments for it; I have free counseling available, still being in high school, but I'd rather not bother when there were 2 suicides recently, one of which hit some close friends pretty hard. If I ever have a suicidal thought (18 years and still not one), I'll seek help. For now, I'll see if a good night's sleep will reinvigorate me.

I think finally finishing fortbent five, followed by Frankenstein, forced these feelings; I have nothing to work on anymore, nothing to read, nothing to accomplish, nothing to conquer, nothing. Frankenstein was a temporary occupation, anyway; most difficult book I've ever read, yes, but damn easy to read regardless. Right now, I have no unfinished projects, nothing with something obvious to do. But do I not care because of that, or do I feel that due to my apathy?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60265 on: April 12, 2013, 12:53:25 am »

That sounds to me like you're mostly in a between-projects lull.  I'd just try waiting a while... just chill a bit.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #60266 on: April 12, 2013, 01:01:07 am »

I know the lull. This feels like a bit more. I always have ideas--I have 5 mods!--but now I... don't care. I don't care even about ideas. Heck, I'm pretty sure I left a new version of Fortbent languishing, but I don't really want to finish it. That scares me. I may be blowing this out of proportion, but I have never felt this apathetic before, and it's freaking me the hell out.

Chilling is good, though. I'll chill; that's what I was planning on.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #60267 on: April 12, 2013, 01:07:28 am »

Go read Anathem, it's ridiculously long and hard, but modern. :3
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60268 on: April 12, 2013, 01:09:19 am »

Also, Dream of the Red Chamber, Infinite Jest, and The Discovery of Heaven.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #60269 on: April 12, 2013, 01:10:12 am »

Putnam, you should help me create an easily exploitable e-currency.
Pages: 1 ... 4016 4017 [4018] 4019 4020 ... 8167