Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4012 4013 [4014] 4015 4016 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446592 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #60195 on: April 09, 2013, 10:30:42 pm »

Try the salmon! :D

What?  I'm married!    :o   :P
Are you saying a married man can't be fried?

Man... I think I'm already fried today.  (so long as the game is free subversion of context here)

Sleep has been rather screwed the last couple days.  Got myself an energy drink to get through work tonight.  Normally I get one of the big Monsters with the screw-on lid, and only drink like 1/3 of it in a night, without needing to exercise any self-restraint.  Tonight I feel a massive urge to just down the thing.

And my mind is constantly wandering in the most random directions.  Spacing out constantly.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #60196 on: April 09, 2013, 10:57:32 pm »

So I was doing a 12 or 13? hour shift at work, pulling yet another miracle out of my ass... And I ate candy for dinner, only to just get home and find out that my mother actually cooked some edible food tonight! fuck it all, I soooo need a raise.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #60197 on: April 09, 2013, 11:01:26 pm »

Just read Animal Farm. MotherF*CKER, George Orwell, when you write satire, you write good satire.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #60198 on: April 09, 2013, 11:17:44 pm »

Feelin' depressed.

Spoiler: Wall o' Ramblin' Text (click to show/hide)

If you excuse me, I'm gonna go dig myself into a corner for the next millennium. Disregard post.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #60199 on: April 09, 2013, 11:36:46 pm »

Request to disregard post denied. 

The people around you that seem perfectly happy and normal in high school are mostly losers who are only that way because they are living carefree right now.  I also found high school completely de-motivating and ended up wasting a lot of my time on doing nothing because of it, and most every high school student I've known who actually cares about anything has reacted the same way.  There are only a couple subjects in high school (in my experience, anyway) that are taught in a style that tries to get you to actually understand the subject.  Everything else only teaches you to jump through hoops like a good little patriotic gear in a machine.  Things change drastically when you escape that hell.  The chronic misfit underachievers go through an adjustment period where everything's a mess, but then motivation drastically increases because life is no longer about being force fed empty bullshit just to prove you can regurgitate it anymore.

So just keep looking to the horizon, because there are changes ahead.  Ending up a drudgery corporate slave is a possibility.  It's a likelihood, even.  But it's not the same as what you're going through now, where you have no choice.  There's no escaping high school.  You just have to get through it.  And it's depressing.  There IS escaping corporate slavery, and just having that potential there can make such a big difference in your outlook.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60200 on: April 10, 2013, 03:15:59 am »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 04:03:33 pm by Ogdibus »

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #60201 on: April 10, 2013, 03:20:31 am »

I just watched hunger.
Its ok, I didn't need to ever feel a sense of happiness again.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #60202 on: April 10, 2013, 03:44:54 am »

I've been studying for a two test this week.

I just heard that I already failed for one of the two courses, without even taking the test. I also just found out the the other test in not in two days, as I thought, but in three months.

Blergh.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60203 on: April 10, 2013, 05:20:05 am »

I miss my mom.
Ever since she turned herself for witness protection concerning that dreaded event last year, I haven't been able to see her since. She left around December 2012. Now, it's now 1/4 of 2013, and I still haven't been able to see her. The one responsible for all this was a relative of one of the Malaysian government peoples, and he was (un)fortunately apprehended there. Our f**king government decided they wanted the Malaysians to handle the situation first, and decided to wait instead of enforcing their claim on that f**ker. It was either the perpetrator shows up, or my mom waited until all the cases against the company (and in effect, also her) would be finished and she won all of those.

So, I guess I have to go through the slow path and wait for approximately 2 years. It could be even more, depending on what outlandish accusation the muslim mob has to claim.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #60204 on: April 10, 2013, 05:21:23 am »

Damn :/

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #60205 on: April 10, 2013, 05:22:01 am »

That is horrible!
I'm very sorry to hear that New Guy, I hope things work out in the end.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60206 on: April 10, 2013, 06:03:40 am »

Gonna fail the exam I was easily the most prepared for

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #60207 on: April 10, 2013, 06:09:59 am »

* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60208 on: April 10, 2013, 06:20:50 am »

This... Just this

There is so much "How does this happen?" that I am perplexed as to what I should think.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60209 on: April 10, 2013, 10:08:07 am »

This... Just this
I think those students need their heads putting through walls.

I'd say it'd knock some sense into them, but they probably have a sense (and moral) deficit.

It isn't exactly that.

Think back to Lord of the Flies when they dropped a boulder on a kid. They didn't do it to hurt or kill the child, they just really weren't thinking.

It was likely that the students involved (not the one who took the picture) weren't thinking.

Either that or there is missing information (Which there is) that is important.

Mind you, at the same time I really wonder if I should blame the girl for committing suicide. A certain part of me says that I shouldn't romanticise it by putting the blame entirely on the kids and by doing so I am only condoning her suicide. Another part of me says that mental instability says that she likely wasn't in control of her own actions. At the same time unlike most "Cyberbullying" articles this one actually involved something genuinly horrific rather then simple harsh bullying.

I am very heartless, intentionally, sometimes but the only way to enlightenment is to consider all sides and angles to an arguement even if one is the easiest.

Either way it was tragic and I wish her parents my deepest sympathies.
Pages: 1 ... 4012 4013 [4014] 4015 4016 ... 8167