Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3988 3989 [3990] 3991 3992 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9458350 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #59835 on: March 31, 2013, 11:39:58 pm »

The joke might yet lead to the reality. Still, Takei is a bit old to keep up the acting career now.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #59836 on: March 31, 2013, 11:45:42 pm »

Okay, I keep hitting "Mark All Messages as Read" in my New Replies inbox but this thread won't go away. I checked a couple times for new posts. There were none (as if you guys were post every 2 seconds for an entire minute). Is my computer trying to tell me something? I feel okay. Maybe I'm finally becoming a dwarf, where every moment is utter pain and suffering going nuts.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #59837 on: March 31, 2013, 11:46:55 pm »

The joke might yet lead to the reality. Still, Takei is a bit old to keep up the acting career now.
Christopher Lee recorded a rock album at whatever age he's at; Takei should be fine.
I think. Maybe it's a bit unfair to compare them.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #59838 on: April 01, 2013, 12:10:51 am »

Okay, I keep hitting "Mark All Messages as Read" in my New Replies inbox but this thread won't go away. I checked a couple times for new posts. There were none (as if you guys were post every 2 seconds for an entire minute). Is my computer trying to tell me something? I feel okay. Maybe I'm finally becoming a dwarf, where every moment is utter pain and suffering going nuts.
Sometimes the forum derps up and you get stuck in a loop like this until somebody makes a new post. Don't worry, you're not going crazy. Probably.

I used to live in Minnesota, and basically what the common joke everyone would always say was that there were only two kinds of seasons in Minnesota. Winter, and construction. It's pretty accurate too, I don't remember a year where there hasn't been multiple major roads under construction.
That's how it is in Wisconsin, though for a lot of the roads, it's necessary. Winter simply destroys Wisconsin roads; in a lot of places right now, it looks like someone took a jackhammer to the sides of the roads. It's either winter or magically silenced jackhammer gnomes.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #59839 on: April 01, 2013, 12:16:43 am »

Don't worry, you're not going crazy. Probably.
*gurgle*

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59840 on: April 01, 2013, 12:59:49 am »

I just remembered today is April Fools... I hate april fools.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59841 on: April 01, 2013, 01:09:32 am »

Imagine if NK were to actually launch an attack today. Nobody would do anything because everybody would think it was a joke, in the mean time SK is getting artillery hit to hell.
April fools: The worlds biggest security threat.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #59842 on: April 01, 2013, 01:11:24 am »

Imagine if NK were to actually launch an attack today. Nobody would do anything because everybody would think it was a joke, in the mean time SK is getting artillery hit to hell.
Truefact: Skyrunner was really Kim-Jong Un all along.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59843 on: April 01, 2013, 01:13:22 am »

Well April Fools is dumb enough for that to be an actual joke.

What I hate the most about april fools is that well... the jokes are rarely funny. So it is just an entire day devoted to people annoying you with unfunny jokes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59844 on: April 01, 2013, 01:35:26 am »

Well April Fools is dumb enough for that to be an actual joke.

What I hate the most about april fools is that well... the jokes are rarely funny. So it is just an entire day devoted to people annoying you with unfunny jokes.
Neonevik, don't you understand? That's the point of the whole holiday. For one glorious day the entire paradigm of reality flops on its head and the world laughs and dances in chaos.
At least that's how it was designed to should be.
Sig! Onol

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #59845 on: April 01, 2013, 01:37:12 am »

April Fools Day is now Chaos Worship.
No Gods, No Masters.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59846 on: April 01, 2013, 01:38:51 am »

April Fools Day is now Chaos Worship.
If so, then thank you people for finally following my blueprints.
Sig! Onol

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59847 on: April 01, 2013, 03:40:16 am »

Bleh.  Went to a party.  I think I have conclusively determined that I hate normal-people parties.  Which is to say nothing denigrating to the party itself, because I don't think that there was anything in particular wrong with it in a fundamental, objective way.  I think we've just got a water and oil situation.

Whatever.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #59848 on: April 01, 2013, 03:43:24 am »

Bleh.  Went to a party.  I think I have conclusively determined that I hate normal-people parties.  Which is to say nothing denigrating to the party itself, because I don't think that there was anything in particular wrong with it in a fundamental, objective way.  I think we've just got a water and oil situation.

Whatever.
Stick to adventuring parties.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59849 on: April 01, 2013, 03:44:11 am »

Yeah.  I got toasted for my GRE scores and everyone gasped, which was nice, but I just felt so damn out of place.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 3988 3989 [3990] 3991 3992 ... 8167