Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3985 3986 [3987] 3988 3989 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9460121 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #59790 on: March 30, 2013, 12:20:50 am »

It takes a truly dwarfy badass to work through such a boatload of issues.  You remind me of the military commander I had that had his arm broken by a squad of 3 goblins.  This caused him to drop his axe, so he proceeded to punch all 3 goblins to death with his broken arm.  Let's hope that you can find a doctor who doesn't run off drinking for an entire month while you're strapped to the traction bench!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 12:23:36 am by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59791 on: March 30, 2013, 12:29:04 am »

It takes a truly dwarfy badass to work through such a boatload of issues. 
Well, I appreciate that. Note: I've never punched someone with a broken arm. Also, I probably have to finish my fey mood (see: P&P game) before they strap me to the table. I refuse to die until it's finished. (Which is probably why I haven't finished it yet. >.>)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #59792 on: March 30, 2013, 12:45:16 am »

Any info about on that P&P game?
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59793 on: March 30, 2013, 01:38:11 am »

Aside from the info in my sig? I'll bite the elephant a few times over spring break, if that's worth anything.

Further Sad/Ow: I've now rocked my daughter to sleep three times tonight. Fucking ow, my back.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 01:41:57 am by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59794 on: March 30, 2013, 01:52:19 am »

Merging and rotating pdfs. I feel soiled. I wanna cry  :'(

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #59795 on: March 30, 2013, 02:11:06 am »

Aside from the info in my sig? I'll bite the elephant a few times over spring break, if that's worth anything.

Silly non-sig-reading me.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59796 on: March 30, 2013, 03:13:56 pm »

I find myself feeling like I should place a post in the sad thread far more often than I by any rational means should have. Good thing I stop myself from doing so at least half the time, though.

This night's sads sponsored by the "you had everything you dreamed of and fucked it up" foundation. Such cases.

it continues why ;-;

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #59797 on: March 30, 2013, 06:03:27 pm »

I turn 30 in about 5 weeks.  It's rather daunting.  One the one hand, I'm intensely aware that I've so far gone no where with my life.  On the other hand, this is shaping up to be a year of drastic change, and the best opportunity I've ever had to break that trend.  One way or another, I'm leaving the only company I've ever worked for.  It's likely I won't even have a choice.  At about the same, my wife is graduating.  There's a lot of opportunity there, but also the imminent threat of student loan payments.  So I have the most opportunity ever to finally break this rusty cage and start making a real life for myself, but then if I fail to do so, I'll probably end up in another trap that will once again hold me for who knows how long.  I'm looking at Year 30 as make or break, and I'm both optimistic and terrified.
Hear hear. I'm slated to finally get my associate's degree this year, so that I can finally get a real job, so that I can finally get health insurance, so that I can finally get my back (broken in a number of ways,)/neck (suspected minor disc slippage and/or herniation, confirmed nerve issues,)/arm (completely asleep from the shoulder down, ???)/knees (suspected minor tears to ligaments and meniscus [confirmed] in various tournaments,)/ankle (suspected stress fracture, confirmed wearing of cartilage)/foot (suspected liscfranc injury, confirmed poorly healed stress fractures,)/head (confirmed post-concussion syndrome, depression, suspected manic-depressive,) (protip: martial arts can hurt sometimes,) looked at by someone who will offer more than a "sucks to be you," and finally get these four broken wisdom teeth pulled. I've been waiting on all of these medical issues for at least five years, simply because I can't afford them. Maybe once I stop being in so much pain all the time, I'll actually have the energy to get shit done. Maybe I won't drink as much.

I really, truly do hope you get some kind of help somehow. I really don't know what else to say. :(
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #59798 on: March 30, 2013, 10:11:08 pm »

Welp
 I should be careful not to get injured like max either. No health insurance either though at least i got this cool smartphone.
I do think this gives me a good invincible excuse against my parents to not have to do any school sports.

They still kind of expect me to be getting scholarship level grades because "oooooh but you are so smart" and i guess getting only slightly above average because i cant arse myself to do homework is kind of stupid of me in a non incompetent sort of way... but i don't know..
Maybe i could be in all honors classes like they expect me to. Its not like they're overbearingly high standard for their children, i just happen to have the strongest acedemic ability and jack shit to shpw for it in the end. The classes arent really difficult either...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59799 on: March 30, 2013, 10:14:51 pm »

I really, truly do hope you get some kind of help somehow. I really don't know what else to say. :(
I appreciate the sentiment, but don't worry too much about it. I've lived thus far, and I'll continue to do so. *shrugs*

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59800 on: March 31, 2013, 01:26:00 am »

I appreciate the sentiment, but don't worry too much about it. I've lived thus far, and I'll continue to do so. *shrugs*

T'other day, I was talking to Reudh, and he said you and I have the most interesting lives out of all the Bay12ers he can think of. I have begun to suspect this is indeed the case. It may sound conceited of me to say that, but you know. I did drugs and stuff, which led to some interesting situations. You had fighting and all the crap that's happened in your past.

But both of us are relatively well-adjusted, somewhat happy individuals. :) Right?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #59801 on: March 31, 2013, 01:47:31 am »

I turn 30 in about 5 weeks.  It's rather daunting.  One the one hand, I'm intensely aware that I've so far gone no where with my life.  On the other hand, this is shaping up to be a year of drastic change, and the best opportunity I've ever had to break that trend.  One way or another, I'm leaving the only company I've ever worked for.  It's likely I won't even have a choice.  At about the same, my wife is graduating.  There's a lot of opportunity there, but also the imminent threat of student loan payments.  So I have the most opportunity ever to finally break this rusty cage and start making a real life for myself, but then if I fail to do so, I'll probably end up in another trap that will once again hold me for who knows how long.  I'm looking at Year 30 as make or break, and I'm both optimistic and terrified.
Hear hear. I'm slated to finally get my associate's degree this year, so that I can finally get a real job, so that I can finally get health insurance, so that I can finally get my back (broken in a number of ways,)/neck (suspected minor disc slippage and/or herniation, confirmed nerve issues,)/arm (completely asleep from the shoulder down, ???)/knees (suspected minor tears to ligaments and meniscus [confirmed] in various tournaments,)/ankle (suspected stress fracture, confirmed wearing of cartilage)/foot (suspected liscfranc injury, confirmed poorly healed stress fractures,)/head (confirmed post-concussion syndrome, depression, suspected manic-depressive,) (protip: martial arts can hurt sometimes,) looked at by someone who will offer more than a "sucks to be you," and finally get these four broken wisdom teeth pulled. I've been waiting on all of these medical issues for at least five years, simply because I can't afford them. Maybe once I stop being in so much pain all the time, I'll actually have the energy to get shit done. Maybe I won't drink as much.
Man, really depressing on my side :/ This got my 'sad of the day award,' much more on sympathy and the feeling of "I'd want to help treat that" instead of making me sad.

...Just to ask (as I'm pretty unsure this thing could happen where I live..medicare problem?), is this a normal thing there? I mean, medicare should be available to those who ask - every medical professional/practitioner has sworn under Hippocrates' Oath.

To see others being denied aid just because of money is...truly saddening.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 01:58:57 am by Tiruin »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #59802 on: March 31, 2013, 01:50:58 am »

I think I hit that point where visiting home stops making me glad I don't live here anymore and starts making me wish I could again. I don't like being an adult.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #59803 on: March 31, 2013, 01:54:17 am »

Oh yes, In America, if you can't pay exorbant medcal fees, or can't obtain health insurance, you have to suffer regardless of the actual issue.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #59804 on: March 31, 2013, 01:57:42 am »

A hospital has to treat you if your life is in immediate danger, but only what's required to keep you from dying.  And then they own you.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Pages: 1 ... 3985 3986 [3987] 3988 3989 ... 8167